Old February 15th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Bill Goichberg makes $50,000 deal with Jim Berry

On Feb 14, 5:43 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
Don Schultz has confirmed to me that Bill Goichberg has indeed signed
a $50,000 sponsorship package to hold the 2007 US Championship in
Stillwater, Oklahoma in exchange for a seat on the board for Jim
Berry. I oppose this deal. Donna Alarie, Beatriz Marinello, Joe Lux,
Mike Goodall and Leroy Dubeck also reject this deal.

Sam Sloan

The above post is by the Fake Sam Sloan, not by me.

I just spoke to Don Schultz on the telephone. He states that this
report is absolutely not true, in that he has not confirmed and is not
aware of any such deal by Bill Goichberg and Jim Berry to sponsor for
$50,000 the US Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Don Schultz also states that even if there is such a deal, there is no
guarantee that Jim Berry would be elected to the board.

What I personally find interesting is that sometimes the Fake Sam
Sloan has inside information and knows more than the rest of us. So, I
am interested in seeing whether this report turns out to be true.

The Real Sam Sloan