Old June 1st 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Default Motion to Change the Name to "Irina Krush Tournament of Champions"

I have made the following motion:

Resolved the name of the Girls Tournament Held at the US Open is
hereby changed to the "Irina Krush Tournament of Champions".

My reasons are as follows:

Susan Polgar states that she wants to hold the tournament in her name
at Texas Tech University. At the same time, the USCF is unwilling to
give up a successful tournament that we have developed over the last
several years. Thus, it is inevitable that we will have to change the
name of the tournament.

Accordingly, I am moving that we change the name to the Irina Krush
Tournament of Champions.

My reasons are as follows:

Irina Krush is the highest rated ACTIVE woman player in the United
States. In addition, she is rapidly improving. She has gained rating
points in each of her last six tournaments, including her great result
in the US Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma last week. She is now
rated 2497.

Irina is only 23 years old, which makes her much younger than most of
her immediate rivals. It is unlikely that anybody will be able to
catch her or pass her for at least the next several years.

Her name is easy to pronounce and remember. Frankly, most of the other
top woman players have unpronounceable or unspellable names. At least,
I cannot remember how to spell them and have to look them up every
time.

She has a good name for chess. Imagine being Krushed by Bonecrusher
Krush.

Irina has an attractive and charming personality. She is well liked by
all who know her. She has never been involved in a dispute or a
controversy of any kind. She has stayed clear of politics or of any
sort of political involvement.

It does not hurt at all that Irina Krush is an astoundingly beautiful
and attractive woman.

In short, Irina Krush is the perfect role model for our youth, for the
type of person we want to bring into chess. A beautiful young girl is
obviously a more attractive role model than a divorced, middle-aged
woman.

As to the timing of this decision, I believe that now is the right
time. If we wait it will be more controversial and politically
contentious. I have considered waiting until the August meetings as
Bill suggests, but that will be after the election and I believe it
will have adverse political ramifications if done then.

Since Susan Polgar states that she no longer wishes to have a
tournament in her name held in connection with the Annual US Open, and
since the tournament in this format has been increasingly successful,
we should simply change the name of the tournament.

Accordingly, I propose that we change the name of the tournament to
Irina Krush Tournament of Champions and the name of the committee to
the Krush Committee.

I hope that this motion can be passed quickly so that an announcement
of the new name can appear in Chess Life magazine in the July issue
before the tournament is held in Cherry Hill NJ in August.

Old June 1st 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Susan Polgar has just posted the following on her blog. Please note
the last sentence:

"This came up in spite of the fact that I have a legal contract until
at least 2009 and that this tournament was created by me. This is in
spite of the fact that I fought tooth and nail just to get this event
off the ground over the objections from the chess politicians who do
not want to support girl's chess. This is in spite of the fact that
the USCF has no sponsor for the event this year or subsequent years
without Texas Tech."

The last sentence, which is posted at
http://uschess.blogspot.com/2007/06/...n-of-uscf.html
indicates that Susan is not sponsoring the tournament THIS YEAR unless
it is moved to Texas Tech University by August, 2007.

Since she says that she is not sponsoring this years event which has
just been announced as taking place during the 2007 US Open as usual,
there should no longer be any doubt that the name should be changed to
a more suitable and appropriate name.

Old June 1st 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

I have nothing against Irina Krush. I have nothing but praise for her
talents and she is a genuine talent in the USA. However she is not in
Zsuzsa Polgar's league when it comes to talent and Zsuzsa is a former
Women's world champion. She has accomplished what all women including
Irina Krush would dream of. To make it plain and simple: The Polgars
have done more for womens chess here than anyone else so far
especially younger female childern. The female children chess players
in this country deserve it and they deserve their own forum too. I
hope the tournament stays Zsuzsa Polgar Tournament of Champions.
Nobody would say anything if Karpov was teaching the young boys in
this country and held a tournament in his name like: Anatoly Karpov
Tournament of Champions for all the USA boys.

EZoto
Old June 1st 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

"EZoto" wrote in message

I have nothing against Irina Krush. I have nothing but praise for her
talents and she is a genuine talent in the USA. However she is not in
Zsuzsa Polgar's league when it comes to talent and Zsuzsa is a former
Women's world champion. She has accomplished what all women including
Irina Krush would dream of. To make it plain and simple: The Polgars
have done more for womens chess here than anyone else so far
especially younger female childern. The female children chess players
in this country deserve it and they deserve their own forum too. I
hope the tournament stays Zsuzsa Polgar Tournament of Champions.
Nobody would say anything if Karpov was teaching the young boys in
this country and held a tournament in his name like: Anatoly Karpov
Tournament of Champions for all the USA boys.

EZoto

That's right.

Phil Innes

Old June 2nd 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:53:57 -0700, Ambassador
wrote:

On Jun 1, 12:39 pm, "Chess One" wrote:
"EZoto" wrote in message

[...]

Susan Polgar has a very negative side. She is a mean bitch. Sloan does
no like her. Susan has stated in public that I am "bad for Chess." You
can leave the name as the Polgar tournamnet, and I will attack. So,
please do not complain if I trash the tournamnt's reputation.

Susan Polgar needs to grow up and get ready to take what she dishes
out.

Marcus Roberts

I'm not going to deny she has a negative side. In some ways she can
be a tough person. Still to me she is just what the young girls need.
Someone that can stand up to anyone. The reason Sloan doesn't like
her probably is he can't push her around. Finally, she can take what
she dishes out.

EZoto

Old June 3rd 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

"Ambassador" wrote in message
oups.com...
Susan Polgar has a very negative side. She is a mean bitch.

Marcus Roberts

Marcus Roberts is a ****ing Liar.

Tell us again how you offered ICC to the USCF back in 1993.

Old August 25th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

--- In , "samhsloan" [email protected] wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

Take a look at what Susan posted in response to this proposal:

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...velopment.html

Incidentally, her proposal to move the Denker Tournament of High
School Champions to Texas Tech University is dead because most of the
players in this year's Denker were against it and Mitch Denker who
funds the tournament was not in favor as well.

Susan can of course move the tournament in her own name to anywhere
she wants.

Here is one of the comments of Susan's Blog above:

Sandia said...

I think that it will be very sad if they change the name to Irina
Krush ...What has she done to deserve the title? Maybe if she can go
to schools 24-7 to encourage more girls to play, or maybe go to
tournaments and speak to girls to stick with the game or flown all
over the country to make an appearance so that little girls will see a
good role model...I doubt it and I doubt if she can follow in Susan's
footsteps. Susan had to be taken to the doctor at the Corpus Christi
tournament, but despite her ailing state, she kept a smiling face -
just so that all the children in the tournament stayed positive! I
think that speaks volumes about a person's dedication. If USCF makes
the change to Irina Krush, then maybe all the girls and Ms Krush need
to boycott the event! Susan, thanks for fighting these "middle aged
*****." They do not have the welfare of chess as their utmost
priority!

Friday, June 01, 2007 2:04:00 AM
Old August 26th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.women

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeditor
2) Why would anyone have the slightest interest now
in campaign posts from the first of June? This looks like the kind of
spamming that helped ruin rgcp.

John Hillery
The issue is by no means dead. It is just the 800-pound gorilla hiding
in the closet.

Here are a few questions:

1. Will Susan really move the tournament to Texas Tech University?

2. If so, will the players be willing to go there?

3. If so, will the state chess associations, many of which provide
money to the top girl players to attend the US Open, be willing to
give that money to their players to attend Texas Tech University
instead?

4. What will be the fate of the "Susan Polgar World Open" and the
"Susan Polgar National Open" now that Susan is on the board?

5. Is it really proper under conflict of interest rules for the USCF
to name a tournament the "Susan Polgar Open" while Susan is on the
board?

These are just a few of the questions that people will be starting to
ask in the coming months.