Old May 4th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Jerry Hanken wants to hire two new people!

Jerry Hanken wrote:

"Sad Sam has made some outrageously stupid posts but the one calling
the Crossville staff underworked and overstaffed takes the cake!. As a
member of the FKB 2007 US Championship Organizing Committee, I have
worked with the office on invitations and other details, and it is
clear they could make good use of at least two more people. For an EB
member to continually attack our hard working staff is despicable.
This is another good reason NOT to vote for this horrible EB member. I
like Sam as a person, but he is the very worst Board member in USCF
history and I have served with and been around during the "service" of
some pretty bad ones! Jerry Hanken"

Jerry says that need two more employees in Crossville? Has he gone
completely nuts?

Our Crossville staff is bloated, overpaid and under worked.

The proof of this is that in September 2003 the USCF had 23 employees.
We were still operating the books and equipment business which brought
in $2.8 million that year and this was before we had the MSA, online
submission of rating reports and online memberships.

Now, we have 24 employees, one more, even though we are no longer in
the books and equipment business and most members join online and most
rating reports are submitted online.

Since the move to Tennessee our employee costs have gone way up. They
were supposed to go down. That was the justification given for the
move.

We are also losing at least $100,000 this year and I believe that the
actual loss will be more than $200,000. We are nearly bankrupt.

Does Jerry Hanken really believe that we should hire two new people?
Is he trying to bring in a fourth for bridge? How will Jerry get a
real job when we can no longer afford to pay him?

Old May 4th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
Having said all this, if the USCF does suffer
substantial financial losses at the end of this fiscal year, then I
would assume that Bill Hall would look the operations over and see if
there are any lower-priority tasks that could be shut down, in order
to allow personnel to be reassigned or laid off--as painful as that
would be.

Chris Falter
The fiscal year ends on May 30, which is less than four weeks from
today.

If the USCF does suffer the substantial losses at the end of this
fiscal year that I am fairly certain it will suffer, then I assume
that Bill Hall will do the job that he is eminently qualified to do,
which is teach high school physics, the job that he was doing when the
USCF hired him two years ago.

Old May 4th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Jerry says that need two more employees in Crossville? Has he gone
completely nuts?

Our Crossville staff is bloated, overpaid and under worked.

I am loathe to let a "Samite" determine what real work or
inefficencies really are. A Samite complaining about wasting time and
effort is really funny!

We are also losing at least $100,000 this year and I believe that the
actual loss will be more than $200,000. We are nearly bankrupt.

Samite accounting principles are also suspect!

Old May 4th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchanning
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
Having
said all this, if the USCF does suffer substantial financial losses at
the end of this fiscal year, then I would assume that Bill Hall would
look the operations over and see if there are any lower-priority tasks
that could be shut down, in order to allow personnel to be reassigned
or laid off--as painful as that would be.
The fiscal year ends on May 30, which is less than four weeks from
today.

If the USCF does suffer the substantial losses at the end of this
fiscal year that I am fairly certain it will suffer, then I assume
that Bill Hall will do the job that he is eminently qualified to do,
which is teach high school physics, the job that he was doing when the
USCF hired him two years ago.

Sam Sloan
We're not going to have substantial losses, Bill Hall is doing a good
job and you're violating the Standards of Conduct again.

Joel Channing
And you belong in the building construction business, which you are
apparently good at.

Old May 4th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 4 May 2007 08:13:56 -0700, samsloan wrote:

[...]

Nobody who is eminently qualified to teach high school physics would
be stupid enough to work for the USCF in any capacity.

Bill Hall was, according to his resume, a H.S. teacher for a very
short time. His main qualification was his experience as an Amway
salesman.

Old May 4th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 4 May 2007 08:32:29 -0700, samsloan wrote:

[...]

And you should be driving a taxi if you could qualify for a license.