Old May 4th 10, 06:35 PM posted to misc.legal,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,soc.culture.usa

Default Copyright Law and the Kinsey Report on the Human Female

On May 4, 8:13*am, samsloan wrote:

If you think that Saunders owns the copyright, then you have not
studied copyright law.

I don't consider myself a current expert by any means but up through
the early 2000s I regularly lectured on copyright and fair use of
educational material, including books. I think you are wrong.

I pity the poor students who listened to your lectures then.

Under the Copyright Law of 1976 the author owns the copyright, not the
publisher.

I am shocked that there is anybody who does not know this.

Sam are you claiming that Dr. Kinsey was an employee, or an
independent contractor, of the organization that commissioned his
work? It makes a difference in (c) law, says Google.

RL