Old March 14th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The Polgar Gang

We are facing a very serious threat from the Polgar Gang. They are
obviously looking at the $3.2 million in annual revenues the USCF
receives.

The first thing they will probably do when they get elected is grab
the last $420,000 cash that remains in the LMA account. That is the
only real cash the USCF has left.

Please note I am not accusing them of planning anything illegal. All
they have to do is do what several previous boards did, which is
squander the money. That is why the USCF lost $2 million from 1999 to
2005 and why the USCF is losing $241,262 so far this year. Nobody is
accusing those previous boards of illegality, just of incompetence.

I question whether is is wise to turn over all this money to the
incoming Polgar Board.

Old March 14th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasychess
It's also nice to see you've admitted defeat.
As for your main point though, how can they do any worse if you say we
have lost $241,262 so far this year?

Chris Bird
That is "so far". The best is yet to come!

But seriously, Bill Hall says that we will make it all back and break
even by the end of the year.

Bill Goichberg and Joel Channing agree.

And, of course, they would never lie.

Old March 14th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Like a chimp, Sloan slings his feces

Sam is getting desperate and is letting the feces
fly.

I'd vote for a tree stump if it was running against
Sloan. I'm renewing my memberships, just so I can
vote for the Polgar slate and I'm encouraging every
USCF member that I know to do the same. All I have to
do to convince them that Sloan sucks is point them to
his website and a few choice URL's.

I love his choice of words:

"I question whether is is wise to turn over all this money
to the incoming Polgar Board."

Did they win already????

oups.com...

Old March 14th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

On Mar 13, 8:11 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
We are facing a very serious threat from the Polgar Gang. They are
obviously looking at the $3.2 million in annual revenues the USCF
receives.

The first thing they will probably do when they get elected is grab
the last $420,000 cash that remains in the LMA account. That is the
only real cash the USCF has left.

Please note I am not accusing them of planning anything illegal. All
they have to do is do what several previous boards did, which is
squander the money. That is why the USCF lost $2 million from 1999 to
2005 and why the USCF is losing $241,262 so far this year. Nobody is
accusing those previous boards of illegality, just of incompetence.

I question whether is is wise to turn over all this money to the
incoming Polgar Board.

Sam Sloan

Oh, my goodness. I lied.

The actual figure is minus $241,682.

Take a look for yourself at
http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/P&...ent-Jan-07.pdf

Sorry for the $420 error.

Old March 14th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
We are facing a very serious
threat from the Polgar Gang. They are obviously looking at the $3.2
million in annual revenues the USCF receives.

The first thing they will probably do when they get elected is grab
the last $420,000 cash that remains in the LMA account. That is the
only real cash the USCF has left.

Sam Sloan
Talk about a falsehood! First, I am the only member of the "Polgar
Gang" who has served on the Executive Board, and in that year, we had
a large surplus, and less than half of it was because of the sale of
the USCF building. Second, there is not a shred of evidence to
suggest that "they" are "obviously looking at the $3.2 million in
annual revenues the USCF receives." This is a typical Sam Sloan claim
that has NO evidentiary backing.

In fact, I have never sought a dime of reimbursement from the USCF for
my Board service - something Sam Sloan cannot claim. His is nothing
more than character assassination aimed at me, and it is false and
repugnant. He should provide evidence or be sanctioned for these
false claims.
What many of us do not understand is why do you continue to associate
yourself with the Polgar Gang. You are the only Gang Member who has
any known qualifications to be on the board. You would stand a good
chance of being elected if you ran independently of them. Truong and
Korenman would have no chance, none whatever, of being elected without
the support of Polgar, so their motivations are obvious. However, in
all likelihood, Polgar will drag you down, not help you.

Old March 16th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

I lied.

Sam Sloan