Old June 2nd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Warning against Personal Attacks at Election Time

Warning against Personal Attacks at Election Time

Now is the time for USCF elections. The ballots went out in the mail a
few days ago and should be arriving along with Chess Life magazine
today or in the next few days.

Now is the time when voters may be receiving mail urging you to vote
for this or that candidate.

Now is also the time when many voters will be receiving the
traditional "Child Molester" letter. It is a great tradition in USCF
elections that for every year since at least 1987 a letter has gone
out accusing this or that candidate of being a child molester.

Almost invariably, the accused candidate has ultimately been elected.
The letters do not seem to be working.

I received a letter last night attacking a certain candidate. I will
not tell you who the candidate is, except that I will say that the
candidate is not me.

I will not tell you what the letter says. You will know it when and if
you see it. I certainly hope that you never see it.

If you do see it, please note the following things:

The letter is anonymous. It alleges that an incident took place "more
than 30 years" ago. It says "I'm very willing to take a lie detector
test" but then says "I'll leave my name out for now".

How are we supposed to give a lie detector test to a person who
insists on remaining anonymous?

In short, the letter is obviously a hoax. You can expect to be
receiving more letters like this one over the next few days.

As to who wrote the letter, I have my own opinion. There is one clue
in the letter that tells me who the author is likely to be. However, I
will not tell you what that clue is. I will say that, if my opinion is
correct, the author of the email is a person involved in USCF
Politics.

Old June 2nd 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Jun 2, 8:27 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Perhaps if the letter included the links to the questionable material
on your website(which you refuse to explain) the voters would have a
clearer picture of your character or lack there of. You may ban me
from your newsgroup, Sam. But the fact remains that the mose damninf
evidence against you comes from your own mouth.
Rob

Old June 4th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Please Take Notice:

I believe that Chess Life magazine with the ballots will arrive
tomorrow, June 4, 2007, for most USCF members and that the traditional
"child molester" letters accusing one or several candidates of being
child molesters will be sent by email or newsgroup postings on the
same day that the ballots arrive.

Let us wait and see if I am proven correct.