Old May 9th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Mike Goodall for USCF Executive Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl
I'm afraid I just don't know that much about Mr.
Goodall. I know that he was one of the minority of delegates that was
willing to actually show up for the delegates meeting in Oak Brook,
but was seriously injured while traveling. He's a NTD, Life member,
and Class A player. Surely there are many more positive things to be
said about Mr. Goodall -- anyone care to contribute?
For the past 45 years Mike Goodall has been the biggest tournament
organizer in Northern California. When I first came to the University
of California at Berkeley in 1962 and entered a tournament, Mike
Goodall was sitting there collecting the entry fees, although he was
only 16 at the time.

Mike has organized and directed both the US Championship and the US
Woman's Championship, putting up his own money for these events.

Mike regularly contributes to the USCF and to chess related causes.
Although Mike does not have a lot of money, he gives all of it to
chess.

Mike currently has several destitute chess masters living in his
house.

Take a look at any list of financial contributers to the USCF over the
past 30 years. You will find Mike Goodall's name on every list.

Best of all, Mike has never taken one dime for the USCF. He does not
send invoices to the USCF demanding payment for services of
questionable value. He has never threatened to sue the USCF. He does
not organize chess tournaments just to gain favorable publicity at
election time.

Even though Mike Goodall has campaigned the least of any candidate, in
view of his sterling reputation, I feel that he has a chance to win
this election.

Old May 9th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Next USCF Executive Board

Mike Goodall signed the nomination petition for Sam Sloan to run. He
lost my vote.

Sam Sloan is a no no.

Schultz said he wouldn't run again so he lied. We don't need liars.

So that leaves us with 7 candidates.

Jones: Good guy but poor judgement by associating himself with
Lafferty, Goichberg and Bogner. Being a lawyer is a minus in my book.

Polgar: Good all around but perhaps too busy.

Lux: Good guy but part of the Goichberg regime. A vote for him is a
vote for Goichberg and keeping things the same

Truong: Good guy but he's too independent. He needs to soften up on
his stance to clean house.

Korenman: Good guy but he's too close to the scholastic people.

Bauer: Good guy but he's associated himself with Marinello in the
past.

Berry: Good guy but has serious Oklahoma history.

Old May 9th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 9, 10:18 am, wrote:
Mike Goodall signed the nomination petition for Sam Sloan to run. He
lost my vote.

Interesting. How do you know that?

As far as I am aware, the names of the signers has not been published.

Old May 9th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 9 May, 10:22, samsloan wrote:
On May 9, 10:18 am, wrote:

Mike Goodall signed the nomination petition for Sam Sloan to run. He
lost my vote.

Interesting. How do you know that?

As far as I am aware, the names of the signers has not been published.

Sam Sloan

These are the people who nominated Sam Sloan for the election this
year:

11115292 SLOAN, SAM
10489032 GOODALL, MIKE
12462863 PRINCE, HOWARD