Old May 28th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,alt.accounting

Default Donna Alarie's Complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACP
Now I'll make it more complicated. USCF delegates pass
a budget. The ED ignores said budget - totally and completely.
Executive Board doesn't find out about it until the annual meeting
because reports are inaccurate and only the audited financials are
believed to be accurate. Money is gone.
Donna Alarie has hit the problem right on the head, as usual. Our last
several Executive Directors have been out of control. Board members
find out about it too late after the money is gone or sometimes never
find out about it.

For example, a few months ago I discovered a payment of $13,358.36
that the Executive Director had paid to a certain person, even though
the VP of Finance had specifically told the Executive Director not to
pay this money. This payment was made in December 2003. Nobody know
about it until I discovered it three years later.

I have no doubt that there have been many other improper payments. If
the Executive Director does not tell us what is going on, we have no
independent means to find out about it.