Old March 7th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default USCF Forum Moderators Delete all criticism of "US Championship Patron entry fees"

USCF Forum Moderators Delete all criticism of "US Championship Patron
entry fees"

Am I seeing things or did the moderators just remove two threads
entitled: "US Championship Patron entry fees" and "Patron entry
fees" ?

The decision by Bill Goichberg to allow rank beginners to buy their
way into the US Championship upon payment of $50,000 has to be the
most outrageous and controversial action in many years.

To say that we cannot even discuss this is even more outrageous.

I demand that the moderators reinstate these threads.

Here is what I was just getting ready to post:

Dear Myron and Rachel Lieberman,

At the meeting in Los Angeles on February 4, 2007, I made a motion
that no decisions could be made involving the US Championship and that
nothing could be done without a vote of the board.

Joel Channing modified the wording my motion slightly but did not
change the substance of it. The motion passed.

I see that you have it listed as EB67 but you do not have my exact
wording nor do you have Joel Channing's exact wording. The wording you
have is much milder than either my motion or Joel Channing's motion.

Please go back and replay the tape and look at your notes so that we
will have the exact wording of my motion and Joel Channing's motion.

This question is of utmost importance because I am certain that in
view of our motions which passed, Bill Goichberg did not have the
right to announce that anybody can get into the US Championship upon
payment of a $50,000 entry fee, without a vote by the board, as Bill
announced yesterday.

Kindly give this request top priority.

Old March 7th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

The USCF Forum moderators have just removed four different threads
criticizing the US Championship Patron Entry Fees which are announced
at
http://beta.uschess.org/frontend/news_7_289.php

Any explanation?

Old March 8th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 7 Mar 2007 07:44:32 -0800, "samsloan" wrote:

The USCF Forum moderators have just removed four different threads
criticizing the US Championship Patron Entry Fees which are announced
at
http://beta.uschess.org/frontend/news_7_289.php

Any explanation?

Yes. They don't want to be criticized, and neither would you if you
were in their shoes.