Old September 29th 10, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default I have arrived at the World Chess Olympiad in Khanty-Mansiysk,Siberia, Russia

Bobcat wrote:
..
Thank you SBD and Taylor Kingston for your explantion. Old dogs *can*
learn new tricks, until your explanation I had never heard of Forsyth
Edwards Notation, only Descriptive Notation and Algebraic Notation, so
this is a new one on me.

Huh ! I notice no mention of PGN - notation - in the above notational
glut - a notation infinitely preferable to FEN - oh tailess one..

===
Old September 30th 10, 07:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
sd sd is offline

On Sep 29, 1:50*pm, micky wrote:
Bobcat wrote:

.

Thank you SBD and Taylor Kingston for your explantion. Old dogs *can*
learn new tricks, until your explanation I had never heard of Forsyth
Edwards Notation, only Descriptive Notation and Algebraic Notation, so
this is a new one on me.

Huh ! I notice no mention of PGN - notation - in the above notational
glut - a notation infinitely preferable to FEN - oh tailess one..

===

Actually, Mickeroo, if you follow the Wikipedia link I gave, you will
note that PGN is given its due:

"Steven J. Edwards extended it to support use by computers. FEN is an
integral part of the Portable Game Notation for chess games, since FEN
is used to define initial positions other than the standard one."

Feel free to have a drinky on me while you wrap your noodle around
that one.

SBD