Old October 1st 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default That Stolen Email Whitney Leigh Used

MR. KRONENBERGER: YES, YOUR HONOR. BUT THE REASONING FOR THAT IS THAT
MS. POLGAR AND MR. TRUONG ARE SAYING THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE NOTICE THAT
THERE WAS ANY SORT OF ADVERSITY BETWEEN MYSELF AND THEM WHEN THERE WAS A
COMMITTEE CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
BECAUSE THEY HAD BEEN SUED.
THEREAFTER, I SENT A LETTER TO MR. TRUONG SAYING:
"I REPRESENT THE U.S. CHESS FEDERATION."
AND I CC'D MS. POLGAR. AND I MADE DEMANDS ON
MR. TRUONG.
FOR THEM TO SAY THAT THEY DID NOT KNOW THAT THERE WERE ADVERSE INTERESTS
BETWEEN THEM ON THE ONE SIDE AND MYSELF, POTENTIALLY, BUT ALSO THE
EXECUTIVE BOARD AND THE CHESS FEDERATION IS ABSURD.
THAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE SUBCOMMITTEE. SO THAT WAS AN IMPORTANT POINT
THAT, AGAIN, I WISH I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE.
ONE OTHER FACT IS THAT MR. LEIGH SEEMS TO BASE A LARGE PART OF HIS CASE
ON THESE COMMENTS THAT ARE IN AN E-MAIL

WHERE HE SAYS THAT I SUPPOSEDLY TRIED TO TERMINATE INSURANCE COVERAGE.
*I WANT TO POINT OUT THAT THIS IS JUST ONE E-MAIL HE'S TALKING ABOUT. IT
WAS STOLEN. IT WAS DOCTORED. THE DATE WAS CHANGED. THE SUBJECT WAS
CHANGED. CONTENT WAS TAKEN OUT OF THIS E-MAIL. THE FORMAT WAS CHANGED.
AND ON TOP OF THAT IT WAS PRIVILEGED.
IT'S NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON THE INTERNET NOW. AND I'VE ACTUALLY NEVER
SEEN IT ON THE INTERNET. I RECEIVED IT IN ATTACHMENTS TO MR. LEIGH'S
DOCUMENTS.*
BUT THE POINT IS THAT SHOULD NOT BE USED. AND THERE'S NO WAY TO
AUTHENTICATE IT. AND IT'S HIGHLY MISLEADING TO BRING THIS TO THE COURT'S
ATTENTION.
http://rapidshare.com/files/28748417...8-09_Patel.pdf
Old October 2nd 09, 11:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
On 1 Oct 2009, BRIAN LAFFERTY wrote:
MR. KRONENBERGER:
WHERE HE SAYS THAT I SUPPOSEDLY TRIED TO TERMINATE INSURANCE COVERAGE.
*I WANT TO POINT OUT THAT THIS IS JUST ONE E-MAIL HE'S TALKING ABOUT. IT
WAS STOLEN. IT WAS DOCTORED. THE DATE WAS CHANGED. THE SUBJECT WAS
CHANGED. CONTENT WAS TAKEN OUT OF THIS E-MAIL. THE FORMAT WAS CHANGED.
AND ON TOP OF THAT IT WAS PRIVILEGED.
IT'S NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON THE INTERNET NOW. AND I'VE ACTUALLY NEVER
SEEN IT ON THE INTERNET. I RECEIVED IT IN ATTACHMENTS TO MR. LEIGH'S
DOCUMENTS.*
BUT THE POINT IS THAT SHOULD NOT BE USED. AND THERE'S NO WAY TO
AUTHENTICATE IT. AND IT'S HIGHLY MISLEADING TO BRING THIS TO THE COURT'S
ATTENTION.
http://rapidshare.com/files/28748417...8-09_Patel.pdf

Is Karl KronenBurgerFlipper a liar or incompetent or both?

I found the email today (October 1) in just a few seconds using jeeves -
the email Karl KronenBurgerFlipper claimed two days ago is "NOWHERE TO BE
FOUND ON THE INTERNET NOW"

LOL! ;D

What a ****ing asshole KKBF is.

Making it even funnier, the fifth match for reproducing that KKBF email
was
a post from BRIAN LAFFERTY himself, from last August, wherein the entirety
of the Burger Flipper's disgusting email was quoted. Here are some of the
headers of that posting--

Subject: To put additional pressure on Truong and Polgar.

Within that post can be found all of Karl's shameful scribble, including--
" To put additional pressure on Truong and Polgar, I would like to contact
the insurer, Chubb, and argue that they should not extend coverage to
Truong and Polgar because the complaint does not allege that their
wrongdoing arises from their status as directors and because Truong and
Polgar both deny that they played any part in the postings. If Chubb does
not cover them, then USCF benefits from Truong and Polgar hiring
potentially lower quality (less expensive) counsel."

But since the incompetent or liar Kronenberger claims his piece de
resistance is "NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON THE INTERNET NOW", I'll help him out
by putting it there again (it is already there in Lafferty's post). Let
us hope the **** is grateful!

[What follows shows what comes from trusting Karl KronenBurgerFlipper, who
deserves not just sanctioning but disbarment, suing down to his last dime
and a long spell in jail]

Greetings.
While I have not been in contact in a week or so, a good amount has
happened, much of it just recently.
Proskauer Representation of Truong & Polgar. Proskauer called me
yesterday morning (the firm representing the USCF in the Sloan suit), and
they asked me if I could give them my opinion about the legitimacy of the
Mottershead report, because they were considering terminating their
representation of Truong and Polgar due to a potential conflict. I told
them that I did not want to say anything at this point, but that I would
be
providing a draft letter to the committee later today, with the
recommendation that the committee approves me sending it to Truong and
Polgar. I told them that I would provide the letter to them if the
committee approves it. They then called back 30 minutes later to inform
me
that they would definitely be terminating representation of Truong and
Polgar. They provided me a draft termination letter of Truong and Polgar
for my review.
I see this as good timing for us, as I am recommending in this email to
send a letter to Paul, cc'ing Susan. At the outset of the letter, I will
make crystal clear that Board takes the allegations and the Board members'
duties toward its members very seriously, as it must. As a result, we
have
established a committee and are aggressively investigating the source of
the "Fake Sam Sloan" postings and related events. The committee expects
everyone who is in any way affiliated with USCF to cooperate in every way
possible in this investigation (this is detailed further below). The
letter would then briefly lay out the grounds for the causes of action
USCF
has against the wrongdoer, and informing Truong of his fiduciary duty (as
long as he is a board member) to cooperate with the investigation.
Factors Influencing Strategy. As we discussed in our conference call a
few weeks ago, we want to put Truong in a position where he has an
incentive to resign from the board, and indeed does resign from the board.
At the same time, we want to get out of the Sloan litigation as soon as
possible. After several discussions with Proskauer, and after a good
amount of research into Sloan and his litigious nature, I am now of the
opinion that not only will the litigation drag on for quite some time, but
that the USCF's best defense will be to prove that Paul Truong is indeed
the Fake Sam Sloan. I must emphasize that, while the litigation may be
protracted, it still appears that the current and potential causes of
action against USCF and its board members (with the exception of Truong
and
Polgar) relating to the Fake Sam Sloan postings are without merit and will
eventually all be dismissed.
Expert Assistance. You have provided me information from United
Forensics
in St. Louis as a possible firm to review Mottershead's report. My
recommendation is that the board should not just engage an expert to
verify
this report, but it should engage an expert to review all of the evidence
that we now have and that we will obtain through the discovery process.
This expert should have the experience to be our expert at trial as well.
Importantly, because you will need to engage an expert at some point in
the
litigation, it would be more cost efficient to use the same expert for
both
fact gathering / verification and for serving as a litigation expert in
depositions and trial. To gain the maximum work product privilege for the
work of the expert, the expert needs to be engaged for the purpose of
litigation and not in the ordinary course of the USCF's business. That
said, you will need an expert who is well versed in Usenet, SMTP, HTTP and
Internet security. With characters such as Fritz Wuehler muddying the
waters, you need an expert who can immediately cut through the misleading
statements (statements about "spoofing" IP addresses as just one example).
There are many experts from which to choose, but I can point to one expert
that has the type of background you need (Fred Cohen, CV will be
distributed by Bill Hall). Regardless of who you choose, knowledge of
Usenet and SMTP protocols is essential (United Forensics seems to be very
criminal law-focused, by the way). I have used Dr. Cohen in the past, and
he has been excellent. Proskauer may also have some recommendations, and
if you need more, I would gladly provide more options for you. Once
Proskauer's termination of Truong and Polgar is effective, I will bring up
this issue with them.
Also regarding the engagement of an expert, if you choose an expert who
can be used at trial, then your insurance company would most likely cover
the expense, even if you need to engage someone early on.
Recommendation: Based on Polgar's and Truong's recent comments,
conversations with Proskauer, and additional verifications I have
conducted
the Mottershead report, I recommend that I draft a letter to Truong,
cc'ing Polgar, explaining the following:
that the USCF takes the allegations of about Truong's fake web
postings, and Truong's and Polgar's accusations against USCF, very
seriously, hence the formation of the committee and the aggressive
investigation;
that the allegations against Truong, true or not, have caused and
will
continue to cause USCF to incur significant legal fees and costs;
that although USCF cannot draw any conclusions until such time as it
has finished its investigation, it must conclude that however the
situation
unfolds, USCF will have multiple causes of action against any number of
parties, including without limitation for indemnity, breaches of fiduciary
duties, fraud, defamation, interference with business relationships,
violations of various state identify theft statutes, and additional causes
of action;
that the Board has a duty to its membership to continue to
investigate
the allegations against Truong until such time as USCF has a greater
comfort level with the surrounding facts;
that the Board will continue to work with its experts in
investigating
this matter;
that, importantly, due to Truong's status as a board member, Truong
has continuing fiduciary duties to USCF and its membership to cooperate to
the greatest extent possible in the Board's investigation of the alleged
wrongdoing;
that Truong immediately do the following or provide the following
information to assist in the investigation, as his fiduciary duties
requi
o that Truong formally admit or deny, in writing, whether he was
involved in the "Fake Sam Sloan" postings, or had knowledge of who made
such postings;
o that Truong provide the IP address of all of his home and work
Internet connections since 2005, or provide consent for the Board
obtaining
and cooperate in the Board obtaining, such IP addresses from ISPs and
other
entities;
o that Truong provide all information that would support his argument
that he was not located at his computer(s) at the time of alleged Fake Sam
Sloan postings, to include information relating to Truong's travel;
o that Truong comply with the forgoing before December 7, 2008.
Truong and Polgar would get this letter on the same day or a day after
they receive notice that Proskauer has terminated them as a client. When
they present my letter to new counsel appointed by Chubb, or when they
present my letter to their other counsel, I suspect that their counsel
would advise Truong to consider resigning from the Board, to avoid further
allegations of breaches of his fiduciary duties.
If and when I would speak to Truong's counsel, I would suggest that
Truong
immediately resign due to his continuing breach of his past and current
obligations to cooperate with the investigation. There could be some room
to negotiate on terms of a resignation, but we can discuss the
possibilities later if Truong is amenable to resigning. Very importantly,
if Truong chooses to fight Sloan or the USCF in this litigation, the USCF
will have no choice but to prove up its case with the great technical and
financial resources USCF has at its disposal, and much of the benefit of
that work by USCF would directly benefit Sloan, who, as stated above, does
not have the resources or legal acumen to attack Truong compared to the
USCF.
To put additional pressure on Truong and Polgar, I would like to contact
the insurer, Chubb, and argue that they should not extend coverage to
Truong and Polgar because the complaint does not allege that their
wrongdoing arises from their status as directors and because Truong and
Polgar both deny that they played any part in the postings. If Chubb does
not cover them, then USCF benefits from Truong and Polgar hiring
potentially lower quality (less expensive) counsel.
Mottershead Continued Involvement with USCF. We need to be careful how
we
deal with Mottershead. We want to keep him as friendly as possible, so he
cooperates with us in our defense; however, the Board may need to take
action against him due to the allegations of him breaching his
confidentiality agreement. I suggest that we send a letter to Mottershead
thanking him for his volunteer activities, but informing him that due to
the pending litigation, we will need to suspend our relationship with him
pending the outcome of the case. Thereafter, we need to change all
administrator and moderator passwords that he possesses. This is a middle
ground, where we can point the blame toward Sloan, and at the same time we
create a record of the Board taking action in response to the allegations
by Polgar and Truong.
Future Compliance / Risk Avoidance. I do have drafts of Terms of and
Conditions of Use and a Privacy Policy for your website, which I need to
review one more time before forwarding to Bill Hall for review. These new
documents will give USCF considerable protection in the future in web
disputes.
Let me know if you have any questions, and if not, let me know whether
you
want me to send the letter as described above.
Very best regards,
Karl
Karl S. Kronenberger
KRONENBERGER BURGOYNE, LLP

You are clueless, but that's a very good thing for the good guys. :-)
Old October 2nd 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Is the information below true and accurate?

Old October 2nd 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Rob wrote:
Is the information below true and accurate?

Yes, from Kronenberger's narrative. True, can and has been documented.

Old October 2nd 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Oct 2, 9:42*am, Rob wrote:

Is the information below true and accurate?--RM

snip

It wouldn't be on the internet if it wasn't.