Old April 16th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess further improved !

Hi guys after a long time I am able to give good news that GetClub
Chess has further improved.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Now it will see even those moves which are hidden and difficult to
see.

Beginner Level will play fast but not so good.

Easy Level will give good challenge

Normal Level very strong.

Master will outplay many good players.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 16th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Ron Ron is offline

In article .com,
"Sanny" wrote:

Master will outplay many good players.

Your work on the interface keeps getting worse and worse.

Now the program keeps spawning a window (despite my pop-up blocker)
which asks me to buy games. I can close it, but it pops back up shortly.

It also opens another, uncloseable window.

This is unacceptable, and make the game, as far as I'm concerned,
unplayable.

-Ron
Old April 16th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Ron wrote:
In article .com,

"Sanny" wrote:
Master will outplay many good players.

Your work on the interface keeps getting worse and worse.

He especially needs to get rid of that hideous, idiotic cartoon
character to the left of the board, who repeatedly sticks his tongue
out.
Trying a quick game this morning, I would say the program has
regressed. It was lost after just 4 moves: 1.e4 c5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.Qf3?!
Ne5 4.Bxf7+?? Nxf7 5.d4? cxd4. Virtually as bad as its early days when
it would play things like 1.e4 e6 2.d4 Bd6?! 3.Nf3 Nf6??.

Old April 16th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Ron wrote:
In article .com,

"Sanny" wrote:
Master will outplay many good players.

Your work on the interface keeps getting worse and worse.

Now the program keeps spawning a window (despite my pop-up blocker)
which asks me to buy games. I can close it, but it pops back up shortly.

It also opens another, uncloseable window.

This is unacceptable, and make the game, as far as I'm concerned,
unplayable.

Who do you think you're kidding here?

Everyone knows that the *real* reason you find
the game to be unplayable is the program's utterly
overwhelming strength! After years of countless
"improvements", Sanny's program is likely in the
USCF 4000-5000 rating range. ;D

-- help butt

Old April 16th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 16, 3:46 pm, "Taylor Kingston"
wrote:

Your work on the interface keeps getting worse and worse.

He especially needs to get rid of that hideous, idiotic cartoon
character to the left of the board, who repeatedly sticks his tongue
out.

Um, FYI: I modeled for that caricature; while it's true
that I don't always stick my tongue out during play or
open and close my hands compulsively, I thought it
was a rather accurate approximation overall.

The reason the pic appears where it does is that this
is as close as Sanny's programmers were able to place
the pic to my name and stats, while maintaining the
virtually perfect feng shui of the Web page.

Trying a quick game this morning, I would say the program has
regressed. It was lost after just 4 moves: 1.e4 c5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.Qf3?!
Ne5 4.Bxf7+?? Nxf7 5.d4? cxd4. Virtually as bad as its early days when
it would play things like 1.e4 e6 2.d4 Bd6?! 3.Nf3 Nf6??.

I always wondered how you managed to get so many
wins back then. ;D

-- help bot

Old April 16th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 16, 3:33 pm, "help bot" wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:07 pm, Ron wrote:

After years of countless
"improvements", Sanny's program is likely in the
USCF 4000-5000 rating range.

Just divide by ten and you're close.

Old April 16th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Beginner Level will play fast but not so good.

I started a game at beginner level, with white:

1. e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nc6 3. Bc4

and now by its own timer getclubbed took 40 seconds to come up with
3. ... Nf6.

I am SO impressed.

Old April 17th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Trying a quick game this morning, I would say the program has
regressed. It was lost after just 4 moves: 1.e4 c5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.Qf3?!
Ne5 4.Bxf7+?? Nxf7 5.d4? cxd4. Virtually as bad as its early days when
it would play things like 1.e4 e6 2.d4 Bd6?! 3.Nf3 Nf6??.

You played with Beginner Level, I suppose. Try Easy & Normal Levels
and they will not come under tricks as easily as they used to
earlier.

For you Master Level will be the best to play with. Now they do not
take as much time as they used to earlier but give very good moves.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 17th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

You played with Beginner Level, I suppose. Try Easy & Normal Levels
and they will not come under tricks as easily as they used to
earlier.

For you Master Level will be the best to play with. Now they do not
take as much time as they used to earlier but give very good moves.

Sanny, believe it or not, on a modern computer such
blunders as this should not occur on *any* level, unless
deliberately contrived to emulate the play of a total
patzer. For instance, the move: 4.Bxf7+ immediately
hangs a piece, and the followup: 5.d4 immediately
hangs a pawn. Any chess program which properly
uses the technique of check & capture extensions
will "see" this sort of thing in the blink of an eye, so
it matters not which level one may be playing.

The inevitable conclusion is that you have still failed
to implement this fundamental technique in your chess
program. Is that because you have no idea what I am
talking about, or perhaps your programmers have no
time for researching how to implement this method?

-- help bot

Old April 18th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Bug Removed !!!

The inevitable conclusion is that you have still failed
to implement this fundamental technique in yourchess
program. Is that because you have no idea what I am
talking about, or perhaps your programmers have no
time for researching how to implement this method?

On improvement there was a bug introduced which was later removed. You
have played lots of game you know it doesn't make such silly moves.

Whenever the game is improved a new bug comes in and we have to remove
that Bug also.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Now the Beginner Level plays quite strong moves. I am sure people will
start loosing to the higher levels and soon Normal and Master Level
will increase their Ratings to 1600 or so. Currently their rating is
arround 500/600.

Bye
Sanny