Old May 14th 10, 12:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default No Bidding for National Scholastics

On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote:
Last weekend I attended the National Elementary in Atlanta.
While there I was told that there is a delegate resolution to prevent
the USCF office from bidding out any of the National Scholastic
Championships.
Frankly, I didn't know they had been bidding them out since about
2000.
Does anyone know who put forth this resolution?
Does anyone have a copy they could put up?

After an absense of 10 years from the event, I was surprised to see
the same faces running the events with very few exceptions.
Many of these faces have passed from moderately aged to mid 70s.
I must wonder where the young organizers are. *Are they being kept out
by the old guards chumroderie?

Richard Peterson

After you sued the USCF over the 1999 National Elementary, it is small
wonder that you have been kept out of the loop, ever since.

There are too many kids and too much money involved in these events,
which some times have as many as 5,000 kids, that I feel that the USCF
can no longer bid them out to independent contractors. Your real
question is why are the tournament directors getting old and
unchanged. That is a valid concern which I feel should be addressed.

Old May 14th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 14, 7:25*am, samsloan wrote:
On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

You want younger tournament directors Sam? Is that your platform?
What you got against Bill Gochberg, the long time tourney organizer?
He makes a nickel a kid, after expenses. That too much for ya? I
don't see you slogging through all the hard work that goes into making
a tourney successful.

RL
Old May 14th 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 14, 4:25*am, samsloan wrote:
On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote:

[...]

Sam, Sam, Sam,
Wrongo.
I did not sue USCF. Crazy Mike Cavallo sued me without board
authority and was removed by the board about 3 months later.
Even USCF President Bob Smith admitted that there were giant holes in
USCF's story.

Rp
Old May 14th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 14, 11:29*am, wrote:

After you sued the USCF over the 1999 National Elementary, it is small
wonder that you have been kept out of the loop, ever since.

Sam, Sam, Sam,
Wrongo.
I did not sue USCF. *Crazy Mike Cavallo sued me without board
authority and was removed by the board about 3 months later.
Even USCF President Bob Smith admitted that there were giant holes in
USCF's story. Rp-

What about that pro se suit in 2003?
Old May 14th 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote:

[...]

I do not understand your question.

Bill Goichberg has nothing to do with the National Scholastic
Championships. He has never directed or been an assistant director to
one.

Old May 15th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 13, 8:21*pm, wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

Sam,
This isn't true at all.
Goichberg has directed at least four different national scholastics at
one time or another.
His events had a completely different tone and tenor than the normal
national scholastics. For instance, everything was done about like a
World Open.

The scholastic community was not crazy about his way as it was a
change from what they were used to.

Rp
Old May 15th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 14, 11:42*am, None wrote:
On May 14, 11:29*am, wrote:

After you sued the USCF over the 1999 National Elementary, it is small
wonder that you have been kept out of the loop, ever since.

Sam, Sam, Sam,
Wrongo.
I did not sue USCF. *Crazy Mike Cavallo sued me without board
authority and was removed by the board about 3 months later.
Even USCF President Bob Smith admitted that there were giant holes in
USCF's story. Rp-

What about that pro se suit in 2003?

Try to follow the conversation.
Sam said I sued USCF over the 1999 National Elementary. I said that
was false and that it was Cavallo who filed his unauthorized suit.
This had nothing to do with 2003.

I guess if you take any statement out of context, you can create
whatever you want from it.
Old May 15th 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 15, 12:15*am, wrote:

Try to follow the conversation.
Sam said I sued USCF over the 1999 National Elementary. *I said that
was false and that it was Cavallo who filed his unauthorized suit.

Is that the one where they served your pregnant wife too? Did you know
that they sell water at all CCA tournaments?
Old May 15th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 15, 12:34*am, None wrote:
On May 15, 12:15*am, wrote:

Try to follow the conversation.
Sam said I sued USCF over the 1999 National Elementary. *I said that
was false and that it was Cavallo who filed his unauthorized suit.

Is that the one where they served your pregnant wife too? Did you know
that they sell water at all CCA tournaments?

You disgust me you pervert. Are you suggesting that they sell the
water a pregnant woman breaks when she breaches and has a baby? Sell
it to you maybe, perv?

You make me sick. You call yourself a chess player? You should be
locked up.

RL
Old May 16th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On May 15, 7:07*pm, None wrote:
On May 15, 6:44*pm, raylopez99 wrote:

On May 15, 12:34*am, None wrote:

On May 15, 12:15*am, wrote:

Try to follow the conversation.
Sam said I sued USCF over the 1999 National Elementary. *I said that
was false and that it was Cavallo who filed his unauthorized suit.

Is that the one where they served your pregnant wife too? Did you know
that they sell water at all CCA tournaments?

You disgust me you pervert. *Are you suggesting that they sell the
water a pregnant woman breaks when she breaches and has a baby? *Sell
it to you maybe, perv?

You make me sick. *You call yourself a chess player? *You should be
locked up.

RL

No you idiot...it is an inside joke

This refers to the fact that at the 1999 National Elementary
Championship organized by Richard Peterson (ASCACHESS), water was said
to have been sold at $2 per bottle to the kiddies, rather than
supplying the kids with free canisters and cups as were standard at
other events.