Old April 5th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The Award for "Shining Light on the USCF 2007"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPraeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Randy Bauer
10320372
Post:38295

.... I would be interested in [the opinions of Dr. Leroy Dubeck, Dr.
Tim
Redman , E. Steven Doyle, and Beatriz Marinello] about who they might
be supporting. ...
In view of this comment, I thought the
posts,
31374 and 31413, might be of interest.
Louis,

Thank you. So, if I understand you correctly, can you help clarify how
you think what Joe said as well as what Bill heard about the reason
behind what some consider a joke award, helps address Randy's question
about who these past USCF presidents may support in the current
election?

Regards,
Wayne Praeder
Bill Goichberg was severely critical of the group that had presented
me with the award for "Shining Light on the United States Chess
Federation 2007". Goichberg arrived just a few minutes after I had
been given the award and he angrily went around complaining about it.
I suspect that whomever told him that it was a "joke" did so to
deflect criticism from Goichberg.

There were about one thousand people present in the audience when I
was presented with this plaque. I doubt that any of them considered it
to be a joke.

I clearly deserved the award. In the eight months that I have been on
the board, I have exposed more insider secrets than probably anybody
in the history of the USCF. Bill Goichberg may not like it but I
believe that the general membership applauds.

Sam Sloan

PS Learn how to spell Marinello. I have corrected the spelling of her
name.

Old April 16th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 5 Apr, 06:25, "samsloan" wrote:
[...]

I deserve this award.