Old May 31st 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess

Default Lafferty, Bogner, Quinn bullied USCF members with consent by EB

I quit.

I have to. The abuse in terms of petty bickering and in outright
assault is not worth this. Mike Nolan, you are a saint. You did this
for months. My term is just over a month.

I took on the responsibility of being on the Forum Oversight Committee
determined to approach each matter honestly and with judicious
impartiality. Having reviewed actions that I have been a participant,
I can honestly say that I think I have done this. I have voted to
sanction a friend, I have voted to exonerate those who dislike me. In
each complaint matter I have tried to apply the Accepted Use
Guidelines in a manner consistent with Executive Board policy.

I have pushed for and the FOC has accepted several ideas regarding the
manner in which deliberations are structured, a time limit for
complaints to be adjudicated, and other things I think protect the
membership's interests. I confess to a certain satisfaction that some
of my ideas were welcomed by my fellow FOC members, and I thank them
for the consideration they afforded my viewpoint.

Happily, I have gained a few valued friends in this experience. Sadly,
I have also lost several whom I considered friends, and that pains me.
I have damaged other friendships in my quest to do the best I could in
this position, and to those friends, I offer my most humble apologies.
One of these is Rodney Vaughn. You were correct, I was wrong. I hope
you will forgive me and I hope you still consider me a friend.

SysAdmin, please remove my FOC access as soon as possible.

Steve Owens in Tennessee
Just a USCF member, just like I always wanted to be.