Old July 20th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Louis Blair is trying to have all my Wikipedia chess biographies deleted

Louis Blair is trying to have all my Wikipedia chess biographies
deleted.

Chess politics gadfly Louis Blair has been going around Wikipedia for
the last few days campaigning to have all my biographies of chess
personalities deleted.

Starting early this morning, July 19, 2006, he has been succeeding.

Since early this morning, ten of my biographies of chess players have
been deleted. In fact, they have "salted the earth", meaning that no
biography of those persons can ever be posted again to Wikipedia.

Those ten deleted biographies cannot even be seen in the index any
more.

About 20 more have been substantially modified or "nominated for
deletion".

Only one person is doing all this. He is acting at the request of
Louis Blair.

I will give an example of one that is on the vrerge of being deleted
right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Borg

This is the biography of Geoffrey Borg, who was just elected
Vice-President of FIDE at the meetings in Italy. He is also a lawyer
and President of the Malta Chess Federation. He is clearly a notable
person within the standards of Wikipedia.

Yet early this morning he was noiminated for speedy deletion. Some
person whom I do not know but who has an Italian name saved this one
from being deleted immediately by posting some additional links to Mr.
Borg.

So, it was taken off the speedy deletion list but is still nominated
for deletion.

I have posted about 100 chess biographies on Wikipedia. Anybody here
who has their own biography on Wikipedia needs to go there now, see if
it is still there or has been changed and watch it by the hour to try
to stop Louis Blair and his allies from deleting it.

Also, somebody should complain to Jimbo, the orner of Wikipedia.

Old July 20th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Louis Blair is giving Sam Sloan a wedgie

Mr. Blair is doing the right thing. All your bloody craps should be
deleted promptly.

Cheers,
Tony

Old July 20th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:17:12 GMT):

7 ... Chess politics gadfly Louis Blair has been going around
7 Wikipedia for the last few days campaigning to have all my
7 biographies of chess personalities deleted. ...

_
About four and a half months ago, I made some comments
about an Edward Winter biography. More recently I have not
written anything at Wikipedia that could be considered a Sam
Sloan biography deletion recommendation. Perhaps I should,
but, for better or for worse, I have not.

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:17:12 GMT):

7 ... somebody should complain to Jimbo, the orner of Wikipedia.

_
Some past Wikipedia-related, Sam Sloan complaining:
_
"it is easy to veryify that there is auch a blacklist. ..."
- Sam Sloan (19:08, 22 December 2005 (UTC))
_
"If Sam Sloan is basing his contribution of a blacklist
based on conversations (newsgroup or otherwise),
emails, or his own suspicions that such a blacklist
exists, that is by definition original research and is not
allowed. However, if he were to cite reliable sources
that declare its existence, then its mention may be
included. This is non-negotiable. If Sam Sloan
continues his attempts to include this in the article
against the consensus formed by other editors on this
page, I will reluctantly have to impose a block."
- howcheng (06:37, 3 January 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chess_Life
_
_
"I do object when [Ralf Callenberg], JoanneB
and Janeth, none of whom know anything
about chess, try to delete the entire article."
- Sam Sloan (16:41, 24 December 2005 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tom Dorsch
(The result of the debate was delete. - howcheng
20:09, 29 December 2005 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ion/Tom_Dorsch
_
_
"I am having a dispute with Howcheng and
I request the Arbitration Committee to
resolve it." - Sam Sloan
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
Sam Sloan against Howcheng regarding Tom Dorsch
(soundly rejected - Dmcdevit 06:23, 11 February 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=39171201
_
_
"The act by Howcheng to delete my Tom
Dorsch article was clearly wrong. ... I need
an order of protection telling Howcheng
to stay from my articles until he learns
something about chess." - Sam Sloan
(03:03, 4 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipediaeletion review/Tom Dorsch
(deletion endorsed - Splash 23:53, 10 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=43215421
_
_
"[Paul Rubin] has a history of vandalizing
almost every article I write." - Sam Sloan
(05:52, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
"his request for a 'cease and desist' order
is outside the scope of mediation." - Paul
Rubin (23:45, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...User:Sam_Sloan
_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] is clearly unwilling to
abide by the rules of Wikipedia and
therefore I am asking that if he continues
he be blocked." - Sam Sloan (04:11, 19
March 2006 (UTC))
_
"This doesn't appear to be a request for
mediation" - Ralf Callenberg (20:24,
19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...User:Sam_Sloan
_
_
"the arbitration committee should consider
this dispute [with Paul Rubin]." - Sam Sloan
(10:15, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Paul Rubin]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095
_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] ... should not be allowed
to delete or modify my postings." - Sam
Sloan (01:35, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Ralf Callenberg]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=45399095
_
_
"I am requesting that, if possible and
legally allowed, your chess federation
bring a proceeding to censure or
reprimand or otherwise punish Herr
Callenberg." - Sam Sloan (Fri,
07 Apr 2006 14:54:46 GMT)

Old July 20th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 19 Jul 2006 21:12:36 -0700, wrote:

Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:17:12 GMT):

7 ... Chess politics gadfly Louis Blair has been going around
7 Wikipedia for the last few days campaigning to have all my
7 biographies of chess personalities deleted. ...

_
About four and a half months ago, I made some comments
about an Edward Winter biography. More recently I have not
written anything at Wikipedia that could be considered a Sam
Sloan biography deletion recommendation. Perhaps I should,
but, for better or for worse, I have not.

A lie by Louis Blair.

Yesterday, July 19, 2006, Louis Blair posted 36 times an article
entitled "Sam Sloan announcement".

These postings were to the User Talk pages of people who have deleted
my postings in the past, such as Bill Brock, Paul Rubin and Ralf
Callenberg.

Louis Blair posts to Wikipedia as 137.216.208.82

This is the same IP address as he uses to post to
rec.games.chess.politics

You can see the list of "Sam Sloan announcement" postings by going to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...7.2 16.208.82

The obvious purpose of these 36 postings by Louis Blair yesterday was
to get these people like Bill Brock plus Wikipedians such as Howard
Cheng who goes by the User ID Howcheng to go around and delete all of
the articles written by me.

Louis Blair has been successful, as one of them, User: JzG, has
deleted or nominated for deletion or substantially modified about 50
of my chess biographies. All of this was done yesterday. You can see a
list at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...0&ta rget=JzG

For example, my article on Ali Nihat Yazici, President of the Turkish
Chess Federation, was deleted yesterday and given "protected deleted"
status, which means that no biography of ths person can ever again be
posted to Wikipedia.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici

It now says: "This page has been deleted, and protected to prevent
recreation."

If you look at the history, you will see that no trace of the article
remains:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...action=history

Unfortunately, no I can think of no way that legal action can be
brought to stop Louis Blair from vandalizing or deleting the
biographies of chess personalities.

Old July 20th 06, 11:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" I can think of no way that legal action can be brought to stop
Louis Blair from vandalizing or deleting the biographies of chess
personalities.

Don't you understand that Wikipedia is a joke? It is the ingenius way that
one guy created to get rich from the work of thousands of wheelchair-bound
shut-ins and others who have no meaningful lives (like you). He pays no
salaries, and yet there are thousands of people like you fighting with each
other to add content to the Wikipedia.

Get A Life. Then you will realize that writing biographies about a bunch of
chess assholes was a real waste, especially since the man who is making
money from your work does not even know that you exist.

Old July 20th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:17:12 GMT):
7 ... Chess politics gadfly Louis Blair has been going around
7 Wikipedia for the last few days campaigning to have all my
7 biographies of chess personalities deleted. ...
_
I wrote (19 Jul 2006 21:12:36 -0700):
7 About four and a half months ago, I made some comments
7 about an Edward Winter biography. More recently I have not
7 written anything at Wikipedia that could be considered a Sam
7 Sloan biography deletion recommendation. Perhaps I should,
7 but, for better or for worse, I have not.

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:31:53 GMT):

7 A lie by Louis Blair.
7
7 Yesterday, July 19, 2006, Louis Blair posted 36 times an article
7 entitled "Sam Sloan announcement". ...

_
If Sam Sloan read any of those posts, he should have noticed that
they did not recommend deletion. Indeed, they did not recommend
any course of action.
_
"... [one person] is acting at the request of Louis Blair.
..." - Sam Sloan ,
00:17:12 GMT)
_
The posts contained no requests.

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:31:53 GMT):

7 ... The obvious purpose of these 36 postings by Louis Blair
7 yesterday was to get these people like Bill Brock plus Wikipedians
7 such as Howard Cheng who goes by the User ID Howcheng to go
7 around and delete all of the articles written by me. ...

_
They have not done so in the past. Why would they do so now?

_
Sam Sloan )
wrote (Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:31:53 GMT):

7 ... Unfortunately, no I can think of no way that legal action can be
7 brought to stop Louis Blair from vandalizing or deleting the
7 biographies of chess personalities.

_
Can Sam Sloan give a specific example of "vandalizing" or deleting
that I have done?
_
By the way, whatever happened with the attempt to seek punishment
for "Herr Callenberg"?
_
"I am requesting that, if possible and
legally allowed, your chess federation
bring a proceeding to censure or
reprimand or otherwise punish Herr
Callenberg." - Sam Sloan
,
Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:54:46 GMT)

Old July 20th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

To Louis Blair:

I am not sure if you are using some kind of freeware as your internet/usenet
browser, but I just delete everything you post.

Your messages are so cluttered with 77777777s all over the place and you
quote from other messages in the middle of whatever you are posting and none
of it makes any sense.

If you are going to post something, then just post your own words and stop
splicing other people's remarks into your own convoluted messages.

Old July 20th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:56:28 GMT, "Sam Salomb"
wrote:

To Louis Blair:

I am not sure if you are using some kind of freeware as your internet/usenet
browser, but I just delete everything you post.

Your messages are so cluttered with 77777777s all over the place and you
quote from other messages in the middle of whatever you are posting and none
of it makes any sense.

If you are going to post something, then just post your own words and stop
splicing other people's remarks into your own convoluted messages.

When you reinvent the wheel, the end product sometimes has lumps and
protuberances and doesn't quite roll right.
Old July 20th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On 20 Jul 2006 06:32:22 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Louis Blair is playing games with words. It is perfectly obvious that
when he posts a bogus "Sam Sloan announcement" to the User Talk pages
of several Wikipedians who have a history of deleting my postings,
that he is waving a red flag in front of a bull, telling them to
delete some more of my postings.

Here are some of the "Sam Sloan announcement" postings by Louis Blair
yesterday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...n_announcement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Rook_wave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...n_announcement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...n_announcement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...n_announcement

Only one of the above has actually acted in this request. That is User
LzG who has deleted or modified about 50 of my biographies since
yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG

Old July 20th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

do i understand that Louis Blair has circulated material from imposters
without identifying them as imposters?

is Blair stating that his action has no explicit, rather than implicit,
intent?

perhaps this is even legal where he is, but not here

phil innes

oups.com...