Old February 21st 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Excessive Moderation by the Moderator

Excessive Moderation by the Moderator

I am really outraged by what has just happened. The moderator at USCF
Forums has three times removed a perfectly legitimate posting by me
which criticized the move to Crossville and the current state of
financial affairs in Crossville.

I suspect that the moderator is a member of the USCF staff in
Crossville. Otherwise, there is no possible reason why the moderator
would want to remove my posting.

In addition, my posting was in response to an attack on me by Joel
Channing. I have every right to respond when another board member
attacks me.

Here is what the moderator wrote to me and my reply.

I demand that this anonymous moderator be removed.

Sam Sloan

From: Moderator2 Moderat2 To: samsloan Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:15
am Subject: Disastrous Results of the Move to Crossville

Your thread has been moved to a nonpublic area for further moderator
review. Please do not repost the same information until you are
notified by a moderator.

I strenuously object. There was nothing wrong with my posting and it
concerns a grave issue of ultimate importance to the USCF and its
members.

Sam Sloan

Disastrous Results of the Move to Crossville

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchanning
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Susan Polgar has been attacking the USCF for years . . . . ]
Sam Sloan
Well, at least she hasn't sued us. And, by the way, I believe our
legal bills from defending ourselves against you exceed the $13,000 in
payments you have recently continued to question, even after they were
explained.

Joel Channing
The move to Crossville has proven to be a financial disaster. On just
one item alone, employee salaries and benefits, the USCF is spending
around $200,000 more per year on employee costs than it spent in New
Windsor. Perhaps more importantly, the new employees are more likely
to make mistakes, such as all the problems and errors in the TLAs
which have caused our local tournament directors, the life blood of
the USCF, to lose a lot of money and in some cases to go out of
business.

The former experienced employees who on average had worked for the
USCF for seven years were working better and cheaper than the new
staff.

Worse yet, we are stuck in Crossville. We can never leave. It is like
the Hotel California where, "You can come any time you want, but you
can never leave."

Had I won the suit, which I lost only because the defendants were
evading service of process and refusing to address the merits, I would
have saved the USCF from the financial disaster it is now
experiencing.

Old February 21st 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

IT'S THE SAME OLD STORY

See Happy Talk Is Here Again

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/modules....rder=0&thold=0

Old February 22nd 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan
I've seen the post in question (Sam emailed it to a
dozen people and it is also on rgcp, so you can get it from google),
as far as I can tell there is NOTHING of a financial nature in it that
hasn't been said on the Forums more than once (and some it has been
refuted more than once, too.)
Right.

My posting to USCF Forums can now be seen at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...289ced9a3da169

What I posted was much the same as what others, including Bill
Goichberg, had previously posted there. Their postings were not
deleted. However, when I posted much the same thing, it was deleted or
"hidden".

Is Mike Nolan suggesting that because somebody else has already
written it, that I should not be allowed to write it?

Old February 22nd 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" Is Mike Nolan suggesting that because somebody else has
already
written it, that I should not be allowed to write it?

I think he wants some money or sexual favors. Send him a couple of bucks or
else bring one of your wives with you to the next tournament so she can
service him. Maybe this will help some of your postings avoid censorship.