Old May 10th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Time Line on US Championship Controversy

What Chris Falter has done is post his own version and his own opinion
of me, including some edited quotes of things I actually wrote, and
elicited Mig's response to those quotes.

Nowhere in the entire list of quotes above is there anything actually
written or said by Erik Anderson.

Mig has been a Sloan basher on the Internet for the last ten years.

Here are a few facts:

In February 2006, Erik Anderson met with Bill Goichberg in Seattle,
with a few other chess personalities present or on a telephone
conference call and informed them that he would be down-grading his
involvement in the US Championship and the money would have to come
from somewhere else. It would not come from him.

In March 2006, Erik Anderson did not show up at the prize awards
ceremony and did not announce him plans for the next US Championship.
This was the first time ever that he had failed to appear.

In May, 2006, Erik Anderson allowed his option to hold the 2007 US
Championship expire.

I took office on August 13, 2006 and my first board meeting was the
next day, August 14. At that board meeting Bill Goichberg informed the
board that he had not been able to get Erik Anderson on the telephone
and did not even know where he is. Nevertheless, Bill said that he
would continue to try to reach Erik Anderson and "Erik Anderson will
do something".

At the board meeting in Stamford on November 17-18, Bill Goichberg
informed the board that there had been no progress and he still had
not been able to reach Erik Anderson. Hearing this, the board voted
over the strenuous objections of Bill Goichberg to give Bill a final
deadline of December 31, 2006 to conclude a deal with Erik Anderson
or, failing that, to open the US Championship for bidding.

Just prior to December 31, Bill Goichberg wrote that although he still
had not reached Erik Anderson, he was in contact with John Henderson
and he wanted an extension of time for one week and he was confident
of concluding a deal within that time. This request for a one week
extension was granted.

On January 7, 2007, Don Schultz informed the board that he had spoken
to Erik Anderson and that Erik Anderson would not be sponsoring the
2007 US Championship.

On February 25, 2007, in a telephone conference call, the board
directed Bill Hall to call Erik Anderson and try to get him to agree
at least to provide some money for the US Championship. Bill Hall
agreed to do that. The board postponed a vote on this issue for three
days to give Bill Hall time to make this call.

The following week, Bill Goichberg reported that Bill Hall had been
out sick and therefore had not been able to discuss the subject with
Erik Anderson.

After hearing no word from Bill Hall, Bill Goichberg insisted that we
go ahead and vote on the Frank K. Berry bid to hold the US
Championship. The motion passed on February 28, 2007 by 3-1-2. I voted
against. The two abstainers said that they were basically against the
motion but did not want to be on record as opposing the US
Championship.

A week or two later Bill Hall came online and wrote that he had been
out sick "with a bit of the flu".

The claim made by Chris Falter that I in some way caused Erik Anderson
to withdraw from the US Championship in late March, 2007 is entirely
without basis.

Old May 10th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I posted the above to Chessninja in response to the postings by Chris
Falter there and in response Bill Brock came in and posted five times
his usual attacks on me.

Here is my response to Bill Brock the

Please note that Bill Brock has obsessively and compulsively been
following me around from forum to forum for the past more than three
years. Each time I post something anywhere, Bill Brock pollutes the
conversation by posting as he has done above. There is way to stop
him. He will keep doing this hundreds of times until he is banned. He
has been banned from the USCF forums for this reason and has been
warned to stop posting to my Wikipedia biography and has been banned
from every moderated group. We are talking about thousands of postings
all of which say much the same things.

I hope that chessninja will ban Bill Brock from posting here so that
we can have a constructive dialogue concerning the subject matter of
this thread, which is the 2007 US Chess Championship.

Old May 10th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On May 10, 2:07 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

what did Bill Brock post? You deleted that Sam? Is Bill Brock also
banned from Fidechess?

Old May 10th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 10, 7:38 am, Rob wrote:

what did Bill Brock post? You deleted that Sam? Is Bill Brock also
banned from Fidechess?

What Bill Brock posted there is the same thing that he has posted here
hundreds of times.

No. Bill Brock is NOT banned from FIDEchess. The only person in the
entire world who is banned from FIDE chess is "Rob Mitchell".

Old May 10th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On May 10, 8:02 am, samsloan wrote:
On May 10, 7:38 am, Rob wrote:

what did Bill Brock post? You deleted that Sam? Is Bill Brock also
banned from Fidechess?

What Bill Brock posted there is the same thing that he has posted here
hundreds of times.

No. Bill Brock is NOT banned from FIDEchess. The only person in the
entire world who is banned from FIDE chess is "Rob Mitchell".

Sam Sloan

LOL!!!!! Not only have I beaten Blair but I have so flustered Sam that
he can't bear to have to answer my posts in his "news"group!

Old May 10th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 10, 7:38 am, Rob wrote:

what did Bill Brock post? You deleted that Sam? Is Bill Brock also
banned from Fidechess?

What Bill Brock posted there is the same thing that he has posted here
hundreds of times.

No. Bill Brock is NOT banned from FIDEchess. The only person in the
entire world who is banned from FIDE chess is "Rob Mitchell".

Sam Sloan

LOL!!!!! Not only have I beaten Blair but I have so flustered Sam that
he can't bear to have to answer my posts in his "news"group!

You were banned from my email group because after several warnings you
refused to identify yourself by providing your USCF ID number.

Ever since, you have filled up rec.games.chess.politics and related
newsgroups with trash.

I do not know what I would do if Bill Brock started posting the same
thing over and over again to my email list. Fortunately, that has not
happened.

Old May 10th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

On May 10, 7:38 am, Rob wrote:

what did Bill Brock post? You deleted that Sam? Is Bill Brock also
banned from Fidechess?

What Bill Brock posted there is the same thing that he has posted here
hundreds of times.

No. Bill Brock is NOT banned from FIDEchess. The only person in the
entire world who is banned from FIDE chess is "Rob Mitchell".

Sam Sloan

LOL!!!!! Not only have I beaten Blair but I have so flustered Sam that
he can't bear to have to answer my posts in his "news"group!

You were banned from my email group because after several warnings you
refused to identify yourself by providing your USCF ID number.

Isn't that a tiny tiny tiny great big lie?

Though perhaps what Sam Sloan is indicating that only current USCF members
can be at 'his group' - though he exempted me because we once met at a baord
meeting.

Sam Sloan did not object to any comments by Rob Mitchell when it was to his
advantage... only when the subject of Sam Sloan's own behavior was raised,
was he banned.

That's the plain truth.

Its almost as IDIOTIC as when he complains about the orientation of
Chessville to other candidates - because they bother to write their answers
to tough questions on the record. Sam Slaon explained that it would have
taken him half a day to say what he would do over several years - while
spending more than half a day every day... well, you all know the rest.

What is evident here is plain evasion of problematic material which is
centered on Sam Sloan's own behavior - While fearlessly raising issues about
other people's relationships, identities, and 'bias', we can all see the
real measure of how brave Mr. Sloan actually is.

Phil Innes