Old July 22nd 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.support.kidney-disease,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Posting by Beatriz Marinello to uschess.org/forums

The following posting was written by Beatriz Marinello. You can find
it at http://www.uschess.org/forums under "Executive board election
results".

Here is her complete quote:

Beatriz Marinello PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:17 pm

Dear All:

The United States Chess Federation is reaching the lowest point in it
political history.

For many years Sam Sloan has been used to attack board members and his
credibility has been enhanced by "chess people' who linked information
to him for their own purpose.

The results of this election it makes us wonder about the wisdom of
the one member/one vote, as well as our effectiveness to attract good
people to run for the EB.

I for one, although I will not be attending the US Open due to
Doctor's orders, I am planning to complete my term in the board until
August of 2007.

I am in the process of starting dialysis, as some people know in 2003
I was diagnosed with IgA nephropathy. This is an complicated year for
me because I need to find a suitable donor for a kidney transplant. So
far, I have been unsuccessful trying to find a donor. This is my top
priority in my life. I am observing with sadness the collapse of my
loved federation.

The USCF "Rome" is burning!

On a positive note, chess will continue there are many wonderful
volunteers and chess professionals whom will keep chess activities
going.

All the best.

Beatriz Marinello

Needless to say, the candidate backed by Beatriz Marinello lost the
election. Here are the complete USCF Election Results.
http://www.uschess.org/votes2006.php
Old July 23rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.support.kidney-disease,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Sam Sloan" Needless to say, the candidate backed by Beatriz Marinello
lost the
election. Here are the complete USCF Election Results.
http://www.uschess.org/votes2006.php

Congratulations Sam! Is this the first time that you have won a USCF
election? Anyhow, it is good to see that you are on the board. A vote for
Sam Sloan is a vote against cheesy lesbianism.

BTW, if Marinello is too sick to go to the meetings, then why doesn't the
board remove her and replace her?

Old July 23rd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Do you need to be a USCF member in order to see these postings? When I go
there I only see 4 categories........Announcements, Tournament Organization,
Tournament Direction and Chess Club Organization

Old July 23rd 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Robert Loggins" Do you need to be a USCF member in order to see these
postings?

I Clicked the link and saw it clearly.

Preliminary USCF Executive Board Election Results (4:45 PM, July 20th)
The following results are by region. 100% of the ballots have been counted.

Region States Sloan Perks Goodall Hough Schlich
I ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT 68 55 66 75 89
II NY,NJ 172 97 125 138 87
III PA,WV,VA,MD,DC,DE 154 121 124 155 178
IV NC,SC,GA,FL 140 88 105 114 65
V MI,IN,OH,KY 135 172 92 104 71
VI MN,WI,ND,SD 42 37 36 47 29
VII IA,MO,IL,NE 90 70 73 91 50
VIII TN,AL,MS,AR,LA 42 48 46 57 36
IX WY,UT,CO,KS 50 30 41 36 27
X OK,TX,NM 89 83 98 107 70
XI AZ,NV,CA(N),CA(S),HI 164 98 226 406 82
XII MT,ID,WA,OR,AK 44 41 34 67 23
Other APO,FPO,US Territories 3 2 7 4 4
Preliminary Totals 1193 942 1113 1401 811

Based on these results, Randall Hough has been elected to a three year term
and Sam Sloan has been elected to a one year term, both terms to begin once
the election has been certified by the Board of Delegates in August.

Delegate results by state are available here.

The list of the 3304 members whose ballots were received and counted is now
available here.

Old July 26th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.support.kidney-disease,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

This **** Ringo has floated onto the screens
from the Internet gutter:

A vote for Sam Sloan is a vote against cheesy lesbianism.

Sam should marry Beatriz.

==============================
Wlod

Old July 26th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.support.kidney-disease,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)" wrote in message
oups.com...
This **** Ringo has floated onto the screens
from the Internet gutter:

A vote for Sam Sloan is a vote against cheesy lesbianism.

Sam should marry Beatriz.

Or at least give her a kidney, or two.

Old July 26th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.support.kidney-disease,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Unfortunately, a kidney transplant does not appear to be a permanent
solution to the problem. Here is one report:

Therapy

The ideal treatment for IgAN would remove IgA from the glomerulus and
prevent further IgA deposition. This goal still remains a remote
prospect. There are a few additional caveats that have to be considered
while treating IgA nephropathy. IgA nephropathy has a very variable
course, ranging from a benign recurrent hematuria up to a rapid
progression to chronic renal failure. Hence the decision on which
patients to treat should be based on the prognostic factors and the
risk of progression. Also, IgA nephropathy recurs in transplants
despite the use of ciclosporin, azathioprine or mycophenolate mofetil
and steroids in these patients. There are persisting uncertainties, due
to the limited number of patients included in the few controlled
randomized studies performed to date, which hardly produce
statistically significant evidence regarding the heterogeneity of IgA
nephropathy patients, the diversity of study treatment protocols, and
the length of follow-up.