Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 11th 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,soc.culture.russian
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,256
Default Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad

On Oct 11, 1:13*pm, Mark Houlsby wrote:
On 11 Oct, 16:48, samsloan wrote:

Sam Sloan campaigned hard for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad and
FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia but unfortunately he
just could enough votes.


"He just could enough votes"? Anyone have the Sloan decoder ring
handy?

Here is a picture of Sam Sloan campaigning hard at the Bermuda Party.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5070814412/


Before those girls would pose with them, Sam had to assure them
"Don't worry about disease. In America I have been cured many times!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_zPmwvQFaM

Here's the result of searching for Sam Sloan in Google Images:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...280&bih=683&q=...


Somehow he reminds me of Edward Teller. An Edward Teller look-alike
on quaaludes who slept in his clothes.
  #2   Report Post  
Old October 12th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,soc.culture.russian
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2010
Posts: 134
Default Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad

On Oct 11, 5:26*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:13*pm, Mark Houlsby wrote:

On 11 Oct, 16:48, samsloan wrote:


Sam Sloan campaigned hard for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad and
FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia but unfortunately he
just could enough votes.


* "He just could enough votes"? Anyone have the Sloan decoder ring
handy?

Here is a picture of Sam Sloan campaigning hard at the Bermuda Party.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5070814412/


* Before those girls would pose with them, Sam had to assure them
"Don't worry about disease. In America I have been cured many times!"



Libel per se. Archived. Expect a summons.

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement
about another which accuses him/her of ... having a loathsome disease
(like syphilis)... Such claims are considered so obviously harmful
that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general
damages," and not just specific losses.
  #3   Report Post  
Old October 12th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,soc.culture.russian
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 80
Default Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad

On Oct 12, 11:31*am, Your smrat wrote:
On Oct 11, 5:26*pm, Taylor Kingston
wrote:





On Oct 11, 1:13*pm, Mark Houlsby wrote:


On 11 Oct, 16:48, samsloan wrote:


Sam Sloan campaigned hard for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad and
FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia but unfortunately he
just could enough votes.


* "He just could enough votes"? Anyone have the Sloan decoder ring
handy?


Here is a picture of Sam Sloan campaigning hard at the Bermuda Party.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5070814412/


* Before those girls would pose with them, Sam had to assure them
"Don't worry about disease. In America I have been cured many times!"


Libel per se. Archived. Expect a summons.

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement
about another which accuses him/her of ... having a loathsome disease
(like syphilis)... Such claims are considered so obviously harmful
that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general
damages," and not just specific losses.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Taylor Kingston was clearly joking. No doubt he shares all our worry
that Sam Sloan might be corrupted by ubersophisticated Siberian ladies.
  #4   Report Post  
Old October 12th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,soc.culture.russian
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
Default Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad

On 10/12/2010 1:16 PM, DannyPurvis wrote:
On Oct 12, 11:31 am, Your smrat wrote:
On Oct 11, 5:26 pm, Taylor
wrote:





On Oct 11, 1:13 pm, Mark wrote:


On 11 Oct, 16:48, wrote:


Sam Sloan campaigned hard for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad and
FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk, Siberia, Russia but unfortunately he
just could enough votes.


"He just could enough votes"? Anyone have the Sloan decoder ring
handy?


Here is a picture of Sam Sloan campaigning hard at the Bermuda Party.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5070814412/


Before those girls would pose with them, Sam had to assure them
"Don't worry about disease. In America I have been cured many times!"


Libel per se. Archived. Expect a summons.

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement
about another which accuses him/her of ... having a loathsome disease
(like syphilis)... Such claims are considered so obviously harmful
that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general
damages," and not just specific losses.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Taylor Kingston was clearly joking. No doubt he shares all our worry
that Sam Sloan might be corrupted by ubersophisticated Siberian ladies.

But did he find his next wife. The gift of citizenship--the greatest
wedding present available for a groom to give.
  #5   Report Post  
Old October 12th 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,soc.culture.russian
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Sam Sloan Campaigning for Karpov at the World Chess Olympiad

On Oct 12, 11:31*am, Your smrat wrote:

* Before those girls would pose with them, Sam had to assure them
"Don't worry about disease. In America I have been cured many times!"


Libel per se. Archived. Expect a summons.

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement
about another which accuses him/her of ... having a loathsome disease
(like syphilis)... Such claims are considered so obviously harmful
that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general
damages," and not just specific losses.-


Yet another guardhouse lawyer speaks.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 March 22nd 06 05:35 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 February 19th 06 05:44 AM
rec.games.chess.misc FAQ [2/4] [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 February 4th 06 05:25 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017