Old April 12th 07, 08:51 AM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam

Default Hoainhan "Paul" Truong and the Last Helicopter out of Vietnam

Hoainhan "Paul" Truong is running as a candidate for election to the
Executive Board of the United States Chess Federation. He has made all
kinds of fantastic claims about himself and his business background.
He claims that he has been hired by billion dollar companies to save
them, and he has done so. However, he has never provided any
verifiable information about these claims, such as the names of the
companies that he saved or the people that he worked with or was
associated with during his business experience, or even what kind of
business he was in.

He also makes a lot of claims about his prior life in Vietnam before
he came to America. None of these claims can be verified either. For
example he says that he won the chess championship of Vietnam when he
was eight years old, that he won the chess championship of Vietnam
five times and that in 1971 he represented Vietnam in an international
chess tournament in Manila, Philippines. He says that he later escaped
as a boat person out of Vietnam.

However, today Paul Truong has made a new, even more fantastic claim.
He claims that he was inside the US Embassy Compound and he could have
taken the last helicopter out of Vietnam, but declined a seat on the
helicopter out of loyalty to his family.

The Fall of Saigon and the Last Helicopter out of Vietnam is one of
the most documented events in history, with newsreel coverage. Is
there no way that we can verify whether this latest story is true or
not? Here is what Paul Truong wrote about this today:

"I was at the US Embassy at the time of the last helicopter. Even
though my father worked for the US Embassy, we could not get in due to
the chaos. I finally made it through the gates but my mother, father
and less than 2 year old brother were stuck outside. They shouted at
me to get on the helicopter. But I decided not to abandon my family.
If we die, we would die as a family.

"I was stuck under the Communist regime for 4 years. My father was
hiding for those 4 years. If they caught him, they would have executed
him on the spot. I was the oldest son at 9 and I had to do what I can
for my family.

"My father and I finally escaped on the 4th anniversary of the fall of
Saigon. We left at 2 AM and they came to arrest my father and to take
me to the military at 6 AM due to a tip from an informant. They missed
us by 4 hours. I was 13. My classmates were not so lucky. They were
either drafted and died in the war or died trying to escape.

"During our escape as boat people, I had to witness women and young
girls being raped by Thai pirates over and over again. They killed
anyone who resisted. They raped and killed them in front of their
families.

"I have agreed to be interviewed for a major project about Vietnam. It
should take place in the next few months."

Old April 14th 07, 05:16 PM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam
ww ww is offline

People occasionally posted messages on the net making allegations
about other people, who could not defend themselves.

You should start by verifying your claims.

He claims that he was inside the US Embassy Compound and he could have taken the last helicopter out of Vietnam, but declined a seat on the helicopter out of loyalty to his family..."I was at the US Embassy at the time of the last helicopter. I finally made it through the gates but my mother, father and less than 2 year old brother were stuck outside. They shouted at

me to get on the helicopter. But I decided not to abandon my
family...My father and I finally escaped on the 4th anniversary of the
fall of Saigon. I was 13.. "

Tru*o*ng's claim is plausible. He was 9, inside the gate, in a very
chaotic environment w/ strangers... Even his family wanted him to get
on the helicopter, that 9 years old kid decided to stay with his
family, instead. How many 9 years old do you know would choose to do
otherwise?

Old April 14th 07, 08:40 PM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 14, 11:16 am, "ww" wrote:
[...]

This is simply another attempt to discredit a hard working
professional that Mr. Sloan see as a threat.

Old April 14th 07, 08:56 PM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam

On Apr 14, 3:40 pm, "Rob" wrote:
On Apr 14, 11:16 am, "ww" wrote:

[...]

But what is he a hard working professional at??

The World wants to know

Extortion?

Old April 14th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 14, 1:56 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
On Apr 14, 3:40 pm, "Rob" wrote:

On Apr 14, 11:16 am, "ww" wrote:

[...]

Extortion?- Hide quoted text -

I know, Sam. Why don't you?
Why do you place pornography on your website and then claim you want
to help children? What do you want to help children do? I might
suggest that before you cast stone that you first make sure that your
home is not made of glass.

Old April 15th 07, 03:44 AM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam

By the way he also is a heck of a table tennis player too. As for the
story of Vietnam from Paul, your hearing the mellow side of his life
there and what he has seen and posting it in the NG.

EZoto
Old April 15th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Why do you place pornography on your website and then claim you want to help children?

Um, what does placing pornography on one's web site have to do with
the desire to help children? Are you suggesting that people who enjoy
pornography are somehow incapable of helping children?

Or are you just counting on the good old puritan knee-jerk reaction to
the word "pornography" in our culture to score some cheap points?
What's next, he burns flags? Or drinks on Sundays?

I'd cover your blue nose, chuckles...it's not helping your case.

TMB

Old April 15th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 14, 9:26 pm, "The Masked Bishop" wrote:
Why do you place pornography on your website and then claim you want to help children?

Um, what does placing pornography on one's web site have to do with
the desire to help children? Are you suggesting that people who enjoy
pornography are somehow incapable of helping children?

Or are you just counting on the good old puritan knee-jerk reaction to
the word "pornography" in our culture to score some cheap points?
What's next, he burns flags? Or drinks on Sundays?

I'd cover your blue nose, chuckles...it's not helping your case.

TMB

Actually my nose is red and my names isn't chuckles , Sparky. I was
mearly demonstrating his tactics. Paul wouldn't attempt to defend such
an obviously jealous line of questioning. Why do you rush to defend
Sams pornography? Whats behind the mask?

Old April 15th 07, 05:22 PM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam

On Apr 14, 12:16 pm, "ww" wrote:
[...]

It is of course possible that Paul Troung was inside the US Embassy
Compound and refused a seat on the last helicopter out of Vietnam on
April 30, 1975. Somebody had to be there. Why not Paul Truong?

http://www.mishalov.com/Vietnam_finalescape.html

However, that coupled with all of the other fantastic claims that Paul
Truong has made leads one to doubt that any of it is true.

Paul Truong also claims that he competed in an International Youth
Chess Competition in Manila, Philippines representing VietNam in 1975.
This seems to conflict with his claim that he refused a seat on the
last helicopter.

Then Paul says that his father went into hiding for the next four
years, all the while that Paul was winning the national chess
championship of Vietnam four times.

Then Paul and his family escaped on a boat out of Vietnam exactly four
years later. They landed in Malaysia but later the Malaysians forced
them onto another boat and put then out to sea.

Paul then writes a horrifying account about how his boat was attacked
repeatedly by Thai pirates who raped and killed all the women,
throwing their dead bodies overboard. Yet, his own family survived.
These things all happened to people but did they all really happen to
Paul Truong.

Arriving in America as a boat person, Paul Truong almost immediately
lost a tournament chess game to Sam Sloan at the House of Spain
sponsored by Jose Cuchi (Paul claims that he cannot remember the game)
but he went on to great glories, earning a Ph.D. degree he says, but
he will not tell us what the degree is in or what educational
institution awarded him this degree.

Paul then became a financial expert and a marketing expert as well as
a builder on the scale of "Bob the Builder". Billion dollar companies
in trouble have repeatedly come to Paul Truong, hiring him and asking
him how to save them, and he has rescued him.

Although often asked to provide the names and contact numbers for
these billion dollar companies that he has saved, he has failed to do
so, saying that he cannot reveal their confidences.

One wonders how these billion dollar companies knew to hire Paul
Truong when he has failed to produce a client list.

One also wonders why Paul Truong is always demanding money or free ad
space from the impoverished United States Chess Federation when he is
such a wealthy and successful business person.

It is also a curious fact that an Internet search for Paul Truong
under his real name of Hoainhan Truong fails to produce any hits at
all. He seems to have completely disappeared during his fabulously
successful years in business.

So, one is left with the conclusion that all of the claims by Paul
Truong are true, or else none of them are true.

This is a question that the voters will have to decide when they
decide whether to vote or not to vote for Paul Truong in the coming
USCF election.

Old April 15th 07, 05:35 PM posted to soc.culture.vietnamese,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.war.vietnam

On Apr 14, 12:16 pm, "ww" wrote:
[...]

them onto another boat and put them out to sea.