Old June 2nd 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Susan Polgar National Invitational For Girls

Susan Polgar National Invitational For Girls

I just saw it for the first time today on the Susan Polgar website.
Perhaps it has been there all along and I did not notice it, but I
believe that it is new.

Susan Polgar is calling the tournament in her name the Susan Polgar
National Invitational For Girls

Take a look at http://www.susanpolgar.com/indexone.html

It says 07.29.2007 Susan Polgar National Invitational For Girls

The rules and conditions page is blank. Perhaps that is an error, or
perhaps she is changing the rules.

http://www.susanpolgar.com/rulesinvitegirls2007.pdf

Susan has been told time and again that she cannot use the word
National in any of her events unless it is authorized by the office.

There is a specific reason for this. The USCF has a National High
School Championship, a National Junior High School Championship, a
National Elementary Championship and so on. Those events are the
official US Championships. Neither the Polgar nor the Denker is the
official US Championship.

The Polgar tournament is intended to be the girls equivalent of the
Denker tournament. The official name of the Denker tournament is the
Denker Tournament of High School Champions. The Denker is not an
invitational tournament. Anyone can qualify to it by winning the high
school championship of a state.

The Polgar tournament is similarly the Polgar Tournament of Champions.

Why is Polgar always pushing the envelope? She knows the rules. She
knows that she cannot use the word National without permission of the
office, which will not be granted in this case. Why does she insist on
exceeding the limits under which the tournament in her name was set
up, by adding the words National and Invitational when the actual
authorized name of her tournament was good enough?

In view of Susan's flagrant disobedience of the rules, I think that
the name of the Polgar tournament will have to be changed.

Old June 3rd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

How about: Susan Polgar North American Invitational Tournament for
Girls. Then you can include Canada and Mexico. Then you can call it:

Susan Polgar InternationaI Invitational Tournament for Girls. If the
word National is the stickler then so be it. Just drop it and put a
better name for a tournament the young girls in this country or
continent deserve. Whatever the problem it is the pettiest little
thing I have ever seen to fight over.

EZoto
Old June 3rd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Sorry I lied to everyone

I'm sorry I lied. The event was approved by the board.

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING OF THE UNITED STATES CHESS
FEDERATION ON AUGUST 7, 2003
03-34 (McCrary): The Polgar National Championship for Girls is a
sanctioned USCF event. PASSED 4-0.

Old June 3rd 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

At 05:19 PM 6/2/2007 -0400, wrote:

The contract Susan refers to is probably an extension of national tournament status through 2009. I don't remember what else is in the contract, probably not much. I doubt that it requires the event to be held at the US Open, though I hope it does. I did not negotiate this contract, only signed it after others had agreed to the details on behalf of USCF.

Here is what Susan writes on her Blog:

At Friday, June 01, 2007 11:22:00 AM, SusanPolgar said...

No, it does not. The contract basically allows me to do as I wish
since this is an event that I founded, funded and ran from the
beginning. The role of the USCF is to sanction it and promote it.
Anything outside of this is a clear violation of the legal agreement.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.PolgarChess.com

So, Susan says that she has the right to do anything she wants with
this tournament. There is an implied threat to sue if the USCF does
not let her do that. Also, the USCF is required to "sanction and
promote it".

Putting in a TLA in Chess Life, as has already been done, would seem
to fulfill the requirement to sanction and promote it.

Nobody is objecting if Susan moves "her" tournament to Lubbock, Texas.

The question is: Will she try to sue if the USCF substitutes another
girls tournament at the US Open, such as the "Irina Krush Tournament
of Champions".

She probably would like to sue, but I doubt that any attorney would
take her case.

I think that as an urgent matter Bill Goichberg should send his
minions down to the Crossville Landfill (or is it the New Windsor
Landfill) and try to dig out that contract to see what it says.

Of course, we could always ask Susan for a copy of the contract, but
in the past such requests have never been granted.

Old June 3rd 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING OF
THE UNITED STATES CHESS FEDERATION ON AUGUST 7, 2003
03-34 (McCrary): The Polgar National Championship for Girls is a
sanctioned USCF event. PASSED 4-0.

The board authorized a "Polgar National Championship for Girls".
However, that event has never been held. The tournament Susan is
advertising is called the "Susan Polgar National Invitational for
Girls". There is obviously a big difference between a national
championship, in which anybody can play, and a national invitational,
which is restricted to a chosen few.

Also, the "Rules & Conditions" page on Susan's website is still blank.

http://www.susanpolgar.com/rulesinvitegirls2007.pdf

It has been blank for several days. Thus, we still do not know what
Susan plans to do or what she has on her mind.

There is no record of the board ever authorizing a tournament called
the "Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls".

Old June 3rd 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeditor
Oh, and the link http://www.susanpolgar.com/rulesinvitegirls2007.pdf
has had the details of the Polgar tournament for some time now (from
internal evidence, since March). It is currently displaying in another
tab in front of me. Perhaps it would help if you found someone who new
how to use a computer. Though I doubt it.
I see. So, it turns out that her "Rules & Conditions" page cannot be
viewed on Mozilla Firefox but it can be viewed on Internet Explorer.
Obviously, Hillary is using Explorer whereas I use Firefox.

Would any of you techies out there care to explain why a PDF file
would appear on Explorer but not on Firefox?

Is this part of the conspiracy?

Old February 27th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.magyar,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:55:31 -0700, samsloan wrote:

I'm sorry I lied. The event was approved by the board.

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING OF THE UNITED STATES CHESS
FEDERATION ON AUGUST 7, 2003
03-34 (McCrary): The Polgar National Championship for Girls is a
sanctioned USCF event. PASSED 4-0.

The above message was from the Fake Sam Sloan

I have never had the address of

The Real Sam Sloan