Old May 5th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Chris Falter Allowed to Make Outrageous Accusations on USCF Forums

If the moderators were unbiased, this entire thread would be deleted
and Chris Falter would be suspended for at least a week if not
permanently.

It is to be recalled that Chris Falter once quoted me as saying
something that I have never said. He put my supposed words in
quotation marks. His supposed quote by me was about Polgar and her
reply indicated that she was upset.

I believe that Chris Falter was suspended for one day for this.

Here, the posting by Chris Falter is entirely false. His headline is
"Mig Interviews Anderson, Reveals Why AF4C Quit Sponsorship."

However, there is no interview of Anderson anywhere. Erik Anderson has
never said any such thing. The only Executive Board member that has
even been able to speak to Anderson in the past 4-5 months is Don
Schultz and what he reported was that Anderson had said something
entirely different from that.

Bill Goichberg reported in two different meetings of the Executive
Board that he had tried but had not been able to get Erik Anderson on
the phone. Unfortunately, again, the tapes or transcripts of the
meetings have not been posted on the website, in violation of the by-
laws, so the general membership cannot hear what Goichberg said.

If even the USCF President cannot get Erik Anderson on the telephone,
how is it possible that a known Internet gadfly with poor reputation
for veracity can get to interview him?

The question now is why is Chris Falter freely allowed to post this
false garbage on this forum, while oldtimer and Brian Lafferty are
frequently suspended.

Old May 5th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfalter
Sigh. Mig stated in his blog on May 2 that he
had indeed spoken with Anderson. I quote:

Has anyone read the The Kings of New York book she talks about?
Funny, I read this a few minutes after talking on the phone with
Erik Anderson of America's Foundation for Chess. I'll have more on
that in a bit...
(emphasis mine)

Now I ask: who is speaking the truth in this matter? Did Greengard
state he had spoken to Anderson, as I claimed, or did I just make this
up, as Sloan claims?

In fact, attributing falsehoods to someone when the person is clearly
speaking the truth could very well run afoul of the AUG.
Right, and this falsehood by you is so extreme that, along with your
false statement with regard to the Polgar matter, brings me to the
conclusion that you should be thrown off this forum for good, even
though I am opposed to censorship except in the most extreme cases.
This is an extreme case.

Mig Greengard merely stated that he talked to Erik Anderson. He did
not say what he talked about. He did not say how long he spoke. He did
not say that he "interviewed" him. He has published no such interview.

Your statement that Erik Anderson pulled out of sponsorship of the US
Chess Championship because of complaints about pornography on his
website is not only untrue, it is libelous to everybody, including
Erik Anderson, Mig Greengard and myself. In view of this plus your
history of postings like this, I feel that you should be thrown off
this group. Indeed, it is obvious that the only reason you were not
banned from this group long ago is your support of the insider-
approved candidates for election.

Old May 5th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

Your statement that Erik Anderson pulled out of sponsorship of the US
Chess Championship because of complaints about pornography on his
website is not only untrue, it is libelous to everybody, including
Erik Anderson, Mig Greengard and myself. In view of this plus your
history of postings like this, I feel that you should be thrown off
this group. Indeed, it is obvious that the only reason you were not
banned from this group long ago is your support of the insider-
approved candidates for election.

Mullah-Sloan strikes [email protected]!

This is the contentious comment Mig Greenard/Eric Anderson interview:-

"AF4C sponsorship totally broke down when a member of the USCF board accused
the AF4C of distributing pornography. (Really.)

GM Joel Benjamin will break his record streak of participating in an amazing
23 consecutive US championships, withdrawing over frustration with the USCF
(with no slight intended to the Oklahoma organizers, who are doing their
best)."

The problem is chess politicians still do not get this. Their continuous
petty and destructive political games are destroying this federation for
years. That is why I am determined to change this. I care only about
promoting this game properly for the benefits of the entire sports from kids
to adults, college, correspondence, military and Internet chess, etc. We
need to promote chess and the USCF and not the disgusting politics.

--

Sam Sloan has only raised 6 scandals concerning others, this day, [often in
multiple forms] - but of his own activities, see above how brave Sam is!

Will I be next? He is afraid to ban me since 35,000 chess fans every week
will hear about it. But he should, since they already have.

Sam Sloan is very like those he accuses - as out of control as the USCF
president. Neither has much time for group process, and both act in their
own way to get what they want, despite any collective process.

It is all about them, and none about us.

Personality orientations do not forward us any more than they have these
past 20 years. This, I take it, is Erik Anderson's point, as it is also
widely perceived to be a valid point in the chess community.

Phil Innes