Old February 25th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

Default Susan Polgar violates USCF Trade Name

Susan Polgar violates USCF Trade Name

At http://uschess.blogspot.com/feeds/44...mments/default
on Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:15:00 AM, Susan Polgar writes:

"Mr. Sloan attempted to post more lies on this blog. His posts were
deleted. He has been banned from all my blogs until he apologizes to
each person that he maliciously and falsely attacked and lied about."

"Best wishes,
"Susan Polgar
"www.PolgarChess.com"

I agree that she has the right do delete anything she wants from
susanpolgar.blogspot.com

However, at uschess.blogspot.com she is using the USCF registered
trade name Uschess and website address uschess.org

This is a violation of the USCF trade name.

Also, does she have the right to ban my postings to
uschess.blogspot.com when I am a member of the USCF Executive Board
and a candidate for re-election to that board?

You can see Susan's comment at:
https://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?b...7110358975 56

Old February 25th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

"samsloan" wrote in message
ps.com...
Susan Polgar violates USCF Trade Name

At http://uschess.blogspot.com/feeds/44...mments/default
on Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:15:00 AM, Susan Polgar writes:

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So fight back! All's fair in love and war.
Just get your own domain so you have total control over it and post your own
lies, slander, bull****, and other atrocities.

Have fun.

Old February 25th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess

At 07:40 AM 2/25/2007 EST, wrote:
Under the endorsement agreements signed recently between USCF and AF4C,
The Berkeley Chess Club and Susan Polgar, each party is entitled to feature
the icon of the other and have links to the other's site. Joel

But that is not what is being done here.

Susan Polgar is not linking to the official USCF site and she is not
displaying our logo.

She is using the term USCHESS on her campaign website to imply that
her campaign website is the official USCF site. Her blogspot is very
Anti-USCF.

There is some precedent. Back in about 2000, Bill Goichberg used the
domain name uscfnews.com which featured news about the USCF.

Bill received a strong letter from the USCF President objecting to
this and therefore Bill Goichberg took it down.

I did not find anything really objectionable about Bill using the term
USCFNEWS. However, for Susan Polgar to use the term USCHESS for her
site, particularly in the context of an election campaign, is clearly
objectionable.

Also, I am fairly certain that USCHESS is a registered trade name for
the USCF. It was registered by either Al Lawrence or Gerald Dullea
when they were executive director. For many years, they used the term
USCHESS and not USCF when identifying the organization.

Thus, we should ask Susan Polgar to take her blog spot down or else
turn it over to us.

Old February 25th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.accounting,alt.chess
SBD SBD is offline

On Feb 25, 9:45 am, "samsloan" wrote:
I did not find anything really objectionable about Bill using the term
USCFNEWS. However, for Susan Polgar to use the term USCHESS for her
site, particularly in the context of an election campaign, is clearly
objectionable.

This lack of discrimination simply shows that you are prejudiced
Polgar. If she is using a "trade name" without permission, I am sure
the USCF will inform her and I have no doubt she will comply, as the
Goich did. I am biased in another direction (pro-Polgar, not anti-
Goich; I always found him to be a decent fellow and it was in his
tournaments I was able to rise above 2200), but to me USCHESS is very
generic and not easily confusable with the USCF.