Old May 4th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Thank You, Donna Alarie

Dear Donna,

I thank you and I am sure that almost but not quite everybody else
here thanks you for going all the way from Massachusetts to
Crossville, Tennessee AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE and digging through 100-200
storage boxes in a warehouse to find some old but vitally important
financial records, particularly those pertaining to the pension /
profit sharing plan.

However, I wonder why you had to do it. Why could not our highly paid,
indeed overpaid, and underworked office staff have done this?

Why is that we have 20 people working in the Crossville office with
very little to do and they could not have done this job during the two
years that they have been there? Why does it take a check for $24,000
bouncing twice before somebody recognizes that something might be not
quite right and that this is something that bears looking into?

Old May 5th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 3, 7:06 pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Why not start by checking the audit that was done on the pension
account in 2002 or 2003? This would seem to be the place to start.
This audit was done independently of the regular audit.

Somehow I don't think you really want real information, it might take
the fun out of blind accusations.

Nat

Old May 5th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 4, 10:36 pm, JohnnyT wrote:
wrote:

Why not start by checking the audit that was done on the pension
account in 2002 or 2003? This would seem to be the place to start.
This audit was done independently of the regular audit.

Somehow I don't think you really want real information, it might take
the fun out of blind accusations.

Nat, this is about the check that bounced last month. While the audit
may be interesting, I don't think it will be to relevant about that.

Thanks for the clarification. My question to this is, aren't pension
checks issued by the company administering the pension fund? Usually
these checks come from pension funds not the general fund.

Nat

Old May 5th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. My question to this is, aren't pension
checks issued by the company administering the pension fund? Usually
these checks come from pension funds not the general fund.

The point of this process, is to uncover the truth. We are in the
middle of that process, as I understand. Anything here is speculation.

Old May 9th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On May 9, 9:46 am, Mike Murray wrote:
On 5 May 2007 05:46:46 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. My question to this is, aren't pension
checks issued by the company administering the pension fund? Usually
these checks come from pension funds not the general fund.

Nat

It's kind of like the Federation's Professional Player Health Fund.
Turned out it was not really administered by an insurance company and
there were no premiums involved. Just a bank account or sub-account.

they could use www.chessmasterinsurance.com

Old May 9th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 9 May 2007 09:22:27 -0700, Rob wrote:

On May 9, 9:46 am, Mike Murray wrote:
On 5 May 2007 05:46:46 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. My question to this is, aren't pension
checks issued by the company administering the pension fund? Usually
these checks come from pension funds not the general fund.

Nat

It's kind of like the Federation's Professional Player Health Fund.
Turned out it was not really administered by an insurance company and
there were no premiums involved. Just a bank account or sub-account.

they could use www.chessmasterinsurance.com

Yes, well, the federation long has the key to escape reality and the
man with the illegal smile was wearing a big hat.
Old May 10th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Bill Hall still has not answered the question that you and the board
asked him in January, which is why and how did he spend $38,000 on the
World Youth Championship in Batumi, Georgia.

He also still has not inspected the US Open playing site in Cherry
Hill NJ. He said that he could not do so because of an infected toe.
Is his toe still infected? Have they cut it off, as has been reported?

Since he has provided no answer to that relatively simply question,
how can Donna expect him to answer a question you asked last week?

Old May 10th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,alt.accounting

Today's update as promised:

On April 26, 2007, Bill Hall stated that he had forwarded the legal
questions of concern to the USCF attorney along with a request for a
letter dated 5/21/03.

On May 4, 2007, Bill Hall stated that he would contact the attorney
the first of the week.

On May 8, 2007, I sent an email to Bill Hall stating:
My next update on the forum is due tomorrow. Also, former employees
and others would like to hear some response as to what "the USCF
lawyer has to say".

At 2 p.m. today, I called Bill Hall and asked if he had called the
attorney. His reply was not yet and he asked if he could call me back
in an hour or so. I said that was fine. What I stressed was that what
was most important was to obtain from the attorney a timeframe as to
when we might be able to expect a written response from the attorney
along with a copy of the 5/21/03 letter.

At 6 p.m. today (5 p.m. USCF office time), I called Mr. Hall's cell
phone and got voicemail leaving a message that I was posting my update
on the forum.

At the moment, it is crucial that USCF receive a written response to
legal questions asked on April 26 and to receive a copy of the letter
requested. Since that time, other legal questions have arisen, but in
order to address them, a starting point is needed.

In the meantime, statements are needed for the retirement accounts.
The office is looking into the mechanics of how to obtain these. The
issue is that online versions only go back to 1998 and we need
statements back to 1996. Until those are received, a reconciliation of
reports to the statements can't take place.

We have located CD's of the meetings in 2003, but now one of the
former Executive Board members is having the joy of listening through
two weekends of tapes to determine if the retirement plan was
discussed in any detail during those meetings.

Mr. Niro has agreed to talk to me, but due to personal circumstances,
we have not connected yet. I am still hopeful that we will do so
within the next few days.

The influx of emails has finally become manageable - only 18 right
now, down from a high of 119. I've started to sort through the two
inches of documents which were obtained last week in TN. This has
brought up as many new questions as it has answered.

One of the former employees has several more personal storage bins to
sort through in order to pull out documents pertaining to the plan and
another former employee also has statements. I am hopeful of receiving
more documentation from both within the week.

Obviously, this is a work in progress. Next update will be 5/15/07.

Donna