Old March 21st 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Joel Channing Threatens to Shut Down the USCF Forums Unless the Forum Members Behave Better

Joel Channing Threatens to Shut Down the USCF Forums Unless the Forum
Members Behave Better

Joel Channing wrote:

Don Schultz and I (and I believe a majority of the Board) are
committed to getting it right or declaring it a failed experiment in
civil discourse and shutting it down. We're trying to have free and
civil discourse. I have to admit that so far it looks like we may not
be capable of it, but you must remember that we don't have the freedom
of action to censor anything we want like you have in Susan's blog. We
have to talk the talk and walk the walk.

Joel

Then, as a joke, Joel Channing added:

Bill Hall, Mike Nolan, Joseph Nanna, Mike Carr, Randy Bauer, Frank
Camaratta, Grant Perks, Chuck Unruh and I have all conspired to
embezzle the $300,000 or so that we should have in our bank account
soon and take off for Djibouti, where $33,000 apiece should enable us
to live like kings for a few months. We haven't thought far beyond
that, but, as my rating is so low, it's about as far ahead as I can
think.

Joel Channing

Old March 21st 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Sam Sloan is gasping for air

Sloan is gasping for air.

Old March 21st 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" writes:
Don Schultz and I (and I believe a majority of the Board) are
committed to getting it right or declaring it a failed experiment in
civil discourse and shutting it down.

What's wrong with shutting it down? I always liked Usenet better.
Old March 22nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mar 21, 7:09 pm, Paul Rubin wrote:
"samsloan" writes:
Don Schultz and I (and I believe a majority of the Board) are
committed to getting it right or declaring it a failed experiment in
civil discourse and shutting it down.

What's wrong with shutting it down? I always liked Usenet better.

The big advantage to the USCF Forums is that the Fake Sam Sloan cannot
go there.

As a result, all the big action has moved over to the USCF Forums, and
all that it is left here are the non-members, the fakes, and the
frauds.

Old March 22nd 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" writes:
Don Schultz and I (and I believe a majority of the Board) are
committed to getting it right or declaring it a failed experiment in
civil discourse and shutting it down.

What's wrong with shutting it down? I always liked Usenet better.

The big advantage to the USCF Forums is that the Fake Sam Sloan cannot
go there.

As a result, all the big action has moved over to the USCF Forums, and
all that it is left here are the non-members, the fakes, and the
frauds.

Sam Sloan

which was probably one of the fake Sam's goals.

Old March 22nd 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.seduction.fast

Join the real Chess Forum, where the USCF cannot engage in censorship, and
where trolls like Good Moves and Judgmental cannot participate!

Get out of the troll-infested usenet, and join the Chess Forums Uncensored!

You can finally engage in some real discussions without fear of trolls,
spammers, or the USCF!!

Old March 22nd 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.seduction.fast

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:11:03 GMT, "Bornnatural" wrote:

OT for seduction, besides, you just don't get it. You can not have a
free-for-all forum. Netkooks will drive away all the good people which
leaves nothing but trash and spam.
I can't understand why you think your disruptive behavior should be
tolerated by others. Let me go to that forum you made that no one posts to
and let me act like you and see how long it is before you ban me.

BN

I don't think you can do that. If my research was right, Guido said he
was self-censored from his non-censored forum, as were any discussions
about him anybody might try to post on his non-censored forum.

What a crock of crap.

Thom E. Geiger, Domain Name Owner
ChewOnThis.Org
(the Official GRP NewsLoon tracking website)
Ray-Gordon.com
Ray-Gordon.net
Newsloon.com

Don't buy anything from any business trying to use SLAPP lawsuits to
stop criticism of the company, owners, officers or products.

Guido Gump Parker blames a baseball bat death threat on his own mother, Penny "Skull Crusher" Parker:
The "baseball bat" remark was made by my mom in response to a gymnastics
groupie who harassed half of the national team, with help from several chat
hosts and gymnastics coaches and hackers.

Old March 22nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.seduction.fast

Default moderated forum

Sanny Squares wrote:

Join the real Chess Forum, where the USCF cannot engage in censorship, and
where trolls like Good Moves and Judgmental cannot participate!

Get out of the troll-infested usenet, and join the Chess Forums Uncensored!

You can finally engage in some real discussions without fear of trolls,
spammers, or the USCF!!

Now that's funny, I give you five points.

I think you got Ray's patter down very well.
Old March 22nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.seduction.fast

"Paul Robinson" wrote in message
.. .
Sanny Squares wrote:

Join the real Chess Forum, where the USCF cannot engage in censorship,
and
where trolls like Good Moves and Judgmental cannot participate!

Get out of the troll-infested usenet, and join the Chess Forums
Uncensored!

You can finally engage in some real discussions without fear of trolls,
spammers, or the USCF!!

Now that's funny, I give you five points.

I think you got Ray's patter down very well.

Well looks like another place where you know who is banned.....snicker.

BN

Old March 22nd 07, 08:37 PM posted to alt.chess,alt.seduction.fast,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote in message
I think they made a big error in moderating you from the beginning. I
think
they should have let get on long enough to be a jerk and then throw you
off
for cause. That way there is no argument, you would not be just
moderated,
but banished for cause. I think they should let you on the forum now,
until
you make an ass out of yourself. That way you can't whine about being
excluded, and it would cut the ground out from under your K00ks00t. If
they
give you enough rope, you will hang yourself, it's just in your makeup.

He would make it about 3 days before the users would light the torches.

BN