Old July 31st 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

Default Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan

Sam,

For someone who has argued before the US Supreme Court, you should know
better. You have absolutely no evidence that Paul is the "Faker". All
you have is innuendo and feeble circumstancial "evidence".

Give it up. Why should you care who impersonates you on this or any
other forum? You are on the USCF BOD. You should be paying attention
to the woes of the USCF, not your own petty ego.

And while I'm at it...

I'm a Life Member, as well as a Life Master. For a while I was being
considered for the position of Executive Director, but once the move to
Crossville was confirmed, I withdrew my name from consideration. Who
in the world would want to live there?

At any rate, my personal opinion is that the USCF membership will
finally get what it deserves since they have voted for you.

Exactly nothing.

- Mike Petersen

Sam Sloan wrote:
Paul Truong is The Fake Sam Sloan

The big mystery in chess over the past year and especially over the
just completed election period has been the identity of the Fake Sam
Sloan. The Fake Sam Sloan has been flooding the chess newsgroups and
especially rec.games.chess.politics with so many postings that it was
sometimes difficult for anyone to discuss anything else. There were
times when the Fake Sam Sloan would post 20 or 30 articles in a batch,
covering all of the active discussion topics so that is became
difficult to find the real discussions that were taking place.

Eventually, every regular viewer of the groups came to realize that
there was a Fake Sam Sloan posting and that there were certain
telltale signs to make it possible to distinguish between the Real Sam
Sloan and the Fake. For example, postings by the Real Sam Sloan were
usually long and literate. Postings by the Fake Sam Sloan were usually
short and obscene, often only one line long.

One problem was that there were imitators. At one point there seemed
to be four Fake Sam Sloans posting, each with a different writing and
posting style, so this made it even more difficult to distinguish the
Real Sam Sloan from the Fakes.

However, the other Fake Sam Sloans would usually lose interest and
quit after a short while. The Real Fake Sam Sloan continued
persistently for more than a solid year with no breaks, whereas the
Fake Fake Sam Sloans would quit after a week or two.

A break came when the Fake Sam Sloan abruptly stopped posting on July
4, 2006, a day when the real live Sam Sloan was in Philadelphia
handing out campaign literature to the voters and therefore could not
possibly be posting on the Internet. Then, on July 21, 2006, just
after the votes had finished being counted and it had been determined
that Sam Sloan had been elected, ChessPromotion, previously identified
as Paul Truong, started a barrage of postings attacking Sam Sloan,
often posting as many as 25 times in one day to the USCF Forums.
Although the style of writing and other things were different, one
similarity was the habit of filling up all the active discussion
topics with the same repetitions messages so that no other subject
could be discussed. Only the Fake Sam Sloan had done that and when
Paul Truong started doing the same thing, it suddenly became apparent
that Paul Truong was the Fake Sam Sloan.

That was not the only clue. Almost from the beginning, ever since July
17, 2005, Stan Booz and Neil Brennen had both been saying that Paul
Truong was the Fake Sam Sloan. However, since Booz and Brennen were
themselves suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan, their postings were
discounted.

The first Fake Sam Sloan posting was on June 25, 2005 as
from NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.2.156.67 .
That was just as the real live Sam Sloan was flying to Chicago to play
the Famous Grudge Match against Bill Brock. That Fake Sam Sloan
clearly knew that the Real Sam Sloan would be flying to Chicago and
would not be on the Internet at that point in time. That Fake Sam
Sloan seemed to be Ray Gordon. He posted 16 times from that address
and quit only three days later on June 28. He last posted from

Previously, somebody was posting from

but as Ray Gordon, who wrote on June 18, 2005 from NNTP-Posting-Host:
4.237.38.175 : "What do you expect from scumbags like Booz and his
chief bull dyke Marinelle?"

This is the form of postings by the Fake Sam Sloan to the present. A
Google search of the word bulldyke (one word) will show that this word
has been used 41 times, always by the Fake Sam Sloan and always in
reference to Beatriz Marinello. Bull dyke (two words) had been used 73
times, always in reference to Beatriz Marinello.

Because there were nine postings from as whocares @
registerednurses.com and signed Ray Gordon from June 18 to June 24,
2005, but after that postings from as

were signed Sam Sloan, this led everyone to conclude that the Fake
Sam Sloan was Ray Gordon. However, the Real Ray Gordon denied that
this was him, and it now seems obvious that that was a Fake Ray
Gordon. There were many other postings by a Fake Ray Gordon later on
and the Real Ray Gordon actually filed suit in federal court in the
Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Google about this. He lost
the case and the court's decision against him has become part of his
signature.

Previously, there were 22 unsigned posting from that same email
address. Most of them attacked Marinello as a Bull Dyke, but many of
them also attacked Goichberg, Channing and Hanke as well. One said:
"beatchess, goichberg, hanke, ES are all scumbags. Who gives a ****
about them?"

The next Fake Sam Sloan first posted on June 28, 2005 from
and NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.2.156.214 and last
posted on December 17, 2005 from that address. He thereafter
immediately shifted over the
and started posting
from there. It was clearly the same fake, as the writing style and
content was the same.

On July 18, 2005, there was a posting from and NNTP-Posting-Host:
4.237.41.219 but signed StanB which said: "Sam, you're a scumbag. Do
you like 12 year old girls?"

This seemed to be something that the real Stan Booz would write,
leading many to conclude that Stan Booz was the Fake Sam Sloan.

Just six minutes later there was a posting from the same email address
but from NNTP-Posting-Host: 4.237.38.188 which said:" What about a
bulldyke like Marinello? Who does she have to play with?"

The last posting from sloan @ journalist .com was on January 11, 2006
and NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.12.116.69

The next Fake Sam Sloan seems to have been a different person. This
Fake Sam Sloan never attacked Marinello but attacked other people
instead, posting at
and NNTP-Posting-Host:
152.163.100.69 from only January 4 to January 11, 2006.

There have been several other Fake Sam Sloans, but they do not show
the characteristics of the main one, who most often calls Marinello a
bulldyke. For example there was
(note the ii
in ishiipress) who only posted a few times.

The most recent Fake Sam Sloan is
This one first
posted on March 17, 2006 from NNTP-Posting-Host: 205.188.117.73 and
last posted on July 4, 2006 from NNTP-Posting-Host: 152.163.100.67 .
Here is that last posting:

"I left you alone for a few weeks and now you want to go crazy? Up
yours scumbag! You're history. Run asshole! I hate all the ****ing
bull dykes in the USCF. They can all gag on my dick.

"Sam Sloan"

The latest Fake Sam Sloan had learned to delete his postings shortly
after they appeared. During the election period he would often post 20
or 30 per day. However, those that survive in some format were those
to which there was a response. Most regulars learned to just not
respond so that they would go away.

What is the proof that the main Fake Sam Sloan was all this time Paul
Truong?

In 2004, Paul Truong called me to inform me that Beatriz Marinello was
a lesbian. I told him that I did not believe it, as she had been
married to a prominent New York chess master. Truong replied that this
was just a green card marriage.

A consistent theme throughout these Fake Sam Sloan postings is that
Beatriz Marinello is a bulldyke. Most people have no care nor concern
about the private life of a chess player or anybody else for that
matter. Obviously the Fake Sam Sloan does.

The Fake Sam Sloan consistently has certain people that he attacks.
Most notable are Stan Booz and Neil Brennen. He also attacks Ray
Gordon and Tim Hanke.

So, one must look for someone who dislikes Sam Sloan, Beatriz
Marinello, Stan Booz, Neil Brennen, Ray Gordon and Tim Hanke.

Paul Truong is known to dislike all those people. There are few people
who dislike all of those people, especially since most people who like
Sam Sloan dislike Beatriz Marinello and most people who like Beatriz
Marinello dislike Sam Sloan.

There is the fact that the Fake Sam Sloan and the Real Paul Truong
often post as many as 25 times per day. Not many people have time for
that. Truong says that he is retired and apparently has lots of spare
time on his hands.

Truong has a long history of creating fake personalities. For example,
it is proven that he was "Bob Bennett" although he still denies this.

Paul Truong now posts as ChessPromotion to the USCF Forums and as
ChessMarketing to the Yahoo groups and never signs his real name.

Two of the primary targets of attack by the Fake Sam Sloan have stated
from the beginning that Paul Truong was the Fake Sam Sloan.

On July 17, 2005, Stan Booz wrote: "I don't; I think its your good
buddy PT."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...8ac61336865660

On July 17, 2005, Neil Brennen wrote (obviously referring to Paul
Truong):

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...427c17a?hl=en&

" http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation
OK. This is mildly interesting but does not prove much.
sloan @ journalist.com (one of the fake posters) posts at 4.237.41.136
According to the above website, that is in Flushing, NY.

"Doesn't a well-known female GM (recently praised in a press release
by an alleged ?co-worker as one of the three top GMs in the world) run
a chess school near Flushing? Didn't the male half of Trollgar like to

post under assumed names?"

Under the heading Who am I? In a posting that was soon thereafter
deleted, the Fake Sam Sloan provided a list of 11 persons who could
possibly be himself.

As chess master Bruce Leverett noted, the Fake Sam Sloan would have to
be a person whose name was not on the list and who has a history of
deleting his own postings.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...ab72bf6e8db6d0

Paul Truong fits both criteria.

Thus, it is proven that Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan. All
evidence points to Truong. No evidence points in any other direction.
Truong had the knowledge, the resources, the motivation and the
capability to perpetuate this hoax. Being retired he has a lot of time
on his hands and the time and the resources to post as many as 25 of
these fake messages per day.

When all other possibilities have been excluded, the remaining one,
however improbable, must be the truth.

The Real Sam Sloan

Old August 1st 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

For someone who has argued before the US Supreme Court, you should know
better. You have absolutely no evidence that Paul is the "Faker". All
you have is innuendo and feeble circumstancial "evidence".

At least he's laying out why he believes this, which is not the same as just
saying it and not saying why. What he's really doing is giving an opinion
or conclusion of his and why he reached it.

Though I have to say, all that fake/real Ray Gordon stuff has me questioning
myself! I didn't sue google over THAT fake Ray Gordon, btw, but I easily
could have.

Give it up. Why should you care who impersonates you on this or any
other forum? You are on the USCF BOD. You should be paying attention
to the woes of the USCF, not your own petty ego.

And while I'm at it...

I'm a Life Member, as well as a Life Master. For a while I was being
considered for the position of Executive Director, but once the move to
Crossville was confirmed, I withdrew my name from consideration. Who
in the world would want to live there?

At any rate, my personal opinion is that the USCF membership will
finally get what it deserves since they have voted for you.

Exactly nothing.

Even so, would that be an improvement?

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old August 1st 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

CASE NOT PROVEN

Sam has made a circumstantial case against Paul
Truong as the Fake Sam Sloan. He argues that the case
is true because he has managed to eliminate possible
alternatives such as a Neil Brennan or a Stan Booz.

I see no proof that Mr. Truong is the Fake Sam
Sloan; I see speculation. So, too, I still see no
proof that Sam Sloan has ever molested an unwilling
female -- underage or overage. I see speculation. I
see people drawing conclusions from inadequate
evidence.

Frankly, I found Sam's attempts to dismiss Stan
Booz as a possible miscreant to be weak. Like any
good rgcpist, Neil Brennan is filled with hatred and
bile, and he could sustain such a campaign
emotionally, though the capability to hate over a span
of months means little in terms of making a case.

There is a sickness in the Fake Sam Sloan, and I
don't find that sickness in Mr. Truong. Bill Brock or
Vinnie Hart may have the required emotional makeup
that somehow seems absent in Mr. Truong.

Still, my impressions of people unprove nothing,
just as Sam's long analyses prove nothing.

The truth is we still do not know the identity of
the Fake Sam Sloan(s).

Old August 1st 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

I just look at "File" and "Properties" and see if it was sent from
ishipress.

Old August 1st 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

wrote in message
ups.com...
CASE NOT PROVEN

Sam has made a circumstantial case against Paul
Truong as the Fake Sam Sloan. He argues that the case
is true because he has managed to eliminate possible
alternatives such as a Neil Brennan or a Stan Booz.

But what is Proven, Mr. Parr, is that Sam Sloan is not showing any
indications of being a useful member of the board, since what we wanted was
to end the news-blackout. If his choice to continue making rather
speculatory charges, then what is not speculated upon will become diluted to
such a degree that it will be greatly reduced in value.

Mr. Sloan needs to get it into his head that people wanted more straight
talk about on-going USCF issues than they were accustomed to hearing from
the Board or Jerry Hanken - who is not exactly a replacement 'critic' for
Larry Evans.

I don't assess any other reason that he became elected.

In this current 'practice' period of managing chess we have seen a variety
of distortions based on exaggeration of his own role in the affairs of the
Polgars - combined with this rather simple animus disliking of their current
manager.

Sloan needs to focus on just a few tasksw he can accomplish in the next 12
months, and he he will achieve them. If they have no beneficial effect on
the future [as this melee with Polgars has not] he will distract himself
silly, and in a couple of months prove himself useless as a chess manager.

He has some other potential, not as a rather outre personality type, but in
playing the /role/ of inside reporter and in addressing /vital/ business -
which I would say is identified by whatever should form a foundation and
superstructure in support of chess USA in the future.

I think he has not understood this as the reason he was elected, nor as the
only basis, as I see it, for continued interest in himself.

Phil Innes
..

Old August 2nd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

SAM MUST REMAIN AN OUTSIDER

Dear Phil,

Yes, the main reason Sam got elected was his
promise to air dirty political linen. I could not agree
more. And you have read my jeremiads to him about not
becoming a clubman if he wishes to have a future in
USCF political office.

I disagree with the notion that Sam fails to
understand the politics of his position. I think he
has the reality figured pretty well: the insiders
want to jolly him along for a year, thence into
obscurity after he disappoints his supporters.
AND/OR: the insiders will try to provoke Sam
in some fashion to provide fodder for banning
him from Board meetings.

To be fair to Sam, he is not yet on the Board and
will not be in much of a position to get financial data
until after he joins the Board at the U.S. Open in the
second week of August.

Sam need not fear losing votes by 6 -1. Such
results will not necessarily help the incumbents.
What he must fear is never losing votes by 6 - 1. Lev
Alburt lost a record number of such votes and left the
Board as one of its most respected members. Moreover,
several key sections of Lev's agenda later became
Federation policy.

Old August 2nd 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

wrote in message
oups.com...
SAM MUST REMAIN AN OUTSIDER

Dear Phil,

Yes, the main reason Sam got elected was his
promise to air dirty political linen. I could not agree
more.

Oh, Sam got elected? As Tony the Tiger would say,that's GRRRRRRRReat!!!

Old August 2nd 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.true-crime,alt.chess

Default Speculations / Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan

(I had too many typos; let me rewrite my post).

wrote:

The truth is we still do not know the identity of
the Fake Sam Sloan(s).

Once we start speculations, let's point
a reasonable direction:

1. Sam Sloan craves and is extremely greedy
for notoriety, which in his sick mind is the
same as notability. And when Sam strives
at his percived goals he is unscrupulous.

2. Sam's selfesteem depends the number
of times his name is counted by Google.

3, He has created several anonymous accounts
to jump crudely on himself, counting on me or
Jerzy or Larry or others to counter with something
like "moron, get lost, you anonymous coward".

4. To further increase the number of google hits,
and in an idiotic attempt to intimidate or slow
down those who don't think highly about him,
Sam has also created some filthy sounding voices
(not that different from his own), like the recent
degenerated phony voice, signed "Vlad Polock".

These Sam's actions are all cheap and disgusting but
in Sam's mind they works, hence they are worthwhile
his effort, while he still didn't move a dirty finger to do
anything for USCF, did he?

Wlod