Old July 18th 06, 08:16 AM posted to alt.chess

Default What are the Chess Tournaments Time Controls.

I would like to know the Basic Rules on Time Controls.

Things I want to know are.

1. Max time each player can take for a single move.
2. I have heard some 40 Moves rule. What is that?
3. What happens if the game takes more than 40 moves
4. Is it neccesary to have each tournament game played withing the Time
Control
5. Can we postpone a Chess game to be played another day (Say Someone
have a headache etc.)

I have heard of many types of tournaments

1. Lightning
2. Rapid Chess
3. Knockout System

And a few others. What are the differences in Time Controls for these
game.

Currently games at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Takes below times So I am interested to know wheather I can put this
game to be played in a tournament?

Beginner Level: 5-10 seconds {makes 40 moves in 7 minutes}
Easy Level: 30-50 seconds {makes 40 moves in 35 minutes}
Normal Level 1-2 Minutes {makes 40 moves in 1.5 hours }
Master Level: 2-4 Minutes. {makes 40 moves in 2 hours}

I am interested to know if Normal Level and Master Level be able to
take part in Time Controlled Tournaments?

Bye
Sanny