Old April 2nd 10, 10:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

Default Fischer's Remains to be Exhumed

On Apr 1, 9:16*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Remember last year: They announced that as there is no longer to be
any drug testing in chess, here are a variety of drugs developed to
make you play better, this one is for the opening, this one for the
endgame, etc.

Old April 2nd 10, 12:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

wrote:
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Remember last year: They announced that as there is no longer to be
any drug testing in chess, here are a variety of drugs developed to
make you play better, this one is for the opening, this one for the
endgame, etc.

Sam Sloan

No, this is not a joke.

By coincidence it was decided yesterday that the remains
of Peter Leko will be exhumed in order to definitively
determine the cause of his death.
Old April 2nd 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

wrote:
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Remember last year: They announced that as there is no longer to be
any drug testing in chess, here are a variety of drugs developed to
make you play better, this one is for the opening, this one for the
endgame, etc.

Sam Sloan

No, this is not a joke.

By coincidence it was decided yesterday that the remains
of Peter Leko will be exhumed in order to definitively
determine the cause of his death.

I wish they would dig up Peter Szekely. I would like to know what
killed him.
Old April 2nd 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

wrote:

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Remember last year: They announced that as there is no longer to be
any drug testing in chess, here are a variety of drugs developed to
make you play better, this one is for the opening, this one for the
endgame, etc.

Sam Sloan

If it is a joke, then two major Phillipine newspapers, each with
over 1 million circulation, the long-established and respected Manila
Bulletin, and the Phillipine Star, are both in on it:

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/250528/fi
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...atego ryId=69

Their articles, which it appears Chessbase.com simply reproduced,
were dated 31 March.
Old April 3rd 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

wrote:

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Coincidence does not equate to causation. Lots of things happen
every year on April 1st, by random chance.

It seems to me that since this is not funny in the slightest, the
odds
that the people at Chessbase would use it as an attempt at humor are
slim. In order to do that, they would need to pretend that it
already
happened and that an additional DNA sample was extracted and sent
to a lab to determine the 'true identity' of Bobby's father. Quite
unexpectedly, the result of this (imaginary) test is that Bobby's
father
was neither 'Papa Fischer' nor the Hungarian Jew. No, Bobby's real
biological father was... {click this link to continue reading}. The
link
of course would be 'broken'. Complaints to the web editor would get
the automatic response, 'we are working on the problem and expect
to have it fixed shortly.'

Old April 4th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

It has been reported that Fischer died sooner than he should have
because he was paranoid and refused medical treatment.

This may explain why there were no tissue samples taken of him.

Old April 5th 10, 01:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess

wrote:

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6227

I am sure that this is an April Fool's Joke.

ChessBase does this every year.

Apparently ChessBase published three stories on April 1 2010, each
of which was thought by some readers to be jokes. Besides the Fischer
story, there was one about the Large Hadron Collider (including a
version made of wood!), and another about Magnus Carlsen being a close
cousin of actor Matt Damon. Only one of the three actually was a joke;
you can find out which it was he

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6232