Old March 24th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Scholastic Council response to the Executive Board's Sam Sloan Censure Motion

At 08:42 PM 3/21/2007 -0500, Mike Nietman wrote:

Beatriz,

The Scholastic Council requests that the following motion be read into the Executive Board minutes as soon as possible.

"The Scholastic Council unanimously concurs with the Executive Board censure motion of Sam Sloan based on his Tuesday, March 6, 2007 posting on the USCF Forum."

In addition, we plan to disseminate our motion with the text of the EB's motion to the State Scholastic Coordinators shortly.

Thank you,

Mike

Dear Mr. Nietman,

I strenuously object. It is not me that should be censured or
sanctioned. Rather it is Mr. Goichberg and Mr. Channing for continuing
to negotiate deals with the Seattle Chess Foundation and for
continuing to beg for their money that should be censured. Mr.
Goichberg and Mr. Channing should use their position of influence to
convince the Seattle Chess foundation to clean up their website.
Instead, they cover up their own inaction by criticizing me for
pointing out in a dramatic way the problem.

It is the obligation of the Seattle Chess Foundation to clear up their
own website. As the sponsor of the US Championship and numerous
scholastic chess events, they have the obligation to the USCF and to
the players and the children to keep their own website clean.

I assume that their website got the way it is by an errant or possibly
fired employee who took the password with him and put a lot of junk on
the website. This is the same website that in the past announced the
US Chess Championship and numerous scholastic events. Now doubt many
children and their parents are still checking that website from time
to time for the latest chess news or announcements of coming
tournaments.

In any case, the Seattle Chess Foundation has the legal means to
remove the junk from their website. Neither I nor anybody else at the
USCF can do anything about this problem. Only they can.

Your announcement does not even mention that it is the Seattle Chess
Foundation website that is the subject of this matter. Therefore,
anybody reading this will not know what is involved here.

A similar case happened a few years ago when porn appeared on a hidden
page of the Walt Disney website. Walt Disney took immediate action,
identifying the employee and firing him and removing the porn. This
became a major news item and nobody was criticized for citing or
referring to the page that contained the porn.

That is what should happen here. You should criticize the Seattle
Chess Foundation, a 501c3 corporation, for allowing porn on their
website, instead of sanctioning me. Mr. Goichberg and Mr. Channing are
so anxious to get some money from the Seattle Chess foundation that
they do not want to bring up the issue of the website. Instead, they
are censuring me to cover up the problem.

Old March 24th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Sloan thinks it's OK to introduce porn to children

You're a scumbag. Schultz will make sure you'll never be elected
again. You're done asshole. Go **** your boyfriends and leave Schultz
and Channing alone. Only scumbags like Brian Lafferty, ESQ, David
Quinn and Hal Bogner of ChessMagnetSchool.com would defend and asshole
like you.

Vote for Schultz to clean you out.