Old July 25th 06, 10:04 AM posted to alt.chess

Default Is a pawn worth a sacrifice?

When I play with Beginner Level, I find the computer sacrifices its
pawns for no reasion. But Once I am pawn up, I find that it is taking
long time to defeat it. So was this pawn sacrifice done to improve the
game position.

Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

But when I play with Easy/ Normal Levels It does not sacrifices pawns
as it calculates its pawns being killed and save itself. So my question
is whether Pawns should be sacrificed for good Position.

How to descide whether giving a pawn is OK or not are there any rules
on it.

Now game plays fast enough to complete in time. even Master level is
quite fast.

Beginner: 10 seconds / move {Easy to win}
Easy : 30-50 seconds / move {difficult game}
Normal: 1-2 min / move {tough game}

Master Level only for good players.

Bye
Sanny