Old February 24th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Default Susan Polgar and the $50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeditor
My jaw dropped when I read this. You have been
viciously attacking Polgar for months, virtually accusing her of
extorting $30,000 from the USCF. (Or was it $40,000, or $50,000?) You
accused her of swindling the 2003 U.S. Open (we're still waiting for a
retraction on that one). Then there was that nonsense about "stealing
the laptop" in August 2003. Do you even read your own posts?
Now we get into areas where anything I write gets deleted by the
moderator.

Nevertheless, I will try again, hoping that my posting will last a few
nanoseconds before it gets snuffed out by the moderator.

Susan Polgar has admitted on her Blog that on or about August 20, 2003
she along with Paul Truong entered the USCF offices and removed the
laptop computer which contained all the USCF's financial records. The
laptop has never been returned. She claims that she was authorized by
the board to take the laptop, but the board denies this and she has
failed to identify by name any board member or any other person who
authorized the taking of the laptop.

Regarding the $50,000 she claimed was due her for training the 2004
Woman's Olympiad Training Squad, there was no basis to her claim.
However, because through Truong she repeatedly threatened lawsuits,
the board finally paid her about $20,000 in cash plus gave her three
pages of free publicity in Chess Life including a cover story in Chess
Life in settlement of her claims.

Regarding the $13,358.36 paid to her by Bill Goichberg while he was
Executive Director, Beatriz Marinello, who was USCF President at the
time, states that this payment was unauthorized and she did not even
know about it until I found it on the CD that was provided to board
members at my insistence.

In short, Susan Polgar has been living off the USCF for some years. I
am told that she has very few students, no schools and little money.
It seems that her plan to "clean up the USCF" mainly involves getting
rid of me so that she can start receiving large cash payments from the
USCF again.