Old May 22nd 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Forum Oversight Committee procedures discussed by the board

At the Executive Board meeting on Sunday, May 20, two days ago, in
spite of a lengthy discussion and debate, no motion of significance
was voted upon and passed, except that the board voted 6-0 AGAINST the
request by Terry Winchester, Louis Blair and other members of the FOC
to remove David Quinn from the FOC.

We hope that by doing this the FOC members will learn to get along
with each other.

When this matter was debated by the board, the room was filled with
spectators. Every seat was taken. Among those present were Harry
Payne, Mike Aignar, Hal Bogner and Jerry Hanken. This was the only
time during the two days of board meetings that this happened. Most of
the rest of the time there was only one spectator, Jerry Hanken. As
soon as the debate finished on the FOC, all spectators left the room.

Not only was the room filled, but several people were on the line in
a telephone conference call, including Terry Winchester and Louis
Blair.

During the closing minutes of the debate on this issue, Don Schultz
started fooling around with the speaker phone trying to increase the
volume so that we could hear better. Unfortunately, he hit the wrong
button and disconnected everybody on the conference call. This was a
pure accident and was NOT part of the conspiracy.

Louis Blair called back a few minutes later and asked to be re-
connected, but by that time we had finished this topic and had moved
on to something else.

Old May 22nd 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasychess
The Moderators should be trained to act more
like cold, calculating robots, interpreting the AUG (which do seem
very simple to comprehend) and pulling out anything that violates it.

Chris Bird
The rules are not easy to comprehend. According to Terry Winchester,
whom we had on the line during the board meeting this past Sunday, any
post that implies or suggests that another poster has been "dishonest"
or that another poster has been "unethical" should be pulled.

However, any time a poster disagrees with another poster for any
reason whatever, that could be interpreted that the second poster is
suggesting that the first poster has been dishonest.

That probably explains why Mr. Winchester has been running amuck,
pulling all sorts of perfectly normal posts, and why we are spending
more time debating this issue than we spend discussing the serious
problems facing the USCF.