Old March 26th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Don Schultz formed a new slate

My friend Don Schultz has formed a new slate to counter the SP slate.
Slate members a

- Don Schultz
- Joe Lux
- Stephen Jones
- Jim Berry

This is the slate that will save the USCF from Sam Sloan. Vote for
them!

My job is to attack SP and her slate so Don and his slate can win.

Old March 26th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

On Mar 25, 7:37 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
My friend Don Schultz has formed a new slate to counter the SP slate.
Slate members a

- Don Schultz
- Joe Lux
- Stephen Jones
- Jim Berry

This is the slate that will save the USCF from Sam Sloan. Vote for
them!

My job is to attack SP and her slate so Don and his slate can win.

Sam Sloan

The above posting was by the Fake Sam Sloan, not by me.

When I first saw it I thought it was nonsense. However, now I am not
so sure.

Nothing posted by the Fake Sam Sloan can be completely discounted.
Although we did not know for sure who he is, we do know that he often
has inside information. For example, he posted to this forum that
Goichberg was making a $50,000 deal with Jim and Frank Berry one week
before anybody elose knew about it.

Although I think it is bad strategy to form slates, this one might be
successful if it can be backed up with money and mailings. For
example, a letter to all 45,000 USCF members telling them to vote for
Schultz, Berry, Jones and Lux might carry the day and be sufficient to
overcome the feared Polgar Slate of Polgar, Truong, Korenman and
Bauer.

Just about nobody among long term members of the USCF supports the
Polgar slate. Some insiders support Polgar but only because they feel
that she is sure to win and they want to be on record as having
supported the winner. They feel that there is little harm she can do
to the federation if only she is elected and the rest of her team is
defeated. Best of all, if only she is elected and Truong is defeated,
she might not even serve!

The unknown factor about the Polgar slate is how many stupid people
will vote for her. New members who know nothing about Polgar, her
background and her history but who see her picture blasted all over
every issue of Chess Life magazine will probably vote for her because
of her "star power". Will "star power" be enough to carry a USCF
election? Nobody knows the answer to that question.

In my opinion, the Polgar slate will not win. I do not believe that
the general USCF membership is quite that stupid. However, Susan
herself might be elected. Others disagree, saying that her election is
a foregone conclusion, so we might as well lay down and enjoy it!

So, the Schultz slate, if it exists and if it has money, most likely
money from Jim Berry to do mass mailings, might be successful.

Tune in for more news on this interesting possible development.