Old September 13th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Apparent Letter from Mr. Leigh to Sam Sloan

Mr. Slaon emailed me the emial below that he says was sent to him by Mr.
Leigh. Me thinks Mr. Leigh doth protest too much. See my comments that
follow.

Sam Sloan wrote:
Counsel: Susan Polgarís deposition transcript has apparently been
published on Karl Kronenbergerís website. This transcript includes
significant confidential information, including information about her
children and private custody proceedings, the disclosure of which
exposes the USCF to significant, enormous liability. Why any lawyer
with a brain, who purports to represent the USCF, would engage in this
kind of behavior is beyond me. But I at this point I do not have time
so spend evaluating your respective mental fitness.

I understand that plaintiffsí counsel contend that Paul Truong or I
disclosed portions of Mr. Kronenbergerís deposition testimony to the
Delegates in Indianapolis, and that therefore you are somehow
therefore entitled to release Ms. Polgarís deposition testimony. This
is wrong for basic reasons that should be apparent to a child. First,
the USCF Delegates are its Board of Directors. I explained this to
Carolyn Crosboll, Mr. Hermanís partner, in Indianapolis. I thought
this was simple enough for you to understand and that you had at a
minimum read the organizationís bylaws. Second, if you believe there
has been a violation of an agreement to keep a subject confidential,
your proper recourse it to seek sanction or other redress in court. No
lawyer with a brain would think the response is to retaliate by
disclosing confidential information and exposing his or her client (in
this case, regretfully the USCF) to enormous civil damages. I work in
California, and I know that some of the recipients of this email are
attorneys from other states. But as lawyers who purport to practice
in federal court, I should not have to explain this to you.

By releasing Ms. Polgarís private information in this childish ďtete a
teteĒ manner, you are doing significant harm to Ms. Polgar and, by
extension, the USCF.

Each of you needs to think carefully and immediately about your
personal and professional responsibilities to the USCF. Susan Polgar,
who remains a member of the USCFís Executive Board, certainly is doing
so. Because each and every person involved in this disclosure, or who
fails to immediately take all affirmative steps to correct it, will be
held responsible, fully. If any of you are not familiar with the
federal and California privacy statutes that obtain, I suggest you
find lawyers who understand these laws, quickly.

I demand that you immediately remove the copy of Ms. Polgarís
deposition transcript from Kronenbergerís website and immediately take
all affirmative steps necessary to remove the deposition from all
internet locations were it has been published or republished. I
expect to receive today (Sunday, September 13, 2009) confirmation that
the deposition has been taken down, precisely specifying the steps you
have taken to remove the transcript from any internet website or other
location where it has been published or republished, and identifying
any internet website or other location from which you have been unable
to remove the transcript.

If you doubt my seriousness in any respect, test me.

Whitney Leigh

Gonzalez & Leigh

Two Shaw Alley, Third Floor

San Francisco, California 94105

(415) 512-2000

(415) 512-2001 (facsimile)

06/19/09 06:53:00

Federal case law is quite clear that absent a protective order issued by
the court, in this case by Judge Cummings, there is nothing to prevent
anyone, particularly the press, from viewing deposition transcripts.
Protective orders are granted to protect things such as trade secrets
and highly person material. There are no trade secrets discussed in Ms.
Polgar's deposition and there are no confidential personal matters
discussed. Mr. Leigh's assertion as to confidential matters about her
children existing in the transcript is false. There is nothing there
about her children that has not been openly and publicly discussed by
Ms. Polgar previously in public forums.

The bottom line is that Ms. Polgar did not even seek a protective order
from Judge Cummings. She and Mr. Leigh have no basis whatsoever to
complain just as they had no facts on which to ask the court for a
protective order.

Ms. Polgar has chosen to sue multiple defendants in the US court system
which is open to the public. Deal with it or apply for a protective order.

If Mr. Leigh intends to commence litigation on Ms. Polgar's behalf, let
me remind him that California has a SLAPP law. Any such litigation will
be viewed as a malicious. Such vexatious litigation we be actively met
with all appropriate action including the prospect of disciplinary
complaints being made against Mr. Leigh for the commencement of any such
litigation.
Old September 13th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Oops! Mr. Leigh also appears to have forgotten that he placed portions
of Mr. Kronenberger's deposition transcript into the court record in
California for all to see.
Old September 13th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"
Old September 14th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:59:47 -0400, MrVidmar
wrote:

My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"

Maybe he wanted to see who'd blink ?

Old September 14th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"

Maybe he wanted to see who'd blink ?

I think Mr. Leigh has far more to concern himself about regarding the
allegations of participating in a scheme with his client to make it
appear the USCF and its counsel waived attorney-client privilege. If he
really thinks going to the mat over Ms. Polgar's transcript is
worthwhile, well............good for him and his client.
Old September 14th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"

Maybe he wanted to see who'd blink ?

Or it's a fake.

That is a possibility we have considered. Who would want to fake
Whitney Leigh??!!

Old September 14th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"
Maybe he wanted to see who'd blink ?

Or it's a fake.

That is a possibility we have considered. Who would want to fake
Whitney Leigh??!!

PT?

The letter was not faked. It included ccs to the two federal mediators
who were appointed by Judge Patel. Nobody would dare to fake such a
letter, not even Paul Truong.

Old September 14th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
My wife just read Mr. Leigh's letter and immediately made the following
comment, "This was written by a lawyer?!"
Maybe he wanted to see who'd blink ?
Or it's a fake.
That is a possibility we have considered. Who would want to fake
Whitney Leigh??!!

PT?

The letter was not faked. It included ccs to the two federal mediators
who were appointed by Judge Patel. Nobody would dare to fake such a
letter, not even Paul Truong.

Sam Sloan

I have to agree that would make a fake much more unlikely.