Old March 13th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Goichberg Stacks the USCF Forums with Pro-Goichberg Moderators

At 04:37 PM 3/9/2007 EST, wrote:

I hereby move that the USCF Executive Board establishes the USCF
Forums It will be the responsibility of the Committee to evaluate
the fitness of questionable posts in the USCF Forums, to rule on
sanctions relating to violations by posters within the USCF Forums,
and to advise the Executive Board and Executive Director on policy
regulating the USCF Forums. Inaugural members for the Committee are as
follows:

Jerry MacDonald
Joshua Snyder
Bill Smythe
Louis Blair
Polly Wright
Thomas Langland
Terry Vibbert
Terry Winchester

Bill Goichberg

I object to Louis Blair.

I am sure that Frank and James Berry will object to Louis Blair too,
as he constantly attacks them.

Who selected Louis Blair anyway?

Sam Sloan

At Monrovia, the Board named a subcommittee of Bill Hall, Randy Hough
and myself to submit nominations for committee members for Board
approval.

I see Louis Blair as a poster who documents his opinions in great
detail I believe he has disagreed with some posts by Frank or Jim
Berry, but that he has never made the type of attack post that we are
expecting the committee to remove from view.

Bill Goichberg

You apparently have not followed the career of Louis Blair very
closely. It is true that his emails consist almost entirely of quotes
by others. However, he selects his targets and attacks them again and
again, sometimes for months on end.

Right now, he is concentrating his attacks on Jim and Frank Berry. I
know that they are unhappy about this because Frank Berry complained
to me about Louis Blair at the meeting at the Marshall Chess Club
about cheating in chess.

I am surprised that you would consider such an obviously biased and
opinionated person as Louis Blair for membership on this committee.

Sam Sloan

Sam, does this mean that you vote no? Bill Goichberg

I do not object to having a committee. I do object to Louis Blair in
particular.

Louis Blair operates on Wikipedia as well. About one year ago I went
on a binge of posting biographies of Chess Personalities on Wikipedia.

A majority of the members of the current board and most past
presidents of the USCF and editors of Chess Life has a biography
posted by me.

After a while Louis Blair found out about this and went around posting
requests for speedy deletion of about 20 of my biographies of chess
players.

As a result, a bunch of my chess biographies were deleted. More than
that Louis Blair got them to "Salt The Earth" which means that no
biography of these people can ever be posted.

Here are two examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_César_Ingolotti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_VIJJUPRABHA

Louis Blair managed to get the entire Right Move Slate of Candidates
for FIDE Election deleted from Wikipedia. This was the slate that this
board supported for FIDE election.

Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated by
waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was not
looking. However, by then it was too late to help them win the FIDE
election.

Louis Blair has stated that nothing should be allowed to be posted in
the USCF Forums unless it meets the standards of Wikipedia which
basically require that it have been published in a book.

In short, Louis Blair is a dirty nasty guy who has done a lot of harm
to chess and has not done any good. I strenuously object and will make
a big stink about this if Bill Goichberg goes through with his threat
to put Louis Blair on the Moderation Committee, if he has not done it
already.

PS Once again, AOL is bouncing all my postings. AOL seems to do that
every time I send more than a certain number of emails to AOL users
per day. Will somebody who receives this who is not on AOL kindly
forward it to all the AOLers who are on this list.

Old March 13th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 12 Mar, 20:18, "samsloan" wrote:
At 04:37 PM 3/9/2007 EST, wrote:

[...]

You're a crybaby. Grow up chump. Everyone is out to get you, right?
Sleep with the lights on? Your days are numbered.

Old March 13th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
Why did you replace Bill Hall's email address
with mine, and erase Bill Hall's name and info and replace it with my
name?

Bill Goichberg
Because this is your motion and Louis Blair is your selection.

You have recently gotten in the habit of having Bill Hall front for
you, for example by saying that it was Bill Hall's idea to establish
patron entry fees into the US Championship whereby even a rank
beginner can play in the US Championship upon payment of $50,000. That
was clearly your idea, not Bill Hall's idea. You did not call for a
vote by the board on this. Instead, you went behind the board's back
by claiming that Bill Hall had done this.

Similarly, putting Louis Blair on the moderation committee even though
every regular member of the USCF Forum can see that Louis Blair is a
highly opinionated and biased person is clearly your idea. The other
two members of your supposed group who determines the moderators are
Bill Hall and Randy Hough who virtually never post there.

Here is one of your recent missives in which you defend your selection
of Louis Blair, in spite of the fact that Louis Blair has lately been
attacking primarily Jim and Frank Berry to whom you have just awarded
the bid to hold the US Chess Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

"Here is a recent post by Louis Blair which says nothing about
publication in a book, but rather that undocumented accusations should
not be allowed. Based on this and many other thoughtful posts, and a
lack of attacking or name calling posts, I think Prof. Blair is a
desirable addition to the committee.

"Bill Goichberg"

Obviously Louis Blair has never attacked Bill Goichberg. Otherwise,
you would be singing a different tune.

Old March 13th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 ... After a whileLouisBlairfound out about this and went around
7 posting requests for speedy deletion of about 20 of my
7 biographies of chess players.

_
That is false. No such requests by me ever existed.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 As a result, a bunch of my chess biographies were deleted.
7 More than thatLouisBlairgot them to "Salt The Earth" which
7 means that no biography of these people can ever be posted.

_
I have made no salt-the-earth requests either. Moreover, I am
no authority at Wikipedia. They do what THEY consider
appropriate, NOT necessarily what I consider appropriate.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 Here are two examples:
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_César_Ingolotti
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_VIJJUPRABHA

_
I have written nothing to Wikipedia about Julio César
Ingolotti or Panupand VIJJUPRABHA.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 LouisBlairmanaged to get the entire Right Move Slate of
7 Candidates for FIDE Election deleted from Wikipedia. ...

_
I have not sent to Wikipedia any of my opinions about the
Right Move Slate of Candidates.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 ... LouisBlairhas stated that nothing should be allowed to be
7 posted in the USCF Forums unless it meets the standards
7 of Wikipedia ...

_
I have written that I thought the same "approach" as Wikipedia
should be used. I am not advocating that the same rules should
be used. As I previously indicated, what I have in mind is the
idea that criticism should be accompanied by a clear
identification of the evidence.

Old March 13th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.

Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk Page of
Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess boigraphies.

Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go back and
delete some more of my chess Biographies from Wikipedia:

Again?

"... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated
by waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was
not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...coring=d&hl=en

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...3060#Sam_Sloan

(This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

Old March 13th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 13, 5:04 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.

Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk Page of
Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess boigraphies.

Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go back and
delete some more of my chess Biographies from Wikipedia:

Again?

"... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated
by waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was
not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g.../browse_frm/th...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...uests_for_arbi...

(This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

On July 19, 2006, Louis Blair who posted on Wikipedia as
137.216.208.82 posted 39 times a "Sam Sloan Announcement".

The purpose of these postings were to get my chess biographies deleted
and he succeeded.

Now, today, March 13, 2007, Louis Blair has so far today posted seven
similar notices on Wikipedia to the user talk pages of people he knows
to be hostile to me, such as Bill Brock, for example.

Take a look at the bottom of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Billbrock

This is a man who Bill Goichberg insists on putting on the Moderation
Committee, a man who obviously wants to stop me from posting to the
chess forums altogether.

Old March 13th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:04:21 -0700):

7 Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.
7
7 Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk
7 Page of Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess
7 boigraphies.
7
7 Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go
7 back and delete some more of my chess Biographies from
7 Wikipedia:
7
7 Again?
7
7 "... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies
7 reinstated by waiting several months and then trying again,
7 when Louis Blair was not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon
7 Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)
7
7 http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...coring=d&hl=en
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...3060#Sam_Sloan
7
7 (This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

_
Nonsense. I am not asking for any specific action.
I have only tried to help "Uses:JzG" and others at
Wikipedia to be aware of what is going on. It is up
to them to decide what action is appropriate.

Old March 13th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... On July 19, 2006, Louis Blair who posted on Wikipedia as
7 137.216.208.82 posted 39 times a "Sam Sloan Announcement".

_
I sent notes to less than 15 Wikipedia people. Apparently, Sam
Sloan is counting revisions of the same note.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 The purpose of these postings were to get my chess
7 biographies deleted ...

_
Nonsense. I was not asking for any specific action.
I only tried to help "Uses:JzG" and others at
Wikipedia to be aware of what was going on. It was
up to them to decide what action was appropriate.

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... Now, today, March 13, 2007, Louis Blair has so far
7 today posted seven similar notices on Wikipedia to the
7 user talk pages of people he knows to be hostile to me,
7 such as Bill Brock, for example. ...

_
Is there anyone at Wikipedia who knows about Sam
Sloan and is sympathetic to his Wikipedia activity?

_
Sam Sloan ) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... This is ... a man who obviously wants to stop me from
7 posting to the chess forums altogether.

_
Nonsense.

Old March 15th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

In retaliation for my complaints about Louis Blair on this forum,
Blair has gone over to Wikipedia and started a major allocation which
already today has evoked comments from a dozen administrators.

Take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped..._biographi es

Right now, because of Louis Blair, they are going around marking all
the chess biographies and chess related articles for deletion that I
have written over the past two years.

They have just marked the biography of Mike Goodall, a candidate for
election here, for deletion.

This has been done by Louis Blair, the man whom Bill Goichberg insists
must be put on the moderation committee of the USCF Forums.