Old December 21st 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Grob's Angriff and The Tactical Grob are both out today

Grob's Angriff and The Tactical Grob are both out

You should be able to find them listed by ISBN Number within a few
days if not already at bn.com and amazon.com

Here are the numbers.

4-87187-866-X The Tactical Grob
4-87187-867-8 Grob's Angriff

I wanted to get them out before Christmas although it is too late for
any significant Christmas sales.

These are very rare books on 1. g4 known as Grob's Opening or the
Spike. Foir many years no copies have been available on Amazon or the
other bookseller websites. With great difficulty I was able to obtain
originals of these two books and now they have been reprinted.

You will be able to find them soon at the following locations:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878678
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878678

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=487187866X
http://www.amazon.com/dp/487187866X

Old December 21st 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 21, 1:37*pm, samsloan wrote:
Grob's Angriff and The Tactical Grob are both out

You should be able to find them listed by ISBN Number within a few
days if not already at bn.com and amazon.com

Here are the numbers.

4-87187-866-X * * The Tactical Grob
4-87187-867-8 * * Grob's Angriff

I wanted to get them out before Christmas although it is too late for
any significant Christmas sales.

These are very rare books on 1. g4 known as Grob's Opening or the
Spike. Foir many years no copies have been available on Amazon or the
other bookseller websites. With great difficulty I was able to obtain
originals of these two books and now they have been reprinted.

You will be able to find them soon at the following locations:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo.../dp/4871878678

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo.../dp/487187866X

Sam Sloan

It seems that Stan Booz is messing up my postings.

Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Old December 21st 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 21, 4:45*pm, samsloan wrote:

It seems that Stan Booz is messing up my postings.

Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Sam Sloan-

Here you go spammer, can you spot me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7J...ature=youtu.be
Old December 21st 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 21, 4:48*pm, None wrote:
On Dec 21, 4:45*pm, samsloan wrote:

It seems that Stan Booz is messing up my postings.

Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Sam Sloan-

Here you go spammer, can you spot me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7J...ature=youtu.be

No kidding, Stan, are you really in that?
Old December 22nd 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:
..
It seems that Stan Booz is messing up my postings.

..

I'd say he was trying to deliver a subtle hint - Spam..

..

Old December 22nd 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

[...]

I don't like it when real chess research, even for theoretical profit,
gets blaghed by anons. If Stan Booz and other 'brave' anons, those who
like non-chess want to issue comments, is it too much to ask of them
that it be on chess topics? Of course, we know many 'brave' anons have
played a role in these news groups in chess politics, and speaking
completely for myself, if the consistent message they emit is similar
to their chess appreciation, they should consider dominoes.

Sam Sloan has found original materials I myself found circa 1970, and
as I see from the Traxler thread, the shock/horror of such openings
will have writers here, apparently experts or masters throwing up
their hands. If so, Sam Sloan has found good challenging material for
the active chess player.

Phil Innes
Old December 23rd 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 22, 5:30*pm, ChessFire wrote:

I don't like it when real chess research, even for theoretical profit,
gets blaghed by anons. If Stan Booz and other 'brave' anons, those who
like non-chess want to issue comments, is it too much to ask of them
that it be on chess topics?

Yes like all that drivel you posted yet spoke not.

Sam Sloan has found original materials I myself found circa 1970,

Obviously, if it is meaningful, you found it almost first.

Who is this anon: ChessFart?
Old December 23rd 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 22, 10:45*pm, None wrote:
On Dec 22, 5:30*pm, ChessFire wrote:

I don't like it when real chess research, even for theoretical profit,
gets blaghed by anons. If Stan Booz and other 'brave' anons, those who
like non-chess want to issue comments, is it too much to ask of them
that it be on chess topics?

Yes like all that drivel you posted yet spoke not.

Sam Sloan has found original materials I myself found circa 1970,

Obviously, if it is meaningful, you found it almost first.

Who is this anon: ChessFart?

How happy we are that you were not elected to the USCF board. And I
say this regretting that Sam Sloan was, but at least he and I are
chess players still interested in what works when playing the game,
rather than any other sort of opinion.

Even an abusenik could understand that, no? Well... an abusenik with
IQ over 95.

And Sloan and I manage to mention a topic or combative chess that we
have both used nothing to do with database reports and what happened
in 1951. Of what use of that if you are playing honest chess without
look-ups?

It is, as any legal hack will tell you for free, in fact they insist
on their free opinion without of course claiming any responsibility
for issuing it, impossible to malign the reputation of an anon, that
is to say, if they have a reputation they would likely sign their own
names to their opinions. If they have not, then they are as a group,
nigaudes, boobies and simpletons supported or not contradicted by semi-
nigaudes.

This opening system has beaten IMs especially by main proponents like
Bill Wall and Michael Basman, and why anyone here thinks they can
contradict its worth is clearly the result of their lack of
understanding of actually playing chess. Sam Sloan should not be
criticized for finding original material for opening play which would
defeat almost all here see the Traxler thread as example.

His is actually useful contribution to those who play chess and like
to duke it out over the board, rather than opinionate from their
fondly remembered best game, scoring in many instance against Expert
C's.

Phil Innes
Old December 24th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On On Dec 22, 10:45*pm, None wrote:

How happy we are that you were not elected to the USCF board.

Not surprising since I never ran nor even entained the thought of
running.

And I ...unrelated drivel snipped

Old December 24th 10, 06:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Dec 23, 8:16*pm, None wrote:

On On Dec 22, 10:45*pm, None wrote:

How happy we are that you were not elected to the USCF board.

Not surprising since I never ran nor even entained the thought of
running.

And I ...unrelated drivel snipped

You have to allow for the fact that Dr. Innes is evidently insane.

For example, what sane person would launch an attack on those
who are 'abuseniks' and in the same post include mostly abuse of
his own creation?
Who but a lunatic would blast those who do not play over the
board, while himself refusing challenges to do just that?
And who else but a nutcase would veer so far off course in his
'defense' of Mr. Sloan's advertisements in rgc as to change the
subject of discussion to 'how effective is the Grob?' from the real
question which is 'are Sloan's chess book advertisements really
spam when they appear in chess newsgroups'?

I think the answers are self-evident: only a complete nutjob --or
a world champion caliber hypocrite-- would do such things. Thus,
rgc readers must judge for themselves whether what we have here
is a case of *total insanity* or a bona fide world champion level
competitor in the 'sport' of hypocrisy. The first choice has the
added benefit of nicely accounting for Mr. Innes' belief that Mr.
Booz ran for USCF office-- something the second choice leaves
unexplained.