Old March 3rd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default I want to fire Bill Hall

Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Old March 4th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 3, 10:32 am, "samsloan" wrote:
Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Sam Sloan

You can't fire someone over that Sam.

Old March 4th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Mar 3, 11:17 pm, "Rob" wrote:
On Mar 3, 10:32 am, "samsloan" wrote:

Bill Hall was out sick during the entire past week. This was a very
bad time to be absent from work in view of the US Championship
situation.

I am just learning that he has been chronically absent from the job. I
did not realize this previously.

When he has not been sick, he stubbed his toe, fell in the bath tub,
got in a car accident or had to travel to St. Louis where his wife is
in the hospital.

No wonder nothing ever gets done in the office.

I think this situation needs to be looked into immediately, on an
emergency basis.

Sam Sloan

You can't fire someone over that Sam.

I did not post that. You have responded to a posting by the Fake Sam
Sloan.

However, I am wondering why you say that a person who is chronically
absent from work cannot be fired.

Old March 4th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 4, 1:25 am, "samsloan" wrote:
On Mar 3, 11:17 pm, "Rob" wrote:

[...]

By law you cannot retailate against someone taking FMLA leave.
Additionally most employers build in sick days. In lieu of sick days ,
vacation time may be substituted.

The USCF also has a very weak Ex. Dir. position . The real power lies
with Goichberg. Sorry if I responded to a fake Sam. LOL There are so
many it's hard to know which ones to reply to.
Rob