Old March 14th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Default The Polgar Gang

We are facing a very serious threat from the Polgar Gang. They are
obviously looking at the $3.2 million in annual revenues the USCF
receives.

The first thing they will probably do when they get elected is grab
the last $420,000 cash that remains in the LMA account. That is the
only real cash the USCF has left.

Please note I am not accusing them of planning anything illegal. All
they have to do is do what several previous boards did, which is
squander the money. That is why the USCF lost $2 million from 1999 to
2005 and why the USCF is losing $241,262 so far this year. Nobody is
accusing those previous boards of illegality, just of incompetence.

I question whether is is wise to turn over all this money to the
incoming Polgar Board.

Old March 14th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessPromotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
We are facing a very serious
threat from the Polgar Gang. They are obviously looking at the $3.2
million in annual revenues the USCF receives.

The first thing they will probably do when they get elected is grab
the last $420,000 cash that remains in the LMA account. That is the
only real cash the USCF has left.

Please note I am not accusing them of planning anything illegal. All
they have to do is do what several previous boards did, which is
squander the money. That is why the USCF lost $2 million from 1999 to
2005 and why the USCF is losing $241,262 so far this year. Nobody is
accusing those previous boards of illegality, just of incompetence.

I question whether is is wise to turn over all this money to the
incoming Polgar Board.

Sam Sloan
Moderators? Forums Oversight Committee? What does it take for one
to be sanctioned?
Mr. Truong, exactly what is your objection to this posting?

After all, I did not use any cuss words, nor did I accuse you of
anything illegal.

So, what is your complaint?

Old March 14th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

On 13 Mar 2007 17:35:43 -0700, "samsloan" wrote:

So, what is your complaint?

since you've asked

there is not much novum in these threads sammyke'm and they
have nothing to do with hungarian society and/or culture, perhaps you
might consider dropping the last group for now
Old March 14th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

On Mar 13, 8:55 pm, wrote:
On 13 Mar 2007 17:35:43 -0700, "samsloan" wrote:

So, what is your complaint?

since you've asked

there is not much novum in these threads sammyke'm and they
have nothing to do with hungarian society and/or culture, perhaps you
might consider dropping the last group for now

Does this mean that Hungary is willing to take her back?

Are you sure?

Old March 14th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 13, 7:55 pm, wrote:
On 13 Mar 2007 17:35:43 -0700, "samsloan" wrote:

So, what is your complaint?

since you've asked

there is not much novum in these threads sammyke'm and they
have nothing to do with hungarian society and/or culture, perhaps you
might consider dropping the last group for now

This is a dirty specious comment made by Mr. Sloan.It indirectly calls
each member of the "Polgar Ticket" thieves! I have met all but one of
the canidates personally .( Mr. Bauer) and spent many hours discussing
what ails the USCF and what opportunities may have been missed. I can
say without equivocation that none of them ever mentioned anything
remotely like they wanted personal gain from the USCF. It was always
about how to help Kids, chess and the USCF.. in that order. And what
is wrong with placing our kids welfare ahead of ourselves and an
organization? NONE.

Dr. Korenman is a gentleman and a brilliant man; Susan Polgar is a
lady ogf the highest calibre; Paul Truong is like the "James Brown" of
chess( he's the hardest working man in chess biz!) Randy Bauer is of
honest midwestern stock and is as honest and reliable as a Timex
watch! Paul wants what is best for chess and our children. He is a
tireless advocate for doing the right thing and will not back down
when faced with adversity.

Those of us who yearn for the civility that the etiquite of chess once
dememded cannot help but find these canidates attractive. They
represent what was once the USCF's highest ideals and if there is ever
any hope of this organization to survive they are it's ;ast best
chance. If they cannot save it then it's best we just let the USCF die
a quiet and peaceful death and spend our time and effort elsewhere.

Rob

Old March 14th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

On 13 Mar 2007 18:22:20 -0700, "samsloan" wrote:

Does this mean that Hungary is willing to take her back?

Are you sure?

no doubt
Old March 14th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 13, 9:29 pm, "Rob" wrote:
On Mar 13, 7:55 pm, wrote:

[...]

If you really believe all that then I have a bridge to sell you.

Remember, I have known Polgar and Truong for more than twenty years.
You have known them for a few months.

Old March 14th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.magyar

Oh, my goodness. I lied.

The actual figure is minus $241,682.

Take a look for yourself at
http://www.uschess.org/org/govern/P&...ent-Jan-07.pdf

Sorry for the $420 error.

Old March 14th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Mar 13, 10:55 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
On Mar 13, 9:29 pm, "Rob" wrote:

On Mar 13, 7:55 pm, wrote:

[...]

A bridge too far, perhaps?

Old March 14th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 13, 9:29 pm, "Rob" wrote:

On Mar 13, 7:55 pm, wrote:

[...]

Please remember that Rob Mitchell just joined these groups a few
months. Nobody yet has even met him. He certainly has no experience in
dealing with Paul Truong.

If he knew anything about Paul Truong, he would know that Truong's
constant pleas to "Save the Children" is utter hogwash. If Truong
wants to save the children, it is only so that the children can give
him more money.