Old May 21st 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Highlights of the USCF Board Meeting May 19-20, 2007

I am in Denver, CO awaiting a change of planes. I am taking a few
minutes to report some highlights of the meeting just concluded.

Of utmost interest to this group, the Executive Board voted NOT to
accept the resignation of Terry Winchester from the Forum Oversight
Committee and voted NOT to accept the resignation of Grant Perks as
chairman of the Audit Committee. Thus Mr. Winchester and Mr. Perks are
required to hold those positions for the rest of their lives.

Bill Hall presented a budget which showed a loss for ficsal 2007-2008
of $105, 973. Fortunately, Bill Goichberg saved the day by changing
the numbers to report a surplus of $50,027.

At a meeting of the USCF Executive Board on May 19-20 in Stillwater,
Oklahoma, it was reported to the board that Susan Polgar had violated
the trade name rights to two major chess events, by holding the "Susan
Polgar National Open Chess Championship for Girls" and the Susan
Polgar World Open Chess Championship for Girls" in violation of the
rights to hold events by similar namees by the USCF. It was also
reported that Susan Polgar is negotiating to move the Denker
Tournament of High School Champions to Lubock, Texas although she does
not hold the rights to that event.

At a meeting of the USCF Executive Board on May 19-20, 2007 Sloan
advocated an immediate reduction of personell costs of $80,000 but
this was rejected by the board. Sloan did succeed in having a proposed
raise for all employeed of 3.2% cancelled.

Old May 21st 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default More bull**** from Sloan

Dear Mr. Sloan:

I have asked Paul Truong, the Chairman of the Polgar Committee, to
negotiate on behalf of the Denker event with Texas Tech. This
information is also known to Mitchell Denker (sponsor of the Denker
Tournament), Bill Hall and Jerry Nash. At this time no final
arrangements have been made.

Best Regards,
Dewain Barber
Chairman, Denker Committee

Sloan caught lying again! Good job Dewain Barber!

Old May 21st 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 20, 11:26 pm, wrote:
Dear Mr. Sloan:

I have asked Paul Truong, the Chairman of the Polgar Committee, to
negotiate on behalf of the Denker event with Texas Tech. This
information is also known to Mitchell Denker (sponsor of the Denker
Tournament), Bill Hall and Jerry Nash. At this time no final
arrangements have been made.

Best Regards,
Dewain Barber
Chairman, Denker Committee

Sloan caught lying again! Good job Dewain Barber!

It is my understanding that Miss Polgar wants to hold the Denker
tournament at Texas Tech rather than at the US Open.

Do you agree with this? Have you authorized this?

Old May 21st 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Of utmost interest to this group, the Executive Board voted NOT to
accept the resignation of Terry Winchester from the Forum Oversight
Committee and voted NOT to accept the resignation of Grant Perks as
chairman of the Audit Committee. Thus Mr. Winchester and Mr. Perks
are required to hold those positions for the rest of their lives.

**** LOL! I suspect they could resign if they wanted to. I don't know Mr.
Winchester, but have played a couple of games of chess with Grant Perks. In
fact, we now play on the same team! [RGCP Hitmen]. Perhaps the moderators,
who require an oversight committee to guide them, should suggest that the
Overseers themselves need oversight? I have an excellent book on the topic -
Diary of a Russian Censor: Aleksandr Nikitenko, which begins in about 1826,
where it teaches you to ban even 'Count Tolstoy's new play', and much much
more...

Bill Hall presented a budget which showed a loss for ficsal 2007-2008
of $105, 973. Fortunately, Bill Goichberg saved the day by changing
the numbers to report a surplus of $50,027.

**** I assume the Hall report was an operating loss, and the Goichberg
number was on the same subject? [why do I assume that?] Why doesn't USCF's
CPA present the numbers, or have Grant Perks read CPA approved numbers, at
least that would mean that they are 'real' as in 'auditable' rather than
'opinions'.

At a meeting of the USCF Executive Board on May 19-20 in Stillwater,
Oklahoma, it was reported to the board that Susan Polgar had violated
the trade name rights to two major chess events, by holding
the "Susan Polgar National Open Chess Championship for Girls" and the
Susan Polgar World Open Chess Championship for Girls" in violation of
the rights to hold events by similar namees by the USCF.

****This is a most mysterious comment! "...it was reported," but by whom?
And since I think Susan Polgar is unquestionably permitted to use her own
name, what can this vague assertion mean; "similar namees by the USCF".

It was also
reported that Susan Polgar is negotiating to move the Denker
Tournament of High School Champions to Lubock, Texas although she
does not hold the rights to that event.

****As we see in an independent note to this point, that comment is a tad
spun - not to say it is an outright lie, but that Paul Truong was /asked/ to
negotiate it, with the full knowledge of Hall, Nash, and a Denker family
member...

****To conclude, if a journalist wrote this sort of report he'd be fired.
Sam Sloan should stick to what politicians do, which is to try to fire other
people and negate their COLAs; as below.

****Phil Innes

At a meeting of the USCF Executive Board on May 19-20, 2007 Sloan
advocated an immediate reduction of personell costs of $80,000 but
this was rejected by the board. Sloan did succeed in having a
proposed raise for all employeed of 3.2% cancelled.

Sam Sloan

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Old May 21st 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On May 21, 12:45 am, samsloan wrote:
On May 20, 11:26 pm, wrote:

Dear Mr. Sloan:

I have asked Paul Truong, the Chairman of the Polgar Committee, to
negotiate on behalf of the Denker event with Texas Tech. This
information is also known to Mitchell Denker (sponsor of the Denker
Tournament), Bill Hall and Jerry Nash. At this time no final
arrangements have been made.

Best Regards,
Dewain Barber
Chairman, Denker Committee

Sloan caught lying again! Good job Dewain Barber!

It is my understanding that Miss Polgar wants to hold the Denker
tournament at Texas Tech rather than at the US Open.

Do you agree with this? Have you authorized this?

Sam Sloan

Can you not read Sloan? Take each word one at a time. . Is Texas Tech
in Lubbock? Okay... think about waht was written... let the thought
gel in your head. Have the answer?
Rob