Old May 3rd 10, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.filipino

Default Florencio Campomanes died last night

FIDE USA Zone President Beatriz Marinello has just informed me that
long time chess organizer and FIDE President Florencio Campomanes died
last night.

Campomanes was born in 1927 and came to prominence by organizing the
first million dollar chess match.

Old May 3rd 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.filipino

On May 3, 12:24*pm, samsloan wrote:
FIDE USA Zone President Beatriz Marinello has just informed me that
long time chess organizer and FIDE President Florencio Campomanes died
last night.

Campomanes was born in 1927 and came to prominence by organizing the
first million dollar chess match.

Sam Sloan

Old news Sam