Old September 29th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default A message for Karl from J--

Mike Murray wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:02:59 -0700 (PDT), The Historian
wrote:

The anonymice seemed to disappear once Alexander was indited. I wonder
why they are back.

Plurality may be illusion.

I have to think it may be one half of the dynamic duo at work again.

Yesterday was an excellent day for the USCF. Leigh put his whole basket
of eggs in to the disqualification basket and came up a major loser.
From what Hal Bogner wrote and relayed to me, it seems Judge Patel was
not happy with either attorney but especially Leigh who then acted
inappropriately in front of Judge Patel with the arm folding routine
that she rebuked him for.

IMO, Whitney Leigh played it stupidly for his clients. The driving force
behind this was probably a combination of Truong unrealistically looking
for a major pay day and Leigh with some sort of personal animosity to
act out toward Kronenberger. They could have reached a settlement in
July or even a week ago. I don't see that happening now. They have few
options left--none of them good and getting worse all the time. Add to
that the increasing possibility of new suits being filed by several
defendants who have held their fire hoping to settle and you have a long
and costly road ahead for P/T.

Old September 29th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

The anonymice seemed to disappear once Alexander was indited. I wonder
why they are back.

Plurality may be illusion.

I have to think it may be one half of the dynamic duo at work again.

Yesterday was an excellent day for the USCF. *Leigh put his whole basket
of eggs in to the disqualification basket and came up a major loser.
*From what Hal Bogner wrote and relayed to me, it seems Judge Patel was
not happy with either attorney but especially Leigh who then acted
inappropriately in front of Judge Patel with the arm folding routine
that she rebuked him for.

IMO, Whitney Leigh played it stupidly for his clients. The driving force
behind this was probably a combination of Truong unrealistically looking
for a major pay day and Leigh with some sort of personal animosity to
act out toward Kronenberger. They could have reached a settlement in
July or even a week ago. I don't see that happening now. *They have few
options left--none of them good and getting worse all the time. Add to
that the increasing possibility of new suits being filed by several
defendants who have held their fire hoping to settle and you have a long
and costly road ahead for P/T.

Perhaps the fee is time and charges. Now, Leigh would do whatever and
tell the client they're out to get you...as soon as you replenished my
retainer... I'll file the appeal and we'll go all the way to the
Supreme Court.