Old September 10th 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Tanstaafl Singles out Sam Sloan

I am presently in Shenyang, China, near the border with Korea but I
checked into the USCF Issues Forum and noticed the following quote by
Tanstaafl a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn:

"I've seen complaints recently about the use of the moderation queue
-- that the moderators were trying to put too many people on the
queue. It's not too surprising WHO made that particular complaint.

"I think our actual record is somewhat different than the portrayal.
Until just recently, we only had TWO people on the moderation queue
(and now just one, I believe, as we wait for pending appeals). ONLY
ONE poster that has been placed on the moderation queue has remainded
there after his initial 6-month sentence. (some have even been
"released" early). I'd say that we're making good and proper use of
the moderation queue and that IT WORKS."

Of course that one person is me, Sam Sloan, even though I am a former
member of the board and a recent candidate for re-election.

Unless Vaughn is counting the one time when the FOC took me off of
moderation and the MOC put me back on moderation just a few hours
later without me even knowing about it or having a chance to post.

Old September 10th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sep 9, 11:27*pm, samsloan wrote:
I am presently in Shenyang, China, near the border with Korea but I
checked into the USCF Issues Forum and noticed the following quote by
Tanstaafl a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn:

You're about the only person I know trying to get INTO North Korea
rather than out of it.

Good luck, don't end up in a gulag.

RL
Old September 11th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:27*pm, samsloan wrote:
I am presently in Shenyang, China, near the border with Korea but I
checked into the USCF Issues Forum and noticed the following quote by
Tanstaafl a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn:

You're about the only person I know trying to get INTO North Korea
rather than out of it.

Good luck, don't end up in a gulag.

RL

Don't worry. The North Koreans will like me. I just know they will.
Old September 11th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sep 10, 5:34*pm, samsloan wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:27*pm, samsloan wrote:
I am presently in Shenyang, China, near the border with Korea but I
checked into the USCF Issues Forum and noticed the following quote by
Tanstaafl a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn:

You're about the only person I know trying to get INTO North Korea
rather than out of it.

Good luck, don't end up in a gulag.

RL

Don't worry. The North Koreans will like me. I just know they will.

Yep. There's a major food shortage there.
Old September 11th 09, 12:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 9, 11:27 pm, samsloan wrote:
I am presently in Shenyang, China, near the border with Korea but I
checked into the USCF Issues Forum and noticed the following quote by
Tanstaafl a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn:

You're about the only person I know trying to get INTO North Korea
rather than out of it.

Good luck, don't end up in a gulag.

RL

Don't worry. The North Koreans will like me. I just know they will.

They'll like you so much they'll keep you.