Old May 4th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Humans Interbred with Neanderthals, Study Suggests (Live Science,4-29-10)

I watched a show on Discovery Channel about salmon. The salmon live in
the ocean and then they swim up river to their spawning grounds. There
they spawn and produce millions of eggs and then they are eaten by
bears.

The bears do not eat the entire salmon. They discard the rest in the
forest. Trees grow there. According to the show on Discovery Channel,
the leaves and branches on top of the trees 100 feet up contain DNA
from the salmon partially eaten by the bears, and the DNA in the
salmon comes from fish the salmon ate in the ocean.

If true, this means that DNA can be transferred from one species to
another.

The Kinsey Report which I just reprinted has a section on
interbreeding among different species of animals, cows mating with
sheep and goats for example. Dr. Kinsey also states that nearly 50% of
all East Coast Farm Boys have had sex with a cow. The numbers are much
lower for West Coast Farm Boys because they have girls out there for
that purpose. (You know how those California girls are.)

How do we know for sure that East Coast USA cows do not have human DNA
in them? East Coast Cows are different from West Coast cows, you know!

Old May 4th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

' Dr. Kinsey also states that nearly 50% of
all East Coast Farm Boys have had sex with a cow. The numbers are
much
lower for West Coast Farm Boys because they have girls out there for
that purpose."

.............................it sure would explain all the trailer park
white trash Neo-Nazi wannabes

..................as to the muyzzie/wogs - direct line to baboons!
Old May 5th 10, 03:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 3, 10:00*pm, samsloan wrote:
I watched a show on Discovery Channel about salmon. The salmon live in
the ocean and then they swim up river to their spawning grounds. There
they spawn and produce millions of eggs and then they are eaten by
bears.

The bears do not eat the entire salmon. They discard the rest in the
forest. Trees grow there. According to the show on Discovery Channel,
the leaves and branches on top of the trees 100 feet up contain DNA
from the salmon partially eaten by the bears, and the DNA in the
salmon comes from fish the salmon ate in the ocean.

You misunderstood. The salmon DNA is either carried there by birds,
and lying on the outside of the tree, or, what you are referring to is
the nitrogen and fertilization provided by the salmon for the trees
when the salmon decompose.

If true, this means that DNA can be transferred from one species to
another.

Yes, but that's not what the Discovery channel was showing. You can
easily transfer DNA from one species to another: for example, in
captivity a lion and tiger will mate and produce offspring. Same with
horse and donkey (= mule).

Now, about that photo of you bouncing on the knee of Norman Tweed
Whitaker. Care to discuss that?

RL

Old May 5th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 5, 10:28*am, raylopez99 wrote:
[...]

I have not seen the program in question, but I must agree with Lopez
on this point. As far as I have read, the consumption and digestion of
one multicelluar organism by another does not result in the eaten
organism's DNA being "transferred" to the eater's DNA in any
meaningful way. Sloan seems to be saying that the trees in question
are somehow genetic hybrids of tree and salmon, which is absurd.
Certainly, the eaten organism's DNA could be broken down in the
process of digestion, and molecules from it could then find their way
into the DNA of new cells produced by the eater, but this is by no
means a transfer of genetic code. The molecules thus assimilated
should no more be called DNA than melted-down scrap metal from a
junked Chevy should still be called a car.
Old May 5th 10, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 5, 11:11*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
[...]

junked Chevy should still be called a car.- Hide quoted text -

You folks are way ahead of me; I was still wondering how bears eating
fish connected to Neanderthals in human DNA. I am not a biologist, but
my wild guess is that there is more chance that some Neanderthal DNA
could exist in modern human populations from interbreeding with
Neanderthals than from eating them. However, I would like to point out
that my second cousin Paul Spinrad has written an article (Do Not Mate
With Gentle Vegetarians) on the possibility that vegetarians may in
fact have cow DNA. One of my favorite bizarre reads of all time is von
Daniken's "theory" based on the fact that many cultures have
mythological half-man half-animal figures that humans used to be able
to interbreed with animals, and that Jesus was actually a spaceman
with the bible being primarily invented to create strictures against
this practice in order to purify the human bloodline.

Jerry Spinrad

Jerry Spinrad

Old May 5th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 5, 12:24*pm, "
wrote:

You folks are way ahead of me; I was still wondering how bears eating
fish connected to Neanderthals in human DNA. I am not a biologist, but
my wild guess is that there is more chance that some Neanderthal DNA
could exist in modern human populations from interbreeding with
Neanderthals than from eating them.

I'm sure there was interbreeding between Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon
folks back in the day, and that Neanderthal DNA is still to be found
among modern Homo sapiens. Heck, I've known some guys who strongly
resembled the archetypal cave-man, in both appearance and behavior.

However, I would like to point out
that my second cousin Paul Spinrad has written an article (Do Not Mate
With Gentle Vegetarians) on the possibility that vegetarians may in
fact have cow DNA. One of my favorite bizarre reads of all time is von
Daniken's "theory" based on the fact that many cultures have
mythological half-man half-animal figures that humans used to be able
to interbreed with animals, and that Jesus was actually a spaceman
with the bible being primarily invented to create strictures against
this practice in order to purify the human bloodline.

Sheesh, I knew that Von Daniken had some weird ideas, but he
actually believed that, say, centaurs and mermaids were real?
Old May 5th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 5, 1:39*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
On May 5, 12:24*pm, "

wrote:

[...]

Without going to my used book Gods from Outer Space, bought for 25
cents and well worth it, full of excited evidence of half-man/half-
animals, I found this paragraph from Chariots of the Gods which sums
up the theory on the web. And yes, centaurs, mermaids et al were
considered evidence for the theory. If I have some time, I will track
down the bible as purification of the race part; I recall that it was
fairly amusing.

"Dim, as yet undefinable ages ago an unknown spaceship discovered our
planet. The crew of the spaceship soon found that the Earth had all
the prerequisites for intelligent life to develop. Obviously the 'man'
of those times was no homo sapiens but something rather different. The
spacemen artificially fertilized some female members of this species,
put them into a deep sleep, so ancient legends say, and departed.
Thousands of years later the space travelers returned and found
scattered specimens of the genus homo sapiens. They repeated their
breeding experiment several times until finally they produced a
creature intelligent enough to have the rules of society imparted to
it. The people of that age were still barbaric. Because there was a
danger that they might retrogress and mate with animals again, the
space travelers destroyed the unsuccessful specimens or took them with
them to settle them on other continents. The first communities and the
first skills came into being; rock faces and cave walls were painted,
pottery was discovered, and the first attempts at architecture were
made.

Jerry Spinrad

Old May 5th 10, 08:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Some religions believe that animals want to be eaten by humans since
that is their only way to achieve immortality.
Old May 5th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

I bet those early homo sapiens males found neanderthal women REALLY
easy to pick up.
Old May 5th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,sci.archaeology,alt.revisionism,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 5, 2:39*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* I'm sure there was interbreeding between Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon
folks back in the day, and that Neanderthal DNA is still to be found
among modern Homo sapiens. Heck, I've known some guys who strongly
resembled the archetypal cave-man, in both appearance and behavior.

That grandmaster from Detroit comes to mind, remember him with the
lowbrow? Or was it the moniker "Caveman" that used to post at
r.g.c.m.?

The Caveman Opening...googling this...FIDE Master Kevin L. Bachler was
nicknamed "Caveman" in 1981 when National Master Albert Chow described
his play as "stone age chess", and said "You play like a caveman." --
that's about as much as I found...he must look like a brute, no photos
on his webpage.

RL