Old February 21st 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Disastrous Results of the Move to Crossville

Disastrous Results of the Move to Crossville

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchanning
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Susan Polgar has been attacking the USCF for years . . . . ]
Sam Sloan
Well, at least she hasn't sued us. And, by the way, I believe our
legal bills from defending ourselves against you exceed the $13,000 in
payments you have recently continued to question, even after they were
explained.

Joel Channing
The move to Crossville has proven to be a financial disaster. On just
one item alone, employee salaries and benefits, the USCF is spending
around $200,000 more per year on employee costs than it spent in New
Windsor. Perhaps more importantly, the new employees are more likely
to make mistakes, such as all the problems and errors in the TLAs
which have caused our local tournament directors, the life blood of
the USCF, to lose a lot of money and in some cases to go out of
business.

The former experienced employees who on average had worked for the
USCF for seven years were working better and cheaper than the new
staff.

Worse yet, we are stuck in Crossville. We can never leave. It is like
the Hotel California where, "You can come any time you want, but you
can never leave."

Had I won the suit, which I lost only because the defendants were
evading service of process and refusing to address the merits, I would
have saved the USCF from the financial disaster it is now
experiencing.

Old February 21st 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

THE $314,000 LOSS

The move to Crossville has proven to be a financial disaster. On
just
one item alone, employee salaries and benefits, the USCF is spending
around $200,000 more per year on employee costs than it spent in New
WindsorWorse yet, we are stuck in Crossville....We can never leave.
It is like
the Hotel California where, "You can come any time you want, but you
can never leave."

On another newsgroup GM Larry Evans recently noted: "The disaster
happened before this board took over on the watch of Beatriz Marinello
and the crazed move to Crossville which began the downward spiral of
the USCF."

Old February 22nd 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Feb 21, 8:24 am, "samsloan" wrote:

Worse yet, we are stuck in Crossville. We can never leave. It is like
the Hotel California where, "You can come any time you want, but you
can never leave."

It's actually: "You can check out any time you like,
but you can never leave." This ties in well with a
certain poster's many anti-drug-testing rants (though
not all drugs are addictive). And in fact brings to mind
another famous quote: "Sex, like drugs, like rock-'n-roll,
has the power to make men happy." -- Elvis

-- help bot