Old April 21st 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Is the Chess Strength enough?

Currently Beginner level at GetClub.com plays moves in 4-8 seconds
while it is easy to beat it.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Should I increase the depth of Begineer Level So that it thinks for
30-40 seconds but plays stronger moves?

What do players like a stronger game or a quick game?

I think those who want higher level strong games can login to play
higher levels. While thiose who want to play just Beginner level, No
need to Login.

I want to know what you favour quick game or a Stronger game?

You can play with Easy Level and Normal Level if you are looking for
stronger games. They take about 1-2 minute per move.

If you are very strong then try Master Level.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 21st 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Ron Ron is offline

In article . com,
Sanny wrote:

Should I increase the depth of Begineer Level So that it thinks for
30-40 seconds but plays stronger moves?

What do players like a stronger game or a quick game?

Both, duh.

Your program is both unacceptably slow and unacceptably weak. You need
to fix both.

Oh, yeah, and fix the interface problems, too. Spawning constant pop-up
windows? Not cool.
Old April 22nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:
Currently Beginner level at GetClub.com plays moves in 4-8 seconds

FALSE. It plays at that speed in the beginning, but I'm playing a game
right now and it is taking an average of 100 seconds per move in the
late middlegame.

while it is easy to beat it.

Well, that's true enough - it's down a rook in a dead lost position.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Should I increase the depth of Begineer Level So that it thinks for
30-40 seconds but plays stronger moves?

Only if you advertise "Beginner level: 30-40 seconds per move".

But first, you'll have to speed it up so that it can move that quickly.
right now, it doesn't.

Saying "30-40 seconds" will be LESS of a lie, but it will still be a lie.

What do players like a stronger game or a quick game?

We want truth in advertising.

I think those who want higher level strong games can login to play
higher levels. While thiose who want to play just Beginner level, No
need to Login.

I want to know what you favour quick game or a Stronger game?

We want trugh in advertising.

You can play with Easy Level and Normal Level if you are looking for
stronger games. They take about 1-2 minute per move.

I hope you will forgive me if I don't believe you. Nothing else you
have ever said here has turned out to be true.

If you are very strong then try Master Level.

If I want strong, I can play Fritz.

Bye
Sanny

Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
Old April 22nd 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 21, 11:54 pm, Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Sanny wrote:
Currently Beginner level at GetClub.com plays moves in 4-8 seconds

FALSE. It plays at that speed in the beginning, but I'm playing a game
right now and it is taking an average of 100 seconds per move in the
late middlegame.

When weak players face one another, it is almost
inevitable that the game will last a long time, as
neither has the know-how to finish up efficiently.

while it is easy to beat it.

Well, that's true enough - it's down a rook in a dead lost position.

Late middlegame and you are up *only* one Rook?
Like I said, when weak players collide... . ;D

-- help bot

Old April 22nd 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 21, 12:54 pm, Sanny wrote:

Currently Beginner level at GetClub.com plays moves in 4-8 seconds
while it is easy to beat it.

Play a game:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Should I increase the depth of Begineer Level So that it thinks for
30-40 seconds but plays stronger moves?

No. Your weakest, fastest level needs to move
quickly, regardless of strength. Strength should be
one of the top priorities of your strongest levels, but
even here there is a limit to what humans can endure!

What do players like a stronger game or a quick game?

Look, Sanny: since your programmers obviously
can not or will not look up the proper method of
implementing basic tactics, why don;t you do it
for them? Just do a google search on:
"check and capture extensions" and find one of
the many explanations and examples on how this
is implemented in a chess program, then print and
hand it off to them. Assuming they can read, soon
your program would be back up above 1000 on
every level. (I'm not holding my breath.)

-- help bot

Old April 22nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:
Currently Beginner level at GetClub.com plays moves in 4-8 seconds

FALSE. It plays at that speed in the beginning, but I'm playing a game
right now and it is taking an average of 100 seconds per move in the
late middlegame.

When weak players face one another, it is almost
inevitable that the game will last a long time, as
neither has the know-how to finish up efficiently.

while it is easy to beat it.

Well, that's true enough - it's down a rook in a dead lost position.

Late middlegame and you are up *only* one Rook?

I'm up a totally won position: 1-0. it doesn't get any better than that.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old April 22nd 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

while it is easy to beat it.
Well, that's true enough - it's down a rook in a dead lost position.

Late middlegame and you are up *only* one Rook?

I'm up a totally won position: 1-0. it doesn't get any better than that.

It was beginner Level I suppose, Try easy & Normal Level they will
give you good fight.

Play with Easy Level: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner Level is only for new players. If you are good play with
higher Levels.

Bye
Sanny

Old April 22nd 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Nobody is interested in your bull**** little joke website Sanny. You need to
get that concept into your pea brain and stop spamming this group! You're
not even a chess player. Why are you here?

JMR

Old April 22nd 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:
while it is easy to beat it.
Well, that's true enough - it's down a rook in a dead lost position.
Late middlegame and you are up *only* one Rook?

I'm up a totally won position: 1-0. it doesn't get any better than that.

It was beginner Level I suppose, Try easy & Normal Level they will
give you good fight.

Read my previous comments in this thread.

I see no reason to try any level other than Beginner until you
start advertising the speed and capabilities of the Beginner level
correctly. if you are lying about Beginner level, why should I believe
anything you say about Easy and Normal?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old April 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

It was beginner Level I suppose, Try easy & Normal Level they will
give you good fight.

Read my previous comments in this thread.

I see no reason to try any level other than Beginner until you
start advertising the speed and capabilities of the Beginner level
correctly. if you are lying about Beginner level, why should I believe
anything you say about Easy and Normal?

You can see the 1000s recorded games played at GetClub. and see that
in last 50 Games the game speed has considerably increased.

http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10

Here you will see Beginner making moves in 5-10 seconds while the
Player taking 20-30 seconds per move.

Everything is recorded onsite why should i lie?

You want strong game then try higher levels else if you are a weak
player Beginner is ok to start with.

Bye
Sanny