Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old April 16th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

I am hereby suspending Rob Mitchell from posting to the FIDE-chess
Yahoo Group. This group has only one rule which is that everybody who
posts to the group must reveal their real name. The publicly posted
rule states: "This group does not allow anonymous postings or postings
under fake names."

It is obvious from his postings today that "Rob Mitchell" has no
intention of complying with this rule.

I now believe that "Rob Mitchell" is a fake name. I believe that he
selected this name because Rob Mitchell is one of the most common
names with 36 USCF members having the name of either Rob or Robert
Mitchell.

One factor that tipped me off that this is a fake name it the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not post to the USCF Forums although he posts
to every other active chess group. The USCF Forums is the one group
that requires that all members be USCF members. Therefore, the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not go there indicates that he is not a USCF
member.

I know that he will say that I am suspending him because he has been
attacking me lately. This is absolutely not true. Many other posters
have attacked me every day and I have never suspended them. John
Fernandez used to attack me several times a day and people were
surprised when I never suspended him.

In the five years since the FIDE-chess Yahoo group was established on
January 14, 2002, I have only suspended two chess players. One was
Steve of Alabama, now Steve of Tennessee, whom I suspended because he
refused to reveal his last name. Later, when he told me that his name
was Steve Owens, I let him back in even though he attacked me every
day and continues to do so.

The other person I suspended was known for obnoxious and objectionable
postings. There were a tremendous number of complaints about him and
at least one person had left the group because of him. (He was also
the same person who woke up Mike Nolan at 3:00 AM recently.)

In that case, I allowed him to rejoin on a promise of good behavior
and he remains a member of the group to this day.

So, the only two people I have ever suspended have since rejoined the
group and are posting there now.

"Rob Mitchell" too can be reinstated provided that he reveals his real
name and provides verifiable information establishing his identity.

Sam Sloan

  #2   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,980
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On Apr 16, 5:17 pm, "samsloan" wrote:
I am hereby suspending Rob Mitchell from posting to the FIDE-chess
Yahoo Group. This group has only one rule which is that everybody who
posts to the group must reveal their real name. The publicly posted
rule states: "This group does not allow anonymous postings or postings
under fake names."

It is obvious from his postings today that "Rob Mitchell" has no
intention of complying with this rule.

I now believe that "Rob Mitchell" is a fake name. I believe that he
selected this name because Rob Mitchell is one of the most common
names with 36 USCF members having the name of either Rob or Robert
Mitchell.

One factor that tipped me off that this is a fake name it the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not post to the USCF Forums although he posts
to every other active chess group. The USCF Forums is the one group
that requires that all members be USCF members. Therefore, the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not go there indicates that he is not a USCF
member.

I know that he will say that I am suspending him because he has been
attacking me lately. This is absolutely not true. Many other posters
have attacked me every day and I have never suspended them. John
Fernandez used to attack me several times a day and people were
surprised when I never suspended him.

In the five years since the FIDE-chess Yahoo group was established on
January 14, 2002, I have only suspended two chess players. One was
Steve of Alabama, now Steve of Tennessee, whom I suspended because he
refused to reveal his last name. Later, when he told me that his name
was Steve Owens, I let him back in even though he attacked me every
day and continues to do so.

The other person I suspended was known for obnoxious and objectionable
postings. There were a tremendous number of complaints about him and
at least one person had left the group because of him. (He was also
the same person who woke up Mike Nolan at 3:00 AM recently.)

In that case, I allowed him to rejoin on a promise of good behavior
and he remains a member of the group to this day.

So, the only two people I have ever suspended have since rejoined the
group and are posting there now.

"Rob Mitchell" too can be reinstated provided that he reveals his real
name and provides verifiable information establishing his identity.

Sam Sloan


http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FIDE_CHESS/join

You have my address, you have my phone number. We have discussed TV
projects. I have invited you to play email chess with several other
people. This is a farce Sam, or you are mentally losing it!

Here is the new FIDE Chess site!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FIDE_CHESS/join
Rob Mitchell, LUTCF

  #3   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

This, you see, is your problem, your massive egotism cannot stand the
slightest challenge to its need to express, neither can you moderate it.

I can certainly make you famous for this stunt, though I doubt in

any way
you'd like.

You are a coward, Sloan.

Phil Innes


Not true at all. If I was going to suspend him for that reason I would
suspend you too. Of course, I know that Phil Innes is a real person
because I have met you, although few others have.

-----

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE INSINCERE

Few others of your acquaintance? I bet! But I think during this election
season, which has so far lasted 9 months in your case, you suspended Rob
Mitchell for 2 things that you find personally inconvenient.

1) that he has questioned your responsibility under HIPPA, in reporting
medical details of USCF staff, and
2) he has challenged your posture to public decency by way of what you
express at your website

What you state below is in plain contradiction to what others have posted
about knowing who Rob Mitchell is, and you slither away once more from
taking responsibility for your own actions [!] - nevermind acting on behalf
of others, which is a public responsibility in a public office.

Mr. Mitchell did not attack you - he attacked your behavior, and asked if it
was sufficiently decent? What you have done is to seek to eliminate the
question by shooting the messenger - and fatuously with the excuse that you
deny him his own name! pfft ROFL!!!

AN HONESTY TEST

And ignominiously too, which is why I say your behavior is cowardly, Rob
Mitchell actually expended considerable time defending your /work/ at
Wikipedia from destruction - an objective factor which you conveniently
ignore. You will note that this was in praise of good work, and in high
irony, in resentment of destructive censorship.

The fact that he strenuously defended your /work/ and not anything to do
with your personality (which he obviously does not find congenial) is
completely lost on you - since as I wrote above, your ego can't separate the
two, and so lacks considerable discrimination - never mind attending to the
needs of other people, which usually requires rather more than me! me! me!
or blaming others.

This is cheap electioneering on a personality basis, and completely normal
as such, and what inhibits any progress at all at USCF - and rather than my
mentioning more about yourself, I content myself by noticing that the
subject has to do with EVERYONE which is of responsible and decent adult
behavior, and this was Rob Mitchell's topic, and one you eliminate rather
than attend.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE, AGAIN?

It is not even necessary to agree with other people's comments to
acknowledge that they are sincerely held, and that other people express them
because they find it necessary to do so - perceiving that something is
missing? In this instance the subject of public decency in expression is
entirely missing, and a yawning void in all these affairs.

Phil Innes
Vermont
--------

True, Rob Mitchell has become increasingly nasty and abusive of late
and he touched a raw nerve for criticizing a website I created for my
daughter Jessica, but he denied all my requests to reveal his true
identity, so I was left with no choice under the rules but to suspend him.

The rule that posters must reveal their real names has a rational
basis. It keeps out all the riff-raff of Fake Sam Sloans and the like
who just attack people and convert the chess forums into a garbage
dumpster. Most of the good posters have left rec.games.chess.politics
because of all the anonymous or fake-name posters who reside there and
who make no contribution but just attack everybody.

Again, I will reinstate Rob Mitchell any time. All he has to do is
reveal his real name or provide proof that his real name really is Rob
Mitchell.

Sam Sloan



  #4   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On Apr 16, 6:17 pm, "samsloan" wrote:

I now believe that "Rob Mitchell" is a fake name. I believe that he
selected this name because


Um, Mr. Sloan, you seem to be missing one teeny,
tiny little point: no one selects their own birth name;
that is something done by the parents, long before
a chess player even learns to talk.


Rob Mitchell is one of the most common
names with 36 USCF members having the name of either Rob or Robert
Mitchell.


Look: all you have to do screen out anybody who is
a half-decent chess player; that will cut the task of
identifying RM down to size. Next, screen by
geographic location, etc. You can also safely
eliminate anybody who can spell "attack". :D


One factor that tipped me off that this is a fake name it the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not post to the USCF Forums although he posts
to every other active chess group. The USCF Forums is the one group
that requires that all members be USCF members. Therefore, the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not go there indicates that he is not a USCF
member.


Or that he may not be very interested in USCF politics.

I know that he will say that I am suspending him because he has been
attacking me lately. This is absolutely not true. Many other posters
have attacked me every day and I have never suspended them. John
Fernandez used to attack me several times a day and people were
surprised when I never suspended him.

In the five years since the FIDE-chess Yahoo group was established on
January 14, 2002, I have only suspended two chess players. One was
Steve of Alabama, now Steve of Tennessee, whom I suspended because he
refused to reveal his last name.


FYI: it was probably just "Steve", like say, Madonna or Cher
or Raffi.


Later, when he told me that his name
was Steve Owens, I let him back in even though he attacked me every
day and continues to do so.


In the last three years, there has been a strangely odd
number of killings of men named Steve Owen; maybe
the guy you hired is as confused as you are? My dad
(who carried a golden gun) always used to say: "if you
want something done right, do it yourself". (I've been
hunting his killer, a Mr. Bond, ever since.)


The other person I suspended was known for obnoxious and objectionable
postings. There were


*was*

a tremendous number of complaints about him and
at least one person had left the group because of him. (He was also
the same person who woke up Mike Nolan at 3:00 AM recently.)


But it was already 4 am *my* time!

In that case, I allowed him to rejoin on a promise of good behavior
and he remains a member of the group to this day.

So, the only two people I have ever suspended have since rejoined the
group and are posting there now.

"Rob Mitchell" too can be reinstated provided that he reveals his real
name and provides verifiable information establishing his identity.


What a guy! If RM tells you exactly who he is, so you
can track him down, you will then allow him to post until
your man finds him.

-- help bot




  #5   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,980
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On Apr 17, 3:00 pm, help bot wrote:
On Apr 16, 6:17 pm, "samsloan" wrote:

I now believe that "Rob Mitchell" is a fake name. I believe that he
selected this name because


Um, Mr. Sloan, you seem to be missing one teeny,
tiny little point: no one selects their own birth name;
that is something done by the parents, long before
a chess player even learns to talk.

Rob Mitchell is one of the most common
names with 36 USCF members having the name of either Rob or Robert
Mitchell.


Look: all you have to do screen out anybody who is
a half-decent chess player; that will cut the task of
identifying RM down to size. Next, screen by
geographic location, etc. You can also safely
eliminate anybody who can spell "attack". :D

One factor that tipped me off that this is a fake name it the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not post to the USCF Forums although he posts
to every other active chess group. The USCF Forums is the one group
that requires that all members be USCF members. Therefore, the fact
that Rob Mitchell does not go there indicates that he is not a USCF
member.


Or that he may not be very interested in USCF politics.

I know that he will say that I am suspending him because he has been
attacking me lately. This is absolutely not true. Many other posters
have attacked me every day and I have never suspended them. John
Fernandez used to attack me several times a day and people were
surprised when I never suspended him.


In the five years since the FIDE-chess Yahoo group was established on
January 14, 2002, I have only suspended two chess players. One was
Steve of Alabama, now Steve of Tennessee, whom I suspended because he
refused to reveal his last name.


FYI: it was probably just "Steve", like say, Madonna or Cher
or Raffi.

Later, when he told me that his name
was Steve Owens, I let him back in even though he attacked me every
day and continues to do so.


In the last three years, there has been a strangely odd
number of killings of men named Steve Owen; maybe
the guy you hired is as confused as you are? My dad
(who carried a golden gun) always used to say: "if you
want something done right, do it yourself". (I've been
hunting his killer, a Mr. Bond, ever since.)

The other person I suspended was known for obnoxious and objectionable
postings. There were


*was*

a tremendous number of complaints about him and
at least one person had left the group because of him. (He was also
the same person who woke up Mike Nolan at 3:00 AM recently.)


But it was already 4 am *my* time!

In that case, I allowed him to rejoin on a promise of good behavior
and he remains a member of the group to this day.


So, the only two people I have ever suspended have since rejoined the
group and are posting there now.


"Rob Mitchell" too can be reinstated provided that he reveals his real
name and provides verifiable information establishing his identity.


What a guy! If RM tells you exactly who he is, so you
can track him down, you will then allow him to post until
your man finds him.

-- help bot


Bot
This is all so odd. If he ever bothered to check his own emails he HAS
my cell phone number! He HAS my email address. He KNOWS what State I
live in and should know the city as I was at a SUPERNATIONALS ans was
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of CHESSMASTERMINDS.
Senile dementia is a horrible disease. Does Sam suffer from it or do
we just suffer SAM?



  #6   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

--- In , "muskraattt" [email protected]
wrote:

www.mp3.com.au/robmitchell

I suppose that your point is that there is a talented singer/
songwriter named Rob Mitchell who has performed live at the world
famous "Bluebird Cafe'" in Nashville.

Are you suggesting that the singer/songwriter Rob Mitchell is the same
person chess Internet gadfly Rob Mitchell?

If you search the MSA at http://www.uschess.org/msa/ you will see that
there are 36 present or former USCF members named Rob or Robert
Mitchell.

I simply asked Rob Mitchell to provide his USCF ID number so that I
can tell which Rob Mitchell he is or, if he has never been a USCF
number and therefore does not have a USCF ID number, he should say so.

He has refused to answer this perfectly reasonable question. Instead
he has gone on a tizzy with a plethora of attacks on me and on the
USCF.

This only convinces me that I did the right thing by suspending him.

Sam Sloan

  #7   Report Post  
Old April 17th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group


I suppose that your point

**whose? - the person you banned from reading this [duh!] ? what point?
indecent public expression?

is that there is a talented

singer/songwriter named Rob Mitchell who has performed live at the
world famous "Bluebird Cafe'" in Nashville.

**you 'suppose' that, do you?

Are you suggesting that the singer/songwriter Rob Mitchell is the same
person chess Internet gadfly Rob Mitchell?

**Sloan-the-coward supposes the person who identified himself is in fact
himself. He chucks in 'gadfly', I wonder why?

If you search the MSA at http://www.uschess.org/msa/ you will see that
there are 36 present or former USCF members named Rob or Robert Mitchell.

I simply asked Rob Mitchell to provide his USCF ID number so that I
can tell which Rob Mitchell he is or, if he has never been a USCF
number and therefore does not have a USCF ID number, he should say so.

**that's reasonable! so many Rob Mitchell's write here there is massive
confusion among the readers - it is frequently noted by other writers that
all these Rob Mitchell's confuse them.

He has refused to answer this perfectly reasonable question.

**Perfectly reasonable! That's what we say in group: My name is Phil Innes
and I am a paranoid.

Instead
he has gone in a tizzy with a plethora of attacks on me and on the USCF.

**'Attacked' meaning questioned, in this instance, Sam Sloan's actual
behavior, defended him against Louis Blair's behavior - in short, a
discriminating behavior to other than Sam Sloan's ego, which is the only
subject Sam Sloan admits, while he trivialises and diminishes anything else.
Cowardly Sloan strikes again! How he wailed when this was done to him at
USCF's forum. HOW he wailed!

This only convinces me that I did the right thing by suspending him.

**Sure, as I mentioned before, I intend to make you quite famous,
pre-election, for these perfectly reasonable attitudes you profess to hold
while contrasting them with what you actually do.

**There was some thought that you might open up issues which should never
have been closed, and which become poisonous if shut up, but we see these
are merely matters of expedient expression, and resolve around no matter of
public interest, but your own ambition at the expense of such interest.

Phil Innes
--------


Sam Sloan


  #8   Report Post  
Old April 18th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,980
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On Apr 17, 4:32 pm, samsloan wrote:
--- In , "muskraattt" [email protected]
wrote:

www.mp3.com.au/robmitchell


I suppose that your point is that there is a talented singer/
songwriter named Rob Mitchell who has performed live at the world
famous "Bluebird Cafe'" in Nashville.



Yes, I am that talented singer/songwriter.

Are you suggesting that the singer/songwriter Rob Mitchell is the same


person chess Internet gadfly Rob Mitchell?



You are the gadfly Sam.
If you search the MSA athttp://www.uschess.org/msa/you will see that
there are 36 present or former USCF members named Rob or Robert
Mitchell.


There are only TWO Rob Mitchells. ROB ROB ROB... Not ROBERT. If it had
been Robert or Bob I would have said Robert or BOB. I dont have to
change my name to Mohammed or Ismail to come to terms with my self
identity.


I simply asked Rob Mitchell to provide his USCF ID number so that I
can tell which Rob Mitchell he is or, if he has never been a USCF
number and therefore does not have a USCF ID number, he should say so.
He has refused to answer this perfectly reasonable question. Instead

he has gone on a tizzy with a plethora of attacks on me and on the
USCF.


If you can open the msa and see there are only two listings for a Rob
Mitchell you should be able to figure it out. I am not responsible for
your inabilities.

This only convinces me that I did the right thing by suspending him.



Why wont you take my invitation to a game? Are you afraid of playing
badly?
Sam Sloan



  #9   Report Post  
Old April 18th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 3,390
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On 17 Apr 2007 14:32:45 -0700, samsloan wrote:

--- In , "muskraattt" [email protected]
wrote:

www.mp3.com.au/robmitchell


I suppose that your point is that there is a talented singer/
songwriter named Rob Mitchell who has performed live at the world
famous "Bluebird Cafe'" in Nashville.


Are you suggesting that the singer/songwriter Rob Mitchell is the same
person chess Internet gadfly Rob Mitchell?


As I recall, Rob mentioned this other avocation soon after he started
posting here a couple years ago. Give it up, Sam. He exists and is
who he says he is.
  #10   Report Post  
Old April 18th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 1,980
Default I am hereby suspending "Rob Mitchell" from posting to the FIDE-chess Yahoo Group

On Apr 17, 7:48 pm, Mike Murray wrote:
On 17 Apr 2007 14:32:45 -0700, samsloan wrote:

--- In , "muskraattt" [email protected]
wrote:


www.mp3.com.au/robmitchell

I suppose that your point is that there is a talented singer/
songwriter named Rob Mitchell who has performed live at the world
famous "Bluebird Cafe'" in Nashville.
Are you suggesting that the singer/songwriter Rob Mitchell is the same
person chess Internet gadfly Rob Mitchell?


As I recall, Rob mentioned this other avocation soon after he started
posting here a couple years ago. Give it up, Sam. He exists and is
who he says he is.


Thanks Mike. You also found my sailboat "Prozac" LOL
:-)

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member Earl rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 6 October 17th 06 01:55 PM
Deleted BINFO 200603590 [email protected] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 13 October 13th 06 04:40 AM
How to get good at chess? inquisitor rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 33 August 24th 06 11:02 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 February 19th 06 05:44 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 October 19th 05 05:37 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017