Old July 27th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Kosteniuk Being Attacked on Polgar Blog

On Jul 25, 9:29*am, Taylor Kingston
wrote:

* Anonymous said...

This is also the same Kosteniuk who claims to be a GM at age 14 (a total
lie)

* It is not a lie. She attained the Woman Grandmaster title at that
age.

There are two different FIDE titles which incorporate the term
grandmaster:
IGM (very often rendered as simply 'GM') and WGM (which is not
equivalent
to the other, higher title).

I visited Susan Polgar's website a grand total of one time. When I
found it
was filled to the brim with deliberate misrepresentations (not unlike
the one
above in which ambiguity becomes a handy device), I saw no reason to
ever
return.

Perhaps there is a valuable lesson here. Some of the top women
players
seem to be at each other's throats, not unlike what typically is seen
here in
rgc among the 'regulars.' Rather than obsess over who accomplished
what
at a very early age, perhaps it would be more productive to observe
who is
doing what (and I'm not talking about playing chess) as a supposedly
mature adult.
Old July 27th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:

[...]

You mean... like your obsession with Phil Innes, and your not being
able to tell him apart from Ray Lopez...
Old July 28th 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 27, 4:56*pm, The Master wrote:

* Perhaps there is a valuable lesson here. *Some of the top women
players seem to be at each other's throats, not unlike what typically is seen
here in rgc among the 'regulars.' * Rather than obsess over who accomplished
what at a very early age, perhaps it would be more productive to observe
who is doing what (and I'm not talking about playing chess) as a supposedly
mature adult.

Cat fight - hissing, whining and moaning.

Old July 28th 10, 11:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 27, 9:10*pm, None wrote:
On Jul 27, 4:56*pm, The Master wrote:

* Perhaps there is a valuable lesson here. *Some of the top women
players seem to be at each other's throats, not unlike what typically is seen
here in rgc among the 'regulars.' * Rather than obsess over who accomplished
what at a very early age, perhaps it would be more productive to observe
who is doing what (and I'm not talking about playing chess) as a supposedly
mature adult.

Cat fight - hissing, whining and moaning.

This is not true. It is only Polgar and her beloved Truong that does
this.

The other top women are, in general, friends with each other and do
not engage in such practices.

Old July 28th 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 28 July, 11:38, samsloan wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:10*pm, None wrote:

On Jul 27, 4:56*pm, The Master wrote:

* Perhaps there is a valuable lesson here. *Some of the top women
players seem to be at each other's throats, not unlike what typically is seen
here in rgc among the 'regulars.' * Rather than obsess over who accomplished
what at a very early age, perhaps it would be more productive to observe
who is doing what (and I'm not talking about playing chess) as a supposedly
mature adult.

Cat fight - hissing, whining and moaning.

This is not true. It is only Polgar and her beloved Truong that does
this.

The other top women are, in general, friends with each other and do
not engage in such practices.

Sam Sloan

Ms. Polgar is, as far as I am aware, still friendly with Xie Jun, with
whom she
contested the Women's World Championship in Jaen, in 1996.

It appears that citizen Polgar does not like Ms. Kosteniuk, for
whatever
reason, but she (i.e. Polgar) is typically ineffectual.

Here in England, we have an expression: "Handbags at ten paces".

A woman's handbag is the Brit equivalent of what Americans call a
purse.

Mark Houlsby

Old July 28th 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 28, 7:00*am, Mark Houlsby wrote:

It appears that citizen Polgar does not like Ms. Kosteniuk, for
whatever
reason, but she (i.e. Polgar) is typically ineffectual.

Here in England, we have an expression: "Handbags at ten paces".

A woman's handbag is the Brit equivalent of what Americans call a
purse.

Yes, as we see he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqSmiC_xHg
Old July 28th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 27, 9:10*pm, None wrote:

On Jul 27, 4:56*pm, The Master wrote:

* Perhaps there is a valuable lesson here. *Some of the top women
players seem to be at each other's throats, not unlike what typically is seen
here in rgc among the 'regulars.' * Rather than obsess over who accomplished
what at a very early age, perhaps it would be more productive to observe
who is doing what (and I'm not talking about playing chess) as a supposedly
mature adult.

Cat fight - hissing, whining and moaning.

This is not true. It is only Polgar and her beloved Truong that does
this.

The other top women are, in general, friends with each other and do
not engage in such practices.

Sam Sloan

Ms. Polgar is, as far as I am aware, still friendly with Xie Jun, with
whom she contested the Women's World Championship in Jaen, in 1996.

BULL****

Xie Jun invited me to have dinner with her after the conclusion of the
FIDE World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul in 2000.

During the entire dinner Xie Jun complained about Polgar and
especially about the negative comments Polgar made about Xie Jun in
her book "Queen of the King's Game".

They have not met since. Polgar is not a friend of Xie Jun, nor is Xie
Jun a friend of Polgar.

Old July 28th 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 27, 9:10*pm, None wrote:

[...]

[Event "Calvia ol (Women)"]
[Site "Mallorca"]
[Date "2004.10.25"]
[Round "10.1"]
[White "Xie Jun"]
[Black "Polgar, Zsuzsa"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "C67"]
[WhiteElo "2569"]
[BlackElo "2567"]
[PlyCount "22"]
[EventDate "2004.10.15"]
[EventType "team"]
[EventRounds "14"]
[EventCountry "ESP"]
[Source "ChessBase"]
[SourceDate "2004.11.03"]
[WhiteTeam "China"]
[BlackTeam "US of America"]
[WhiteTeamCountry "CHN"]
[BlackTeamCountry "USA"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nf6 4. O-O Nxe4 5. Re1 Nd6 6. Nxe5 Nxe5 7.
Rxe5+ Be7
8. Bf1 O-O 9. d4 Bf6 10. Re1 Nf5 11. c3 d5 1/2-1/2

When New In Chess reported on this game, the article featured a
photograph of Polgar
and Xie *drinking together* afterwards.

Sloan, you are a ****wit.

Mark Houlsby
Old July 28th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:44:31 -0700 (PDT), Mark Houlsby
wrote:

On 28 July, 14:17, samsloan wrote:

Xie Jun invited me to have dinner with her after the conclusion of the
FIDE World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul in 2000.

During the entire dinner Xie Jun complained about Polgar and
especially about the negative comments Polgar made about Xie Jun in
her book "Queen of the King's Game".

They have not met since. Polgar is not a friend of Xie Jun, nor is Xie
Jun a friend of Polgar.

Sam Sloan

[Event "Calvia ol (Women)"]
[Site "Mallorca"]
[Date "2004.10.25"]
[Round "10.1"]
[White "Xie Jun"]
[Black "Polgar, Zsuzsa"]

When New In Chess reported on this game, the article featured a
photograph of Polgar
and Xie *drinking together* afterwards.

Other than Sloan's claim that "they have not met since", his anecdote
is compatible with your game report.

Having a drink with someone you don't like? Might be wise. "Keep
your enemies close" (Sun-Tzu) and all that.
Old July 28th 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

wrote:
[...]

Well, that's a possible interpretation, Mike, but they sure *seemed*
buddy-buddy, then there's this:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1986

....which, again, is possibly susceptible to the Sun Tzu
interpretation,
yet somehow I suspect not....

In any event, "Ace Reporter" Sloan got his facts wrong.

He doesn't *always* get his facts wrong, just *very nearly always*.