Old November 30th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Greatest Chess Game Ever Played in the History of the World

Perhaps 15. Qe3+ would have caused you a few problems.

On Nov 30, 2:13*am, samsloan wrote:

That game might have transposed back into this one had I played
10. ... Qxg2 instead. So, I played it this time. I cannot find a
refutation to the way that I played.

Old November 30th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 30, 9:28*am, "Jon D'Souza-Eva" wrote:
Perhaps 15. Qe3+ would have caused you a few problems.

On Nov 30, 2:13*am, samsloan wrote:

That game might have transposed back into this one had I played
10. ... Qxg2 instead. So, I played it this time. I cannot find a
refutation to the way that I played.

Sam Sloan

So, OK, it's mate, as somebody else also pointed out.

But any man who is a real man is not bothered by getting mated in two.
There are other variations to try, next time.

Old November 30th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 30, 9:28*am, "Jon D'Souza-Eva" wrote:
Perhaps 15. Qe3+ would have caused you a few problems.

Thank you for pointing this out and you are correct. My opponent
missed a mate in two and I missed it also.

Fortunately , James E. Bennett on the USCF Forums has found an
improvement for me. If I play 13. ... Nxd5 instead of 13. ... Qxd5 I
hold the extra piece and there is no mate as the knight and queen
guard all the key squares. If White tries to mate me he gets mated
instead. For example: 13... Nxd5 14. Qe2+ Kh6 15. d4+ g5 16. hxg5+ Kg7
17. f6+ Kf7 18. Qh5+ Ke6 19. Qe8+ Kd6 20. Qd8+ Kc6 21. Qe8+ Kb6 22.
Qd8+ Ka6

Now, the white queen is trapped and lost and the rook falls too so
White is checkmated.

So, the Damiano "Defense" lives!!!

Old December 6th 10, 06:45 PM
Junior Member

Location: Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan View Post
But any man who is a real man is not bothered by getting mated in two.
There are other variations to try, next time.

Sam Sloan
I must not be as advanced in my game as I thought. I still hate getting mated in two. Or three. Or four. Getting beaten by a good player has a weird sort of sour taste that I've grown to enjoy. It's almost like a fine wine. Or mustard. But I hate being hit that early in the game.

Find the best funny facebook status

Last edited by 3DChess : April 7th 12 at 01:24 AM