Old May 24th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default The Joe Lux Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Lux
I have spent most of the last fifteen years in
classrooms, forgetting what can happen in the world of adults. I have
learned early in this campaign, not to trust every "fact" presented to
me. Statements have to be checked and double-checked.

Some would say that it is commendable that Susan Polgar supports her
friend, Frank Niro. Yet Frank Niro deceived the membership and left
the Federation in shambles.

But Mr. Niro wasn't the only person responsible. The Executive Board
at that time failed in its duty to oversee the Executive Director.
This is a major function of the Executive Board.

Should I get elected to the Executive Board, I pledge that this new
Board will be prompted by me to assure that we will not again face the
threat of bankruptcy or of another inappropriate Executive Director.

Chessically yours, Joe Lux
I certainly hope that Joe Lux is able to keep this pledge, but I would
like to know how he plans to do it.

I have been on the board for nine months. I claim to have slowed down
slightly the habits of reckless spending by the board and by the
Executive Director, but I have certainly not stopped it.

The board just passed a budget which calls for a surplus of only
$50,027, but that surplus is really a loss because it includes
revenues of imaginary money in the amount of $104,000, so that means
the budget calls for a loss of $54,000 in real money.

I was the only board member to vote against this loss. Kindly explain
Joe how you plan to do better than I have tried to do thus far.

Old May 25th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Joe Lux has pledged to work with me. He fully endorses my candidacy.
Vote for the team of Lux, Sloan, Goodall and Jones!

Old May 25th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Default The Joe Lux Pledge to support Sam's activity?

On May 24, 11:38 pm, samsloan wrote:
Joe Lux has pledged to work with me. He fully endorses my candidacy.
Vote for the team of Lux, Sloan, Goodall and Jones!

Does he support this?
This is taken from the website of a USCF Board member, Sam Sloan:
http://www.samsloan.com/pokeplot.htm

http://www.samsloan.com/aminmina.htm

http://www.samsloan.com/donmoon.htm

http://www.samsloan.com/sailormoon.htm

Above are images and descriptions taken from Sam Sloan's website.
He also claims there being there in no way impares his ability to
project a positive moral image to children and women. Is this the
type
of leadership that will save the USCF?
Rob